Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Good farming locations are heavily dependent on your stats, your gem builds, and your choice of companions. At some point, I don't remember exactly when, you'll open up Daemon Haunts which has lots of hellions. If you can handle them that's the place that gives the most experience. If you can take Akane you can "graze" for the hellions. My current companions are Matthew, Akane, and Fia. I use either a lightening - damage stack, or a rage - cluster stack.
After unlocking Excaliburs barrier, with enough charisma you can win all the battles, regardless of these. In my save I have 70 char and I can cast barrier every turn. :ROFLMAO: My winter king is practically invincible

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
After unlocking Excaliburs barrier, with enough charisma you can win all the battles, regardless of these. In my save I have 70 char and I can cast barrier every turn. :ROFLMAO: My winter king is practically invincible
Yeah. That's true. I generally only use the barrier if I've blown the end of board and am facing a highly enraged opponent. Guess I never considered that strategy. Strange how playing style can blind someone to a different approach.

That said with first strike in the game you have to have enough hit points to take the initial shot and on rare occasions I've been hit for north of 900 damage on that initial hit.

Reactions: Droid Productions

LymeTime

Oct 17, 2020
Good farming locations are heavily dependent on your stats, your gem builds, and your choice of companions. At some point, I don't remember exactly when, you'll open up Daemon Haunts which has lots of hellions. If you can handle them that's the place that gives the most experience. If you can take Akane you can "graze" for the hellions. My current companions are Matthew, Akane, and Fia. I use either a lightening - damage stack, or a rage - cluster stack.
I have all the gems I could get from book 1. My usual group is Bella (for more opponents), Molly (for infinite damage) and then probably emily or dylan for some sustain (plus damage if it's emily) though the only one that really matters is Molly really. Don't have anything from book 2 yet. Not had any problems with anything so far. My normal setups are lightning/rage/cluster, fire/rage and rage/cluster though lightning/poison is fun if molly lets you pop off.

I guess I should spend the first week or so just finding stuff and triggering events etc. Maybe leave elsewhere for after that and hope the demon stuff opens.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Yeah. That's true. I generally only use the barrier if I've blown the end of board and am facing a highly enraged opponent. Guess I never considered that strategy. Strange how playing style can blind someone to a different approach.

That said with first strike in the game you have to have enough hit points to take the initial shot and on rare occasions I've been hit for north of 900 damage on that initial hit.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LymeTime

Oct 17, 2020
I tend to find that hellions and arachnids die in the first board, without using dragonslayer or excalibur slash. Mostly because Molly is hillariously overpowered. Just got the +1 power from the start of book 2, so I guess it'll get even easier.

Did check out the old path, seem to be more hellions spawning than before and new cambion spawns too! Faced first Q enemy, a cambion, but it was awful exp. Hellions are still so much better than anything else for exp, think the cambion was under 10k exp, while a J hellion is over 45k. Guess I'll stick to old path until the hellion event opens up.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah it was my first encounter with a Cambion Warlock before we knew about first strike. He must have pulled a straight flush or a royal flush because he really hit me. I was running my lightening - damage stack so he was immune to my low cards. I grabbed a shield from Fia and then, despite the fact that my lightening was useless, between X and her doubling my damage in subsequent turns I ground him down. But I was without a healer and that was my first combat so I was way down on hit points for the remainder of that excursion.

When next I go to elsewhere I'll experiment with a greater use of barrier.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I tend to find that hellions and arachnids die in the first board, without using dragonslayer or excalibur slash. Mostly because Molly is hillariously overpowered. Just got the +1 power from the start of book 2, so I guess it'll get even easier.

Did check out the old path, seem to be more hellions spawning than before and new cambion spawns too! Faced first Q enemy, a cambion, but it was awful exp. Hellions are still so much better than anything else for exp, think the cambion was under 10k exp, while a J hellion is over 45k. Guess I'll stick to old path until the hellion event opens up.
I dont know about helion spawn rate in old path, I am generally hunting in the deamon hunt. I dont know, helions seems like some sort of deamons so I am using there :ROFLMAO:

How can you manage to kill them in first board? I have encountered with Helion captain, +9 dmg gem in "four of a kind" and strike with 3 consequent four of a kind attack, yet it didnt die without dragonslayer and X slash It gave me nearly 25K exp in the end (thanks to int) but I couldnt kill it in the first board? I am using pure dmg gems by the way

Yeah it was my first encounter with a Cambion Warlock before we knew about first strike. He must have pulled a straight flush or a royal flush because he really hit me. I was running my lightening - damage stack so he was immune to my low cards. I grabbed a shield from Fia and then, despite the fact that my lightening was useless, between X and her doubling my damage in subsequent turns I ground him down. But I was without a healer and that was my first combat so I was way down on hit points for the remainder of that excursion.

