mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Hi
Is there any important choice in dialogues that can change the story or loos some scenes?
I don't really recall if you can lose scenes or not via dialogue. I know my first play through I missed some character upgrades. I highly recommend using the walk through if you want to get the most from the game. It is well worth it.

Reactions: OoKamio

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Hi
Is there any important choice in dialogues that can change the story or loos some scenes?
You cannot change the main story.

You can fail to open some unconnected side plots and the scenes they provide. Work the bar, unlock its upgrade, and work the night shift. Look for a black rose and find out how to utilize it. Take Katie up on her gym challenge. Play poker with the redheads. Talk to people, both in the normal world and Elsewhere.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi
No; I didn't want a game that could only be played with a walkthrough. The core story remains the same, though there's a good amount of side-stories to discover.

I also wrote it so that a second play-through will feel very different; Love of Magic plays out in a world full of prophecy, seers and sorcerery, and several of the characters know a lot more about what the future hold than they're telling MC. So things that sound innocent the first time through will read very different knowing what you know at the end of book 1 (and different again, once Books 2 & 3 are done). There's also tons of easter-eggs to discover.

But the central story doesn't change; there is no game where you could chose to reject your chosen, or ignore Emily... in this I'm basically leaning a lot closer to Persona 4 and 5, which was one of they key inspirations to the game.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
No; I didn't want a game that could only be played with a walkthrough. The core story remains the same, though there's a good amount of side-stories to discover.

I also wrote it so that a second play-through will feel very different; Love of Magic plays out in a world full of prophecy, seers and sorcerery, and several of the characters know a lot more about what the future hold than they're telling MC. So things that sound innocent the first time through will read very different knowing what you know at the end of book 1 (and different again, once Books 2 & 3 are done). There's also tons of easter-eggs to discover.

But the central story doesn't change; there is no game where you could chose to reject your chosen, or ignore Emily... in this I'm basically leaning a lot closer to Persona 4 and 5, which was one of they key inspirations to the game.
That's nice to know. I've had a hankering to play the game in my excitement for the next part, but knowing the choices are largely for flavour means I'm pretty satisfied with my original run.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's nice to know. I've had a hankering to play the game in my excitement for the next part, but knowing the choices are largely for flavour means I'm pretty satisfied with my original run.
The choices along the main timeline are mostly for flavor. I don't know how you did on the side-quests (things like Trouble with Tentacles, Snowdrop's Quest, Black Rose, Kama Sutra, etc). The writing is a bit more than flavor; if you do re-read you'll find a bunch of the conversations read totally different (starting with his promise to mom not to waste his time drinking, gambling or chasing girls)

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
The choices along the main timeline are mostly for flavor. I don't know how you did on the side-quests (things like Trouble with Tentacles, Snowdrop's Quest, Black Rose, Kama Sutra, etc). The writing is a bit more than flavor; if you do re-read you'll find a bunch of the conversations read totally different (starting with his promise to mom not to waste his time drinking, gambling or chasing girls)
"welcome to crazy cat lady" when mom is telling about Chloe is a couple of lines earlier than that

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
by the way when are we choosing that lynx minx sexy piece of ass? can we still use the anal is necessary for the procedure?
This remains unclear - Droid has made "Three is enough" noises regarding chosen, but paradoxically also hinted at more. This seems to vary with the amount of whisky available, although the significance of this is not known.

There have been indicators pointing towards Kath (sexxxy were-lynx) but also towards to-be-introduced characters.

The enlightened members of the Cult of Kath remain unable to provide definitive confirmation or denial at this time but have installed hidden and pillow speakers at strategic locations in the Droid-lair looping 'Kath for Chosen!' just below the threshold of conscious hearing, in hopes of guiding his hand on this weighty issue. We will keep you abreast of developments.

Last edited:

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Yes, the chosen guild, could make sense as thing go ? Then, 4 chosen so far with somewhat clear non redundant types.
So it could go good, even if, a sub manager, like is wife but since busy as Queen, The Seer ?

Not an open topic but TBS.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Can't the music videos be used as part of an or multiples events, like karaoke Dragon Tavern or else.
Music events, wonder how much to date the Elsewhere residents are ?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Just as a technical question on choice. Being the game is in Unity, is the Unity 2d animation engine worse than Spine?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes