Belfaborac

Jul 7, 2019
I had a 5TB Seagate external HDD that went tits up... I was nonplussed with the loss... twas my own fault, not backing up shit that I cared about onto BDs or something, but alas... :cautious:

Are you the disk died and not the controller in the enclosure, as that's vastly more common? I've had four external drives "die", only to find that the drives were fine and it was the controller that died.

On the subject of data hoarding, I passed 170TB a while back.....

• Love
Reactions: cbsx

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Are you the disk died and not the controller in the enclosure, as that's vastly more common? I've had four external drives "die", only to find that the drives were fine and it was the controller that died.

On the subject of data hoarding, I passed 170TB a while back.....
You got me beat... o_O I just honestly download everything until I run out of space and then complain about it. :D
It was the controller board, but after looking into it, Seagate had tied the firmware to the internal assembly on that series of drives so you couldn't just swap the controller boards to recover the disk.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I hope to be done with the story in another 4 weeks. After that I need to go back and add in a bunch of replayable events. This will be a theme for the rest of book 2, as I work to flesh out Camelot and Elsewhere in the same way I did with Edinburgh. Since Camelot will be his main base for most of Book 2, he needs books to take out from the library, a place to spend time with the Chosen, the chance to meet up with Dylan or Anthon, some replayable scenes with Emily, etc. All that comes in after Act VII's main story is complete.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Ahh yes, fellow patron of the arts... I have been trying to decide between a 2TB SSD of some sort or 8-10GB HDD... decisions decisions... tis a hard life... data hording... :whistle::coffee:

I had a 5TB Seagate external HDD that went tits up... I was nonplussed with the loss... twas my own fault, not backing up shit that I cared about onto BDs or something, but alas... :cautious:
Luckily got mine for free, dad was giving me some tv shows and files were too big so he bought me the SSD.

uberbomb

Feb 26, 2018
Love this game but it seems that half of the dialogue is skipped for me on MacOS when I talk with a character but shows up in the log, starting from the very beginning conversation with the mother. Is there a fix for this? I've been looking but haven't been able to find one

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cbsx

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Love this game but it seems that half of the dialogue is skipped for me on MacOS when I talk with a character but shows up in the log, starting from the very beginning conversation with the mother. Is there a fix for this? I've been looking but haven't been able to find one
That's a really weird bug; first time I've heard of anything like that.

Can you get me the log file, let's see if there's something in there?

OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Just zip up that whole folder and PM me.

Edit: Out of curiosity, if you use the keyboard (space/enter/1 to advance, or 1-5 to select a multi-choice), does it still have the problem?

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

uberbomb

Feb 26, 2018
That's a really weird bug; first time I've heard of anything like that.

Can you get me the log file, let's see if there's something in there?

OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Just zip up that whole folder and PM me.

Edit: Out of curiosity, if you use the keyboard (space/enter/1 to advance, or 1-5 to select a multi-choice), does it still have the problem?
It doesn't skip if I use the numbers or spacebar! Just when I click answers with my mouse. For some reason I couldn't get the log file, sorry about that. Can't wait to fully dive in your game now!

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
It doesn't skip if I use the numbers or spacebar! Just when I click answers with my mouse. For some reason I couldn't get the log file, sorry about that. Can't wait to fully dive in your game now!
Curious - If you go here: do you get the same behavior? It's a web based demo and just goes through the first month or so I think, but would be interesting to see if the behavior is consistent for you.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Strange... so it sounds like it does two clicks each time you click on something. Weird as all...

I'll do some searching; I haven't heard of anything like that before.

Reactions: uberbomb

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
Sounds like your mouse clicker is starting to go out. Do you another newer mouse to test it with. I was getting the skipping when I used the spacebar until I replaced my keyboard with the spare I had on hand.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes