Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I obviously enjoy making little community assets (and have made a bunch of Sigs over the years). Steam doesn't have signatures (booo!) but they do have community items, so I set out to make them. Quality Control is... a little tighter than on F95, so it's taken nearly a month to complete it (and a weekend to make them). If you've got the steam game, either purchased or through a free key, trading cards should start dropping already:

redheads.jpg
In addition to the trading cards I also made 5 new steam backgrounds, a full badge-set and emotes.

Enjoy :)

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
The must be some sort of Irony in the works here...

I was checking this pos
I obviously enjoy making little community assets (and have made a bunch of Sigs over the years). Steam doesn't have signatures (booo!) but they do have community items, so I set out to make them. Quality Control is... a little tighter than on F95, so it's taken nearly a month to complete it (and a weekend to make them). If you've got the steam game, either purchased or through a free key, trading cards should start dropping already:

In addition to the trading cards I also made 5 new steam backgrounds, a full badge-set and emotes.

Enjoy :)
There must be some sort of omen here, I was checking this tread and I got an alert from Steam about 4 new items in my Steam Account inventory...

1610951026927.png

Don't mind the Pink one... she didnt made the cut for the final version.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Speaking of Steam... what would the reasons be for not triggering achievements... for instance 'Fighting Fit' STR/INT/CHR above 10...

My current stats in first Steam playthrough...
2021-01-18 09_26_27-Love of Magic.jpg
Achievement is still locked.

Also other achievements such as 'Their Screamsess', I know I've killed Defilers, but the progress bar count is 0/5...
Many many of my opponents die from hundreds of poison damage and 'Toxic Environment' is still locked... is it kill with ONLY poison damage?
I know I have also killed an enemy before the card table filled, but that achievement is also still locked.
I have only the Act V Completed achievement, are there no achievements for Acts I-IV

Steam is always running on my PC and I've started LoM from Steam every time for this playthrough...

Is this a save file issue? When I started this play through, the game showed the auto-saves from the end of each chapter from the last build I played on, but I started a new game.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
My current stats in first Steam playthrough...
Two answers to that; the first one is that achievement tracking only came in for the 1.0.x series of builds (it was one of the big things I did in December). So if you killed a bunch of monsters in 0.6.x, that wouldn't count.

The other part is that any achievements you've triggered in the non-steam version will already be considered 'triggered' in the steam version (like the unlocked Wallpapers, triggered achievements is stored in system.sav). You can tell the system to clear all achievements from the debug menu (ctrl+J), which will let you receive achievements that you've previously received again.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

First big new tech-task for Book 2 is the Elsewhere World Map; it'll serve as the central hub for MC in gathering resources, visiting other locations (like Tir Na nOg, Camelot or Lancaster), fighting monsters and having random encounters. I put together a little video of what I've been up to the last 2 weeks in building it for the patreons.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Two answers to that; the first one is that achievement tracking only came in for the 1.0.x series of builds (it was one of the big things I did in December). So if you killed a bunch of monsters in 0.6.x, that wouldn't count.

The other part is that any achievements you've triggered in the non-steam version will already be considered 'triggered' in the steam version (like the unlocked Wallpapers, triggered achievements is stored in system.sav). You can tell the system to clear all achievements from the debug menu (ctrl+J), which will let you receive achievements that you've previously received again.
I clicked Start after installing 1.07b from Steam, but I did not delete the save files at \AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic.

There are only two files in there from when I played last August, catgirl_shower.mem and catwoman_shower.mem... and I remember thinking last night that I bought that outfit for Chloe but the bathroom event never triggered...

Damnit... I buggered myself by not starting clean. I should have known something was wrong with progression when the entire gallery became visible... >_<

Oh well, I missed some things I didn't know about according to a guide I read, so kill it with fire after this and 3rd playthrough, HOOOOO!!!
tenor.gif

Reactions: Droid Productions

pstear

May 21, 2020
There is a reason why you use only celtic and norse pantheons?
With final battle before us, why there is not a word about greek/roman or slavic (when aztec do)?
Roman mythology is the interesting one . As the Arthurian legend comes from Romano-British history and is somewhat lost in the mists of time .

Having said that , it is a game , historically I cant think of any links to Scotland at all . And being Anglo-Saxon I would be one of the evil invaders .

Reactions: Adry Lemon

greggus

Jul 18, 2017
Roman mythology is the interesting one . As the Arthurian legend comes from Romano-British history and is somewhat lost in the mists of time .

Having said that , it is a game , historically I cant think of any links to Scotland at all . And being Anglo-Saxon I would be one of the evil invaders .
Yep, but it is not about conections.
We just started mother of all wars and it will be spreading on entire world. All (still)existing pantheons should be involved somehow.

cbsx

May 4, 2020

pstear

May 21, 2020
Yep, but it is not about conections.
We just started mother of all wars and it will be spreading on entire world. All (still)existing pantheons should be involved somehow.
"Still existing" is a interesting comment . Norse and Celtic gods are still followed . Don't know about Roman/Greek . One of the largest religions with a pantheon of gods is Hindu .

Reactions: Rolo

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Hmm. That's not ideal. I noticed one of their nodes was struggling earlier... might be temporary. I'll check it out; thanks for the heads up.
I just downloaded to test and it unzipped and ran fine. It is a distributed service though, so the server I hit may not be the one they hit.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just downloaded to test and it unzipped and ran fine. It is a distributed service though, so the server I hit may not be the one they hit.
I tried to download, it timed out. I think it's just struggling under high load.

Nopy's my personally preferred host, and I'm a so if it's still down later I'll upload a new one.

nopy said:
As a non profit service with a finite amount of resources, it's unfortunately inevitable that there will be turbulent periods where our capacity is maxed. Thankfully due to the incredibly generous support of our community, we're able to stay ahead of most of these issues, and upgrade before any real problems hit. Sadly that wasn't the case this time, and we suffered severe impacts to our service. However, the changes and upgrades we've made over the past week should put nopy in a much more stable position to weather the next storm :)
They're pretty damned cool guys, and by far the most ethical 'alternative' host on the internet.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Nopy's my personally preferred host, and I'm a so if it's still down later I'll upload a new one.
They're pretty damned cool guys, and by far the most ethical 'alternative' host on the internet.
I did notice you have a fancy "File uploaded by" on your DLs there... :cool:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I did notice you have a fancy "File uploaded by" on your DLs there... :cool:
:)
They were actually the first people I subscribed to on Patreon. After them it was two musicians ( , who I haven't been able to include any music from yet as her copyright terms are too strict, and the amazing , who's provided a bunch of the , including Emily's theme, Chloe's theme, the training/sword theme, Valerie's theme, Wrath and the iteration of Parting Glass I use in day 115). The 4th was a streamer/VO artist, called who did an amazing job of playing the game, and who'll hopefully one day do the VO's for Emily, Chloe and Bella).

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Emily & Chloe Themes... dude... :sneaky:

tenor.gif

That hammered dulcimer... :love: pulls on the ol' immersion receptors.

You put a lot of good music in there... Edinburgh Theme gets a lil bit overplayed, at least the beginning part... :unsure: but even the coffee shop song grew on me... :whistle: :coffee: More importantly, it fits, like it's supposed to.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes