desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
So it's been quite a while, and I'm now playing the content after Emily's rescue. I need a quick reminder on some of the lore though. Could anyone tell me the basics of Thor's lineage, Katie and her family, Aser, Clan, and who Val was and how we met her? I just had the first convo in the pub with her and I seem to have forgotten too much hehe.

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
So, full disclosure, I skipped over this game a few times before. Chloe's design caught me, but it always looked to me like a strip poker minigame thing. Don't ask me why, the page has definitely changed since I last glanced.

I played through the whole of book one ignoring my sleep schedule over the last few days, and... damn. Clearly I got a super wrong impression.

I enjoyed it thoroughly. The P5 inspiration is pretty clear, but not a straight rip and I can appreciate some of the deviations. Didn't expect the plot to end up how it did but its not done awkwardly. It flows well, the characters are pretty well defined. I'll stop here and drop an actual review in the review section. Bottom line is I enjoyed it a lot.

Things that don't really affect a review, however:
I really wish we got more of Chloe, which I say with some hesitation. I think her aloofness and not being a part of the "main harem" per se might be part of her appeal. She's so interesting. Haven't touched book two but I hope she remains a mainstay. Her and Bella are by far my favourites. I also wish coffee shop (Jenny?) had more scenes. I might have missed something, however, didn't get her card back.

Unfortunately... Emily doesn't do it for me. I appreciate the way the game handles a romance/harem, and I think the romance is cute (if a little hammy). Sadly, though, she's just middle of the pack at best.

And I'm not sure if I didn't grind hard enough but my stats were like ~40 each but by the end of the game I felt like I was hardly making a dent anymore. I only ended up finishing because story missions you can't lose (thankfully)

Anyway, it's on my watch list now. Digging it.

Reactions: duningtwo

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
she has a whole sidequest you may have missed, it begins with a certain book from the book store.
Yup, I got that. I only got two unique scenes from it. I gave her like 5 flowers but it just repeated itself; maybe I didn't cross a number threshold or missed another trigger.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yup, I got that. I only got two unique scenes from it. I gave her like 5 flowers but it just repeated itself; maybe I didn't cross a number threshold or missed another trigger.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I really wish we got more of Chloe, which I say with some hesitation. I think her aloofness and not being a part of the "main harem" per se might be part of her appeal. She's so interesting. Haven't touched book two but I hope she remains a mainstay. Her and Bella are by far my favourites.
She'll be around, definitely (you can see her in my avatar). She provides the anchor to Edinburgh as the rest of them move onwards, and has a number of key moments in Book 2 (and 3).

And I'm not sure if I didn't grind hard enough but my stats were like ~40 each but by the end of the game I felt like I was hardly making a dent anymore. I only ended up finishing because story missions you can't lose (thankfully)
Yeah, some people really dig the poker, and some don't. That's why I made the core story-line impossible to lose, and provided an ingame cheat system (Ctrl+J), so you can edit your stats. Just try to keep them from being TOO insane; bump them all up to 100 or something... if you put them at 10,000 you're likely to one-shot enemies that have a story to tell, and likely break the game in the process.

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
Yeah, some people really dig the poker, and some don't. That's why I made the core story-line impossible to lose, and provided an ingame cheat system (Ctrl+J), so you can edit your stats
I had no idea about this, thanks for letting me know. I had done plenty of trips to Elsewhere and studied my stats up, but still felt like I fell short in the endgame.

For what its worth, I actually love the poker system. I think I might be really bad at it, but as far as a try for a unique mechanics its one of the more interesting ones. I never tried to actively avoid it, which is saying something.

Reactions: Droid Productions

ELTACO

Jun 26, 2018
Hi thanks for the replies, I opened up Nvidia control panel and check let application control 3d and it went from 90+% to an average of 16-20% instantly.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For what its worth, I actually love the poker system. I think I might be really bad at it, but as far as a try for a unique mechanics its one of the more interesting ones. I never tried to actively avoid it, which is saying something.
The other thing that might go wrong if you're not dealing damage is that your gem layout isn't good.

There's a bunch of different metas for setting up your gems-sets; I'm personally partial to Rage/Cluster or Rage/Cluster/Lightning, but Lightning/Poison, Pyromancer, or Poison Shield are also good combinations.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I had no idea about this, thanks for letting me know. I had done plenty of trips to Elsewhere and studied my stats up, but still felt like I fell short in the endgame.

I don't want to try to predict where the mistake might be. However, I was wondering if you rescheduled gems every time your power goes up.

Any difference between cluster & pure damage gems ??
Pure damage do one big dmg and clusters do three smaller dmg. Main difference is connected with rage gems, which add damage to all your attacks.

If you have rage 50, then pure damage attack 150 would do 200 damage and 3x40 cluster attack would do 270 damage. Clusters do normally less damage (3x40 vs 150) but with rage they are powerful.

sonofadude

Jan 2, 2021
Pure damage do one big dmg and clusters do three smaller dmg. Main difference is connected with rage gems, which add damage to all your attacks.

If you have rage 50, then pure damage attack 150 would do 200 damage and 3x40 cluster attack would do 270 damage. Clusters do normally less damage (3x40 vs 150) but with rage they are powerful.
A set of damage gems, previously used but in good condition. Open to offers.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I am behind on the updates, so forgive me if I am talking out of my ass in regards to future developments, but I think it would be cool to hook up Dylan with Kitsune. Having him heal her after the Sarah fight and bonding a little bit... you know?

Kitsune hates our guts and is in a lower standing as a servant of our chosen, so she isn't a natural fit for the harem anyways. Dylan is a bro. Give him a nice foxy girlfriend.

Reactions: Warscared

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
i got a fire set an ice set and a lightning set of gems! its not like i can use the money differently anyway! but if we get a chance to save up the gems and turn them into realm points that could be cool!

I am behind on the updates, so forgive me if I am talking out of my ass in regards to future developments, but I think it would be cool to hook up Dylan with Kitsune. Having him heal her after the Sarah fight and bonding a little bit... you know?

Kitsune hates our guts and is in a lower standing as a servant of our chosen, so she isn't a natural fit for the harem anyways. Dylan is a bro. Give him a nice foxy girlfriend.
dudes got a fair point!

Anyway kitsune is bonded by honor to our seer so if we want her we just have to ask our seer for her and she will oblige us! the dishonor would be greater to break her oath then to surrender her body!

but with that being said chosen do not stray! Nimue will not stray from daddy`s path the same for Val with freya so if they offer themselves to us we should remember they are just pawns in other gods movements!

accepting Val means we are puppets of the Aesir unless we ask her as a "gift" of goodwill!

Nimue however i can see her turning to us once daddy eventually goes out!

which brings us to Chloe a chosen of the goddess of fertility ... what are the chances that the goddess of fertility is the concept of heaven and all the voices that sorcerers ear are just the "the good, the beautiful and the wise" that that goddess gathered in her slice of reality?

Since nobody killed the goddess of fertility that means the link as been weakened not broken! if the goddess is just in another plain of existence that could explain her weakened link!

but brings into existence a problem with the sorcerers, are they all chosen of the goddess of fertility? If so how can Molly serve 2 gods? perhaps there is an exception since the gods she serves are on different plains of existence!

Also the link between the goddess and her chosen are enacted differently not by delivering power but knowledge that her assembled horde ditches out in accordance to the "needs of the world" and not the benefit of those "chosen"!

Also daddy is a god of death and rebirth while the goddess is a goddess of life.. what if she is also dual in nature and the outsiders are just her minions trying to bring balance into the world? Thor surely thinks like that...

Also mommy ... a blessed by the voices? what chances are there that she is part of the old goddess?

she as the power to move an old god like daddy... so perhaps the goddess of fertility as kept part of her in this plain of existence and some who are blessed by the voices are just parts of her personality so her and not totally her at the same time?

i mean surely a goddess of fertility must have a motherly side and the MC own mother could be the personification/avatar of such a divinity!

do remember that the mantle of god of war is shared among st many gods so why wouldn`t a goddess of fertility "mantle" be spread out among st many picked avatars that would be named "blessed by the voices"!

Since we are talking a complex personality perhaps the outsiders and our own mother are just parts of the original goddess own personality!

anyway this shit i am smoking is ending and i wanna enjoy the buzz a little more and not think about such concepts!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Adry Lemon

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The other thing that might go wrong if you're not dealing damage is that your gem layout isn't good.

There's a bunch of different metas for setting up your gems-sets; I'm personally partial to Rage/Cluster or Rage/Cluster/Lightning, but Lightning/Poison, Pyromancer, or Poison Shield are also good combinations.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Dylan's getting a girlfriend soon. And, as benefits wingman #1 (#2, if you count Katie), she'll be sweet and nice and clearly labelled as "not MC's love interest" from day one :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
My mc want her too!! Otherwise it will be a bummer.
MC needs to take care of his own extended harem before he does anything else :) And brothers don't poach their brother's girls. So Keith's GF and Matthew's GF are both off-limits. MC will have plenty of girls on his side; he can afford to let his friends be happy as well.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
i got a fire set an ice set and a lightning set of gems! its not like i can use the money differently anyway! but if we get a chance to save up the gems and turn them into realm points that could be cool!

dudes got a fair point!

Anyway kitsune is bonded by honor to our seer so if we want her we just have to ask our seer for her and she will oblige us! the dishonor would be greater to break her oath then to surrender her body!

but with that being said chosen do not stray! Nimue will not stray from daddy`s path the same for Val with freya so if they offer themselves to us we should remember they are just pawns in other gods movements!

accepting Val means we are puppets of the Aesir unless we ask her as a "gift" of goodwill!

Nimue however i can see her turning to us once daddy eventually goes out!

which brings us to Chloe a chosen of the goddess of fertility ... what are the chances that the goddess of fertility is the concept of heaven and all the voices that sorcerers ear are just the "the good, the beautiful and the wise" that that goddess gathered in her slice of reality?

Since nobody killed the goddess of fertility that means the link as been weakened not broken! if the goddess is just in another plain of existence that could explain her weakened link!

but brings into existence a problem with the sorcerers, are they all chosen of the goddess of fertility? If so how can Molly serve 2 gods? perhaps there is an exception since the gods she serves are on different plains of existence!

Also the link between the goddess and her chosen are enacted differently not by delivering power but knowledge that her assembled horde ditches out in accordance to the "needs of the world" and not the benefit of those "chosen"!

Also daddy is a god of death and rebirth while the goddess is a goddess of life.. what if she is also dual in nature and the outsiders are just her minions trying to bring balance into the world? Thor surely thinks like that...

Also mommy ... a blessed by the voices? what chances are there that she is part of the old goddess?

she as the power to move an old god like daddy... so perhaps the goddess of fertility as kept part of her in this plain of existence and some who are blessed by the voices are just parts of her personality so her and not totally her at the same time?

i mean surely a goddess of fertility must have a motherly side and the MC own mother could be the personification/avatar of such a divinity!

do remember that the mantle of god of war is shared among st many gods so why wouldn`t a goddess of fertility "mantle" be spread out among st many picked avatars that would be named "blessed by the voices"!

Since we are talking a complex personality perhaps the outsiders and our own mother are just parts of the original goddess own personality!

anyway this shit i am smoking is ending and i wanna enjoy the buzz a little more and not think about such concepts!
Well I will not go into your points about the goddess, since I think her possible return or being reborn through the maiden, mother and the not so old looking lady may well be a main (sub) plot of the game and story I suspect. Molly would not be the maiden though I will assume :) and though I suspect she has some bond with the goddess she was never her chosen nor is any other sorceress alive with possible exception of Chloe.

Chloe though is not your average sorceress, she is one of the last or even last remaining of the original chosen of that goddess and she did lose that bond mainly or completely but does hear the voices. There is a bond there with the mantle of the goddess for sure. We do know that others hearing the voices are descendants of her old chosen. Now whether the old goddess passed on completely or something else, we do know part of her power and mantle remained through the voices. My suspicion is that one of the goals of the voices is to bring into being someone who will take up that mantle, just not sure if that will be the old goddess or something newly created like MC was by Merlin to lead the war and possibly take over the mantle of his father in a renewed world. Remember the Aesir are calling it Ragnarok and the meaning of Ragnarok is more as just the war that will kill of the old gods mainly, just as MC is not only called the winter king but also the child of winter, which is most likely spring in the cycle of life that this game hints a few times at and the myths this game is based on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared
Mar 27, 2019
As long as I can finally get some Katie and Kath action...all good.

And if yer gonna do anymore world/story expansions, could we set something up so after knocking Torman on his ass we can T-bag him? I mean since we can't kill him....just sayin... :ROFLMAO:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi, are there anyone who knows how to unlock these 2 card backs?
The minotaur one is supposed to kick off after you save Katie from the icebox, then let her torch the minotaur. I've heard people struggle to get that one, I'll likely make it easier and push it out.

The other Katie one is from beating her (fully) at Strip MMA.

4.60 star(s) 257 Votes