jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Loving the game, lots of fun, great characters and a fun story. I'll leave a review when i'm a bit further through the game
One thing i was wondering though, can side quests and such still be completed after book 1 "ends" or do you have to get them in in a certain amount of time?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Loving the game, lots of fun, great characters and a fun story. I'll leave a review when i'm a bit further through the game
One thing i was wondering though, can side quests and such still be completed after book 1 "ends" or do you have to get them in in a certain amount of time?
All the sidequests are playable across all of Book 1. There are some that temporarily get disabled (when Emily's busy elsewhere, or Katie's in the drunk-tank, for example), but none of them time out until day 115. Beyond, if you cheat a little and jump to start of day 116.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Paragon and Renegade paths through the Grand Council

The world is watching, Aesir. Together we will do deeds that will echo into eternity. A hundred new Sagas written to the glory of the gods, their skill in battle and their bravery. Fight alongside us, and a thousand years later they will still tell the stories of our stand.
together.png

Cattle die, kinsmen die. You yourself will also die. I know that which never dies: the judgement of every death. It is time to face our fate; and ensure there are people left to remember the judgement over our deaths.
together_or_else.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What, are we channeling Mass Effect here?? :unsure::LOL:
Well, they're obviously not called that ingame :) But yeah, like with the beginning of act VI, there's a little "chose your style of playing" sequence at the end of day 134. Both of them lead to the same end of the story, but they let the player pick a different styles and emphasis.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
so i can not betray everyone Allie myself with the enemy and then back stab the king or queen of my foes and take over as the new ruler of hell? that kind of sucks!
Wrong MC. I won't say that it wouldn't be fun writing that guy (speaking as someone who fucked absolutely everyone on the BG2 Underdark quest), but MC's largely neutral/chaotic good. He will certainly ignore the law if he feels it is wrong, but he's largely good... players get to chose how much Chaos he puts out in the process, though.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
My guess is with the war the law is going to get a little pliable... but MC believes in the spirit of the law if not so much the letter of it.

His bigger problem will probably be keeping himself from shaping/breaking the world, like he nearly did when trying to get back to Molly and Akane with Bella...

Pesky god powers... :D

Reactions: Real Kreten

Renart

Sep 12, 2020
Well, they're obviously not called that ingame :) But yeah, like with the beginning of act VI, there's a little "chose your style of playing" sequence at the end of day 134. Both of them lead to the same end of the story, but they let the player pick a different styles and emphasis.
I played the hell out of the first book and was absorbed by the story, been feeling like it's gonna end soon, that was a few days ago and it seems I still haven't finished it yet. Now I hear you have 6 acts ready for the second book? Damn, you sure are a dream come true, dev, how do you even manage to create so much content? :LOL:

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Current work is to finish filling out Act VII... a lot of systems and features were added to the framework of the game during Act VII development.

I mean Droid has plans for 3 Books... but it's not all 'ready' yet. ;)

Reactions: JMINATL and Renart

LymeTime

Oct 17, 2020
Great game! Just started book 2 and I'm wondering if there's any elsewhere places that are good for farming? Taken a quick look around, the spider area seems to cap out at the spider queens I think, pretty low exp. Is there an area with lots of hellions or similar/better? I've gotten into the habit of doing elsewhere every morning in book 1, but it looks like I'll struggle to even get 1 level per day with what I've found so far which probably means that it's better to read books or train in that time I think?

Reactions: Real Kreten

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Great game! Just started book 2 and I'm wondering if there's any elsewhere places that are good for farming? Taken a quick look around, the spider area seems to cap out at the spider queens I think, pretty low exp. Is there an area with lots of hellions or similar/better? I've gotten into the habit of doing elsewhere every morning in book 1, but it looks like I'll struggle to even get 1 level per day with what I've found so far which probably means that it's better to read books or train in that time I think?
Good farming locations are heavily dependent on your stats, your gem builds, and your choice of companions. At some point, I don't remember exactly when, you'll open up Daemon Haunts which has lots of hellions. If you can handle them that's the place that gives the most experience. If you can take Akane you can "graze" for the hellions. My current companions are Matthew, Akane, and Fia. I use either a lightening - damage stack, or a rage - cluster stack.

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes