JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
I have a great time playing this game, already in day 71, not a fan of unity at all but this game is something else. Worth your money and time.
Is there any plan for the next book?

The first act (Act VII) of Book II is still in development.

A lot of Book 2 is essentially new game, so there's understandably a big time sink up front development wise building those parts out.

You can probably expect Book II build(s) on F95 once the teething pains slow down. Right now there's still broken and unfinished bits. Still fun and playable, but not for the faint hearted.

Anyway, if you start getting some trembles once you finish Book 1 and you need an LoM fix, you don't have to wait. To play the alpha (it is still called beta but this is arguably a lie) if you have purchased the game on Steam (or itch.io or are a Patreon supporter, DroidProductions has been happy to provide supporters with Steam keys so they can play with the 'beta' if they so desire, just poke him in Discord), details in the link.

The beta (Alpha!) currently runs maybe 2/3-3/4 through the act.

I would personally recommend replaying Book I at least once more before moving into Book II, the game actually works well for a replay as you can try other options, explore sidequests you missed, build your character differently, and a lot of the dialog reads differently on a second playthrough, you kinda smack yourself seeing foreshadowing and stuff DroidProductions does that you miss the first time. If you are on Steam you can also work on achievements and join the elite few that have them all.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I have a question. Why make the opponent hand always visible in combat?

And here is my reflexion on the said question. Lore wise it does not make sens, the Main character is suposed to be Magic blind so one would suppose that he couldn't see the value of his opponent's card. Then there is the gameplay, you want to ease your players into the game with out providing them with to much information. Once they are more familiar with the combat mechanic then you reveal those cards with Ex's help or prehaps the passive of a follower. This also would have helped the players who are less accustomed to card games see the power in knowing that information. Another advantage is that it prevent players like me that see the power of it but are bad at poker to pass to much time overanalysing the cards for little or no advantage. Plus I know it was later implemented but it would have been an occasion to show of the gorgous card backs that where provided. I say that I am bad at poker but I mainly play cribadge with my girlfriend so I am looking for the rong thing when I look at the cards you know like the magic number 15.

There you have it a simple question that probably has a simple answer fueled by to much reflexion.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have a question. Why make the opponent hand always visible in combat?
Knowing what cards your opponent has guides your strategies at harder levels. Actively sabotaging him using Akane, or discarding to prevent him from putting down that joker you know he's got and completing a corner, etc.

Violation2020

Jul 24, 2020
Just finished this took me 3-4 days, was looking for book 2/3 only to realize they aren't out yet. getting ready to buy this on steam now. and start from scratch again. just curious will our saves be transferable, as in we can load up and go straight into book 2 with our save as is?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just finished this took me 3-4 days, was looking for book 2/3 only to realize they aren't out yet. getting ready to buy this on steam now. and start from scratch again. just curious will our saves be transferable, as in we can load up and go straight into book 2 with our save as is?
Yes, saves are transferrable.Act VII (first act of Book 2) is on the Beta branch of Book 1 now; I'm hoping to complete the main timeline this weekend, then go back and finish 1-2 side events and fix bugs before the next public release.

You may want to delete your system.sav file, since that holds all the achievements that have been triggered locally (otherwise they won't retrigger on Steam). Just beware that will wipe your memory setup as well.

Violation2020

Jul 24, 2020
Yes, saves are transferrable.Act VII (first act of Book 2) is on the Beta branch of Book 1 now; I'm hoping to complete the main timeline this weekend, then go back and finish 1-2 side events and fix bugs before the next public release.

You may want to delete your system.sav file, since that holds all the achievements that have been triggered locally (otherwise they won't retrigger on Steam). Just beware that will wipe your memory setup as well.
Awesome, I will check out the Beta System on Steam, I already started a new play through via steam version. I'll go and delete everything for my play through from the file system from here. So many things going through my mind at the moment from my first play through. I will post questions here, don't want to spoil anything via asking questions on steam.

1. After finding out he could make chosen's without the sex route. almost at the end of book 1, seems like he would go ahead and make Dylan a chosen via that method to help make him stronger.

2. I am wondering if he will get a better relationship going with Kitsune, to be able to make her a chosen as well, also wondering why he doesn't do the chosen path with Katie and Emily or are those options coming in book 2+

I will think of some other questions later on.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Awesome, I will check out the Beta System on Steam, I already started a new play through via steam version. I'll go and delete everything for my play through from the file system from here. So many things going through my mind at the moment from my first play through. I will post questions here, don't want to spoil anything via asking questions on steam.

1. After finding out he could make chosen's without the sex route. almost at the end of book 1, seems like he would go ahead and make Dylan a chosen via that method to help make him stronger.

2. I am wondering if he will get a better relationship going with Kitsune, to be able to make her a chosen as well, also wondering why he doesn't do the chosen path with Katie and Emily or are those options coming in book 2+

You can't make someone with their own spark a chosen iirc (Dylan, Katie, Emily) (notably seers either don't have a spark or their spark is dim enough to not get in the way I can't remember which) idk whether Kitsune is considered to have a spark or whether she's more like Bella.

Plus (also iirc), the MC only works out that he doesn't have to use anal to make chosen (given that his parentage and his general domain as a demigod lean heavily towards sexuality, it's fair to assume that sex is a requirement regardless)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Dylan has a spark (he's a healer); the Spark occupies the same part of your soul as the link. No making Dylan (or Emily or Katie) Chosen. Kistune's a demon fox; I don't know if those are human enough that you could make them Chosen.

For Book 2 there's only one save from Book 1 it cares about, act6.sav. So as long as you keep that somewhere the rest are ignored for book 2.

Violation2020

Jul 24, 2020
Yeah, him being blind to sparks / being able to see / sense power is a major setback for him. making sense why he would want someone like Bella around or close / bodyguard style most or all the time. I must have missed the part about not being able to Chosen someone who is or has a spark though thanks.

Edit: Also Props for the great work so far and love the idea a Dev is this active on forums / steam as well. Definitely looking forward to future work / releases.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, him being blind to sparks / being able to see / sense power is a major setback for him. making sense why he would want someone like Bella around or close / bodyguard style most or all the time. I must have missed the part about not being able to Chosen someone who is or has a spark though thanks.
It's also a point that Kitsune has her own growth to power; if you check out the color of her tails in Act VI you'll see things changed after Midburgh.

Violation2020

Jul 24, 2020
Will do that on my second play through,I ended on day 105, but starting new/fresh on steam. Gonna do a hard play this time around, also how to increase the amount of time you can stay in elsewhere runs?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Will do that on my second play through,I ended on day 105, but starting new/fresh on steam. Gonna do a hard play this time around, also how to increase the amount of time you can stay in elsewhere runs?
Time in elsewhere's guided by a few things; 1 is your power levels (which go up from story-events), the other is bringing Bella along, as she gives you a +5 boost once a run at the campsites.

Violation2020

Jul 24, 2020
o.0 I just realized a possible bug or something you might be interested in. This play through I was paying attention to the gems, this go around. 1 pair to a Royal Flush is same as 1-10, the true diamond from Chloe and the true fire from the Quartermaster, say 9 on the gem but fall into the royal flush's spots / rows. Shouldn't the true gem be a level 10 gem for the level 10 row if so then there are no level 9's the ui just looked of wierd is all maybe that way by default?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
o.0 I just realized a possible bug or something you might be interested in. This play through I was paying attention to the gems, this go around. 1 pair to a Royal Flush is same as 1-10, the true diamond from Chloe and the true fire from the Quartermaster, say 9 on the gem but fall into the royal flush's spots / rows. Shouldn't the true gem be a level 10 gem for the level 10 row if so then there are no level 9's the ui just looked of wierd is all maybe that way by default?
It's because I forgot about the 5 of a kind when I set up the system :) So there's two slots for tier 9 (true flawless).

Violation2020

Jul 24, 2020
Coolness, Just finished second play saved at end of day 115. Downloading the beat via steam now, pumped to see what is there also if and when you start book 2 I am definitely buying it on steam. oh and this play through i got a lot of the content from Kath, Giggles I am so Stealing her lol got no choice now after Katie's brother tried to talk me out of stealing her away lolz She's too hot to not try lolz or I hope I can lolz why settle for 2 redheads when it can be 3 lolz

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Coolness, Just finished second play saved at end of day 115. Downloading the beat via steam now, pumped to see what is there also if and when you start book 2 I am definitely buying it on steam. oh and this play through i got a lot of the content from Kath, Giggles I am so Stealing her lol got no choice now after Katie's brother tried to talk me out of stealing her away lolz She's too hot to not try lolz or I hope I can lolz why settle for 2 redheads when it can be 3 lolz
Give me 5 mins... the latest beta broke the 'start from existing save'. I'm building and refreshing the beta now :)

With 0.0.32b, this will be the last build before I complete the main story of Act VII, and the build counter ticks over to 0.1.0.

Edit: Okay, steam's updated :) You're safe to continue.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes