Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There will be more Tier9 gems (and nothing higher). Toxic shock is the first of the meta tier gems, but there'll be others. The idea is that Merlin left behind the blueprints for gems he was making; Albert will help you construct them. They do things like flip your shields to rage, double your poison damage, turn any ice damage on an enemy into fire damage, etc.

Apart from that, you should be getting the next tier 9 gem early in Act VIII.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I liked the poker game but now I can't wait to see those Ideas implemented. I have the feeling that I will love it more complexity, more things to explore.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Huh... that's weird. What platform are you on? If you see a missed video again, could you stop immediately and send me the player.log file? It'll be in the savegame folder:
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

I just heard another player mention that 2 days ago, but prior to that I haven't heard anything about it.
Just happened. Met Thor at the meeting. The first video played where you lock eyes with him. Then it just went to the next dialogue. It felt off, so I clicked the back button to restart that scene. It then played the video where you fight him normally after the dialogues and locking eyes with him.

This is right after that. I didn't close the game though. Is the player log updated or do I have to close the game first?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It caches to disk every couple of minutes (and when you leave the app); this one is from when you entered from the map. Could you get me the next one?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks, that includes the sequence. It also includes no debug spam telling me what's going on :)

So it's back to the drawing board, and googling to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

Thanks for the log file!

Reactions: desmosome

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
So in you book are you open to the theory of the multiverse. Like in a world where the main met katie first instead of emily but still up with chosen and leading the clan, instead of the court. Maybe the gates could be enchanted for reality hoping. And maybe within some of the realities there is a mad max outfits theme post apocalypse due to the war with the outsider. Also sweet battle cycle that use the poker system (like some sort of yugioh 5ds duel runner system akiza hands downs the best female character with awesome powers).

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
So I realized that I missed like all the side quests. I only met snowdrop right before the end of the act. I don't know what favor you are supposed to do for the dragon, or any other side quests people are talking about.

How does playing the post game work? If I continue on from the end of act save, does that stuff carry over into the next act? Does the days revert back to the canon date when starting the next act? Won't you get overpowered if you grind stats in a limbo like this?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I realized that I missed like all the side quests. I only met snowdrop right before the end of the act. I don't know what favor you are supposed to do for the dragon, or any other side quests people are talking about.

How does playing the post game work? If I continue on from the end of act save, does that stuff carry over into the next act? Does the days revert back to the canon date when starting the next act? Won't you get overpowered if you grind stats in a limbo like this?
When act VIII comes out, when you load it'll check the save, see if you have both finished Act VII *and* are beyond day 134. If so it'll rewind you to day 134 evening, at the right location; you keep any side quests, resources and grind you've accumulated.

It lets you grind up stronger, but honestly there's such a huge range between the poker players and the story purists that for the main questline there's not going to be much difference... I have to let people who don't play poker and are at STR/INT/CHR ~20 with no gems still progress. The solution will be something similar to what I do with Katie on Day 124, where you can ask someone else to take the main-line fights if you suck at poker.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Btw, is there a keyboard shortcut to call X? I'm loving the numbers shortcut and spacebar being auto.

Scratch that. I just figured it out. Number 4 is X lol.

Reactions: Droid Productions

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Minor bug reports. Merlin's book. Repeatable RP gathering option does not advance time. The gold option does.

Another anomaly is the kingdom events can be done at late night and does not advance time. Not sure if this one is intended.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Minor bug reports. Merlin's book. Repeatable RP gathering option does not advance time. The gold option does.

Another anomaly is the kingdom events can be done at late night and does not advance time. Not sure if this one is intended.
RP gathering is fixed internally. KE late night is not; I'll add it to the list.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just one more example of the video not loading thing. Happened with the dragon hatching. Didn't work first 2 times. Third time after pressing back button, it played the video.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
There will be more Tier9 gems (and nothing higher). Toxic shock is the first of the meta tier gems, but there'll be others. The idea is that Merlin left behind the blueprints for gems he was making; Albert will help you construct them. They do things like flip your shields to rage, double your poison damage, turn any ice damage on an enemy into fire damage, etc.

Apart from that, you should be getting the next tier 9 gem early in Act VIII.
That would complicate things a little but it sounds really good. Will there be dublicates of these gems? I still feel like fillling every slot with lvl 9 dmg gems. :ROFLMAO:

KE late night is not; I'll add it to the list.
Well, I have no objection for this if it remains unfixed :ROFLMAO: While so much things happening, KEs advance times feel like a time waste. I know it isnt but a couple of words Anton or Emily without ay stat raise feels like that.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
So in you book are you open to the theory of the multiverse. Like in a world where the main met katie first instead of emily but still up with chosen and leading the clan, instead of the court. Maybe the gates could be enchanted for reality hoping. And maybe within some of the realities there is a mad max outfits theme post apocalypse due to the war with the outsider. Also sweet battle cycle that use the poker system (like some sort of yugioh 5ds duel runner system akiza hands downs the best female character with awesome powers).
a world where Eleanor is never born? you are a monster!

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes