Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions , I have a bug to report. Loading a game in the middle of a dialog causes overlap. Background changes to loaded games background or fight and dialog of previous game. (for book 2)

I encountered that bug while destroying demon fort a choice comes if we kill a demon lord by ourselves or leave it the Katie. I wondered if some dialog change occurs etc, so first chosed the leave demon katie. Progressed dialog until Brooker come than reloded game to that choice and chosed the fight with demon. Here a weird thing happened and both of them overlapped. Demon fight and dialog opened at the same time.

After that I restarted game and tried to load 1-2 different save point. Generally occurs save point have dialog while contuning game dont have it or vice versa. Save points from exploring elsewhere and "Continue from book 1" triggers that bug.
So the repro case.
1. Save a game while exploring Elsewhere or the start of Book 2
2. Play the game, get to mid-dialog
3. Load the savegame from Elsewhere / Start of Book 2?

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
So the repro case.

Yeah, I dont know what triggers it or how rare it occurs but generally happens at that order. Next time I encounter it, I can save a screenshot.

PE; I forget to tell, I am using win 8.1

Reactions: Droid Productions

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
Droid Productions , I have a bug to report. Loading a game in the middle of a dialog causes overlap. Background changes to loaded games background or fight and dialog of previous game. (for book 2)

I encountered that bug while destroying demon fort a choice comes if we kill a demon lord by ourselves or leave it the Katie. I wondered if some dialog change occurs etc, so first chosed the leave demon katie. Progressed dialog until Brooker come than reloded game to that choice and chosed the fight with demon. Here a weird thing happened and both of them overlapped. Demon fight and dialog opened at the same time.

After that I restarted game and tried to load 1-2 different save point. Generally occurs save point have dialog while contuning game dont have it or vice versa. Save points from exploring elsewhere and "Continue from book 1" triggers that bug.
So the repro case.

https://f95zone.to/threads/love-of-...droid-productions.41188/page-230#post-5461804
this again?

Reactions: Droid Productions

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Diana is a dead end after she tells you to come back in 2 days for new books? I can't select her after the first convo in book 2.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Updated Android build for testing:
- - -

Reactions: Ray Price

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
When can we use Katie again in Book2? What about "the talk" with her? How to start it? I bought the liquor from Chloe, but not sure how to start the event with Katie.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When can we use Katie again in Book2? What about "the talk" with her? How to start it? I bought the liquor from Chloe, but not sure how to start the event with Katie.
She should be free after the day 124 attack; if she's not that's a bug and I need to solve it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
She should be free after the day 124 attack; if she's not that's a bug and I need to solve it.
I figured. How would I report the bug? She's been greyed out even after the day 124 battle. What about talking about her feelings and stuff? How do we start that? Talking to her in Lancester just gives a repeateable +1 CHA.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I figured. How would I report the bug? She's been greyed out even after the day 124 battle. What about talking about her feelings and stuff? How do we start that? Talking to her in Lancester just gives a repeateable +1 CHA.
Starts in Act VIII :) Next chapter is Katie heavy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hopefully bug fixes to the visuals; in an over-eager attempt to reduce build-sizes I ended up making the animating characters use RGB instead of RGBA textures, causing the black outlines. This fixes that, and resizes some videos and generally works to try to drop memory and disc space usage.

Android user here. Features of this version ??

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Starts in Act VIII :) Next chapter is Katie heavy.
Cool cool. Can you check my save when you get around to it? Day 128 and Katy still greyed out in Elsewhere. Maybe send me a fixed file if you could in the process... would appreciate it.

I'm not sure if this is a related issue, but you can select the same person multiple times in the select screen. You don't actually get clone allies in combat, but maybe you shouldn't be able to select them more than once in the first place heh.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Cool cool. Can you check my save when you get around to it? Day 128 and Katy still greyed out in Elsewhere. Maybe send me a fixed file if you could in the process... would appreciate it.

I'm not sure if this is a related issue, but you can select the same person multiple times in the select screen. You don't actually get clone allies in combat, but maybe you shouldn't be able to select them more than once in the first place heh.
Open the debug menu (Ctrl+J).
Look for the flag NO_KATIE
1620825002211.png

Make sure that's unchecked.

Most of the characters are enabled by default (and then disabled for story reasons). Some are hidden until they're actively enabled, like Matthew, Fia and Kath. Those use the ENABLE_<NAME> flag to enable them. So ENABLE_KATH to add her to the rooster.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Sweetmate

Mar 20, 2019
Hopefully bug fixes to the visuals; in an over-eager attempt to reduce build-sizes I ended up making the animating characters use RGB instead of RGBA textures, causing the black outlines. This fixes that, and resizes some videos and generally works to try to drop memory and disc space usage.
Thanks for the quick fix mate, appreciate it

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes