Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Fuckk.... I downloaded both book 1 and 2, but they were 32 bit. Getting error before game starts. You should place the 64 bit download first since only cavemen use 32 bit these days.
There are some cavemen around :) I did only win64, and had people begging for a Win32 version :(

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If we continued playing even after thor climax event & then force stareted day 133 using debug menu and saved it, is it possible to use that save file for the next update ??
If you load the Act VII save that's auto-generated, Emily will return you to Camelot and tell you that you can keep going.

Reactions: Mr.Hobbs
Nov 18, 2018
Just as a note for when (if) you get around to doing another tweak of book 1 ...

I replayed the whole thing again (prior to starting book 2) and found 2 small things:

The first is that (even though I was looking for him) I didn't run into Matthew on the paths until after meeting him in the alley and the Crowley. Which, of course, causes a slight continuity glitch.

The second is I ignored the black rose quest this time but one night I stopped by the coffee shop and got the completion scene anyway. Unfortunately, I didn't marked down what day it was, but it was towards the end while waiting to go back to Camelot and supposedly "tidying up" anything I need to do in Edinburgh.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The first is that (even though I was looking for him) I didn't run into Matthew on the paths until after meeting him in the alley and the Crowley. Which, of course, causes a slight continuity glitch.
Matthew, you'd need to bump your sword skill above 10 and bring Emily to a shrine in Elsewhere to trigger. He has two different dialogs, one if you've met him in Elsewhere, another if you haven't. But it's of course a shame if you've missed out.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I noticed a couple of bugs:
1) When you go through the Prime Gate to the arms factory, the location at the top of the screen says Pendragon inc. which is neither the default name (Pendragon Enterprises) or whatever you name it as.

2) Somehow even if I didn't add Fia to my Elsewhere party, I still got a dialogue option for her.

And a general question, is there a point to investing in more than 10 points sword?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I noticed a couple of bugs:
1) When you go through the Prime Gate to the arms factory, the location at the top of the screen says Pendragon inc. which is neither the default name (Pendragon Enterprises) or whatever you name it as.

2) Somehow even if I didn't add Fia to my Elsewhere party, I still got a dialogue option for her.

And a general question, is there a point to investing in more than 10 points sword?
Yes, definitely. Sword skill recharge and absolute damage are both driven by sword skill.

In addition to that, there was an Act VI sequence (training sword with Emily) that required Sword skill 15 to win.

Pendragon Inc is still work in progress; originally it was a much larger facility, but a lot of the functionality I had planned there got moved to the Kingdom Events, so it's a bit placeholder atm.

Mar 22, 2020
Apologies if asked before, but does the Steam version have different content to the one you can dl from here, or is it just another way to support the dev?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Apologies if asked before, but does the Steam version have different content to the one you can dl from here, or is it just another way to support the dev?
Differences:
- Has achievements
- Steam Cloud saves
- Auto-updates with beta builds.
- removes patreon links (considered 3rd party storefront by steam)
- removes game of friends (considered ingame advertising by steam)

And yeah, it's a way to support the dev ;) I know some people really dislike Patreon, so... it's an option if you prefer it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I redownload book 1 in my android but when loading on the loading screen it closes any solution.
Sounds like it's running out of memory. Try giving the phone a reboot first; beyond that I'm not quite sure. When was the last time it worked for you, and what hardware are you on?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I redownload book 1 in my android but when loading on the loading screen it closes any solution.
I did a new build for android, looking to fix some common issues + reduce memory footprint. Check it out, see if it helps:
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I love this game. Playing on Android. One issue is that its hard as hell to get out of the Elsewhere screen. It move around a lot and thus moves the target your finger is trying to click on.
Thanks for the feedback; let me see if I can further increase the size of the 'enter door' icon. I sadly don't test enough on Android; I should do it more.

Midnightgamer

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the feedback; let me see if I can further increase the size of the 'enter door' icon. I sadly don't test enough on Android; I should do it more.
Never mind. I see your version 1.8 fixed it before I had even written my reply and I had failed to download the newest upload or check the changelog before saying anything. Please just consider my last post to have been an "up way too early" crap post and ignore. Thanks for the great game.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Never mind. I see your version 1.8 fixed it before I had even written my reply and I had failed to download the newest upload or check the changelog before saying anything. Please just consider my last post to have been an "up way too early" crap post and ignore. Thanks for the great game.
No worries; if nobody tells me they're having problems, I'd never know to fix them:)

I'm used to working with 'real' (paid) QA teams in my day-job, and yet I think Love of Magic's Steam launch was the smoothest games I've launched in my career. It's all because users like you tell me things that bug me, and let me know if I nailed it when I provide a fix.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Updated 1.0.15 builds for the rest of the platforms; give them a kick before I promote it to the main line if you want:

Win32: - -
Win64: - -
OSX: - -
Linux: - - -

Last edited:

Incognito93

Aug 8, 2017
New Player. Just downloaded Book 1 and ran the exe for win64 and the game opens with white backgrounds and the tutorial poker game had only Ace of Spades cards and didn't show the actual card values. Anyone know a fix or which version I should download to play the game without any issues? 1617909687109.png

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes