HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Chloe though is not your average sorceress, she is one of the last or even last remaining of the original chosen of that goddess and she did lose that bond mainly or completely but does hear the voices.
IIRC Chloe was the youngest/last/weakest of the chosen which was why the disappearance of the goddess affected her the least. Thus she's the only one who's managed to stick around of the bunch of them.

Dylan's getting a girlfriend soon. And, as benefits wingman #1 (#2, if you count Katie), she'll be sweet and nice and clearly labelled as "not MC's love interest" from day one :)
Good to hear always feels a bit weird in a harem game if the male friend doesn't get anyone. Still the cynic in me can already hear the complains despite being sure you'll handle this as best as can be.

accepting Val means we are puppets of the Aesir unless we ask her as a "gift" of goodwill!
Depends what you mean by "accepting Val". It's been established that not every god initiates their chosen via intercourse. So depending on the relationship Val has with Freya and which way she swings some no strings attached fun on the side wouldn't be impossible. But then the MC isn't exactly looking for some fun on the side. He already has a harem isn't looking to cheat on them, and especially Emily.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
IIRC Chloe was the youngest/last/weakest of the chosen which was why the disappearance of the goddess affected her the least. Thus she's the only one who's managed to stick around of the bunch of them.

Good to hear always feels a bit weird in a harem game if the male friend doesn't get anyone. Still the cynic in me can already hear the complains despite being sure you'll handle this as best as can be.

Depends what you mean by "accepting Val". It's been established that not every god initiates their chosen via intercourse. So depending on the relationship Val has with Freya and which way she swings some no strings attached fun on the side wouldn't be impossible. But then the MC isn't exactly looking for some fun on the side. He already has a harem isn't looking to cheat on them, and especially Emily.
One might even suspect she was fated to have to stick around and had little choice. :p As interesting as that idea could be though is the fact she does hear the voices while not being a descendant of the Chosen and what that might imply about the nature of the voices and how long it took after the disappearance of the goddess before the voices appeared. Is it possible that the voices are the remainder of the souls or consciousness of all those chosen that died after the goddess disappeared and took up part of her mantle after they died or is it a remnant of the goddess or her mantle (if that can have a consciousness of its own) or a bit of both?

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, the whole "Chosen by oopise poopsie" appears to be something MC's dad came up with on his own. Most chosen aren't sexually tied to their god, they're tied by blood. In Val's case, she's part of the sisterhood of Valkyries, and Freya doesn't swing that way. Val going out and having fun at night doesn't rate as straying because Freya has no interest in what she gets up to in bed. Of course, the flipside is that there's no way she'd turn around and betray Freya, no matter how much fun she had in bed.

Reactions: Adry Lemon

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
The minotaur one is supposed to kick off after you save Katie from the icebox, then let her torch the minotaur. I've heard people struggle to get that one, I'll likely make it easier and push it out.

The other Katie one is from beating her (fully) at Strip MMA.
Thank you. The second one is bugged I think, I have done that at the day 30-40.

I have two more questions/problems about 2nd book, If you dont mind;

1 - In 2nd book, despite the "Black Rose" quest completed, Jenny didnt open cafe or use "My Lord" at night. But she is using it at evening.

2 - I couldnt trigger snowflake event after day 130. I tried to trigger it at Chloes bar, is it not implemented or trigger from somewhere else?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thank you. The second one is bugged I think, I have done that at the day 30-40.

I have two more questions/problems about 2nd book, If you dont mind;

1 - In 2nd book, despite the "Black Rose" quest completed, Jenny didnt open cafe or use "My Lord" at night. But she is using it at evening.

2 - I couldnt trigger snowflake event after day 130. I tried to trigger it at Chloes bar, is it not implemented or trigger from somewhere else?
Book 1 and Book 2 use different dialog scripts, by and large. Most book1 side-quests can't trigger in Book 2, so if you didn't trigger then in Book 1 you're SOL.

Snowdrop's Book 2 questlines all happen in the Camelot bathroom (it's not as if Merlin's wards would stop her, any more than Chloe's did... Snowdrop's ditzy but remarkably good at breaking and entry).

Jenny needs to get some attention; I removed the old broken scripts, but I need to rewrite some Book 2 content for her.

Reactions: Lord Verminaard

Lord_Momentum

Sep 16, 2018
Hey, I don't know if it's adressed in the dialog because I admit that i sometimes skipped: Is there a specific reason why the women don't get pregnant? I mean the main one does get pregnant but the other ones don't seem to think about it at all.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Ummm, I think I screwed up Katie's powerups. I rarely take her to elsewhere, so I had her at base power+pure fire gem during her day 105 powerup. I got her Dylan power up, and shes doing 40 dmg now.. Emily is in camelot with Bella, so I cant get her that power up. But am I screwed if I didn't get these power ups before day 105?

Another question, when exactly does book 1 end? Will the game tell me to go over to book 2?

Also, some of the conditions for the card backs seem to be for past events that I can't go back to. They are still locked though. New game is needed to unlock these?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ummm, I think I screwed up Katie's powerups. I rarely take her to elsewhere, so I had her at base power+pure fire gem during her day 105 powerup. I got her Dylan power up, and shes doing 40 dmg now.. Emily is in camelot with Bella, so I cant get her that power up. But am I screwed if I didn't get these power ups before day 105?

Another question, when exactly does book 1 end? Will the game tell me to go over to book 2?

Also, some of the conditions for the card backs seem to be for past events that I can't go back to. They are still locked though. New game is needed to unlock these?
I give you some time with all the girls at the end of Act VI (you're almost there; Book 1 ends on day 115; there's a end of game animation, then it generates a save that can be loaded into Book 2). Katie's upgrades involve bringing Katie, Emily and Dylan to Elsewhere, and talking to Katie.

You can force unlock all the card backs from the Debug UI (Ctrl+J).

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hablat said:
This looks like its a one-person project.
Code, art, animation, writing and design is me. The Discord gang has been helping with QA and spell-checking. It's been a trip for sure; I hadn't used DAZ3D before starting the project, and hadn't used AfterEffects until the end of Act I (then went back and added animations to Act I later).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
[B said:
supermanz95[/B]]An extremely slow game, that absolutely tortures you with really slow verbose dialogue, and just incredibly exhausting amounts of lore and exposition codex dumps at every single click. Took me about two hours to get as far as the second day of College and I just couldn't take it any more.
You're still in the tutorial funnel (day 2/115, and the game only opens up the sandbox element on day 3). Having said that, not every game is for everyone.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I give you some time with all the girls at the end of Act VI (you're almost there; Book 1 ends on day 115; there's a end of game animation, then it generates a save that can be loaded into Book 2). Katie's upgrades involve bringing Katie, Emily and Dylan to Elsewhere, and talking to Katie.

You can force unlock all the card backs from the Debug UI (Ctrl+J).
Does the order of the upgrades matter? Like if I get the day 105 upgrade first, and then do the elsewhere upgrades after that, will she end up at the same peak power level?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
One last question, could I still get the elsewhere power ups in book 2?

And I'm not sure if this is only happening to me, but the video sometimes doesn't load. I just got to the end of book 1 and it ended way to anticlimactically, so I thought something was wrong. After reloading a save just prior to the end, it played the fireworks and ending video. I noticed this for pretty much all the other videos, sometimes they don't play the first time until I reload a save or something. Not exactly sure whats causing it.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
One last question, could I still get the elsewhere power ups in book 2?

And I'm not sure if this is only happening to me, but the video sometimes doesn't load. I just got to the end of book 1 and it ended way to anticlimactically, so I thought something was wrong. After reloading a save just prior to the end, it played the fireworks and ending video. I noticed this for pretty much all the other videos, sometimes they don't play the first time until I reload a save or something. Not exactly sure whats causing it.
Huh... that's weird. What platform are you on? If you see a missed video again, could you stop immediately and send me the player.log file? It'll be in the savegame folder:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

I just heard another player mention that 2 days ago, but prior to that I haven't heard anything about it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Huh... that's weird. What platform are you on? If you see a missed video again, could you stop immediately and send me the player.log file? It'll be in the savegame folder:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

I just heard another player mention that 2 days ago, but prior to that I haven't heard anything about it.
windows 10. I'll see if I can catch it again. Truthfully, maybe I missed some videos without even realizing it. If I think back on it, I think I only saw most of these videos incidentally when I loaded a prior save to do something differently.

The behavior is a bit funny. Like if I pass a spot where a video would play, and then reload a save that is within that same scene but prior to the video, it goes straight into the video. After that, if I reload again or start from the beginning of the scene, everything will play out normally. I'm not 100% sure if this is exactly how things are happening, but I did notice some issues with the videos going back to the dragon fight.

Bob Smith4444

Mar 19, 2019
Ok, I must be a moron and am missing something obvious...Snowdrop's quest In Alis vicimus! states to take Katie and hunt demons in "the deep". Dafuq izzat? Right after I got the quest I saw a Demon base in the far north of the map. Went there, killed two demons and went home but the quest didn't clear. What am I missing?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ok, I must be a moron and am missing something obvious...Snowdrop's quest In Alis vicimus! states to take Katie and hunt demons in "the deep". Dafuq izzat? Right after I got the quest I saw a Demon base in the far north of the map. Went there, killed two demons and went home but the quest didn't clear. What am I missing?
She'll return later, freshly promoted by the head of the scouting corps (herself), and with a new and more difficult target. It'll be a recurring thing in Book 2, Snowdrop showing up every week or two with a new target.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Droid Productions , I have a bug to report. Loading a game in the middle of a dialog causes overlap. Background changes to loaded games background or fight and dialog of previous game. (for book 2)

I encountered that bug while destroying demon fort a choice comes if we kill a demon lord by ourselves or leave it the Katie. I wondered if some dialog change occurs etc, so first chosed the leave demon katie. Progressed dialog until Brooker come than reloded game to that choice and chosed the fight with demon. Here a weird thing happened and both of them overlapped. Demon fight and dialog opened at the same time.

After that I restarted game and tried to load 1-2 different save point. Generally occurs save point have dialog while contuning game dont have it or vice versa. Save points from exploring elsewhere and "Continue from book 1" triggers that bug.

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 257 Votes