When next I go to elsewhere I'll experiment with a greater use of barrier.
That seems unlucky, a royal flush in the first strike :( Well, I feel like I am cheating but before going to hunt save and in situations like that just backtrack :ROFLMAO: If I remeber correctly you can use save function after turning some cards too. And treasure and resting events take autosaves so if you die after them, you can use an immediate load

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Droid Productions what if... we could save up our hero and export it into a secondary mini game and go on PvP against other players?

like by the end of book2 save up your hero from a specific save and then we could have tournaments while we wait for the new game?

keep everything except companions and let it rip against the weaklings of the community!

somehow i can see this happening and eventually forming team Em vs team Kathie!
You insult my waifu? i challenge you to a duel you craven bugger!

this is what my head looks like when i wake up with a hang over...

Reactions: duningtwo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not the first time someone wanted a pure poker combat game :) Others have requested a pure combat game for mobile (without the smut, so apple and google would accept it), etc.

I don't even have as much time for the actual game as I wish, never mind making another side-project :)

wx448

Donor
Sep 23, 2018
The game description calls it a virtual novel but there is no [VN] prefix. Is it a virtual novel?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Droid Productions what if... we could save up our hero and export it into a secondary mini game and go on PvP against other players?

like by the end of book2 save up your hero from a specific save and then we could have tournaments while we wait for the new game?

keep everything except companions and let it rip against the weaklings of the community!

somehow i can see this happening and eventually forming team Em vs team Kathie!
You insult my waifu? i challenge you to a duel you craven bugger!

this is what my head looks like when i wake up with a hang over...
Any realistic PvP system would require a revamp of the combat system. Assuming comparable stats the player who moves first will win at least 90% of the time, given the appropriate build. So you have to change the combat system and then provide a mechanism for players gain various immunities probably as a passive, and a host of other changes.

Far better for Droid to focus on the current game.

LymeTime

Oct 17, 2020
I dont know about helion spawn rate in old path, I am generally hunting in the deamon hunt. I dont know, helions seems like some sort of deamons so I am using there :ROFLMAO:

How can you manage to kill them in first board? I have encountered with Helion captain, +9 dmg gem in "four of a kind" and strike with 3 consequent four of a kind attack, yet it didnt die without dragonslayer and X slash It gave me nearly 25K exp in the end (thanks to int) but I couldnt kill it in the first board? I am using pure dmg gems by the way
Yeah, I got to the demon area and it's much better! For kill on first board I use molly at the start and try to set up rage 7-9 on first turn, then try for rage again on the next couple turns. It's good to be setting up jokers on the edges of the board for later. Then 2-3 turns before the end (maybe 4 if you're lucky) I go for a lightning stack that'll last until the end. Even if you only get the last 2 turns that's a lot of activations, even if you don't trigger clusters (which is hard, since my clusters are on pair/two of a kind, and usually i'm hitting 2-3 jokers per row, so I mostly do just hit rage) just pure rage spam will do it.

My stats are very high though, I did book 1 three times before going to book 2 and each run got a lot better than the previous. Think I was level 100 at start of book 2, 120 str 115 int.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, I got to the demon area and it's much better! For kill on first board I use molly at the start and try to set up rage 7-9 on first turn, then try for rage again on the next couple turns. It's good to be setting up jokers on the edges of the board for later. Then 2-3 turns before the end (maybe 4 if you're lucky) I go for a lightning stack that'll last until the end. Even if you only get the last 2 turns that's a lot of activations, even if you don't trigger clusters just pure rage spam will do it.

My stats are very high though, I did book 1 three times before going to book 2 and each run got a lot better than the previous. Think I was level 100 at start of book 2, 120 str 115 int.
I'm trying to use Snowdrop's quest chain to set up some more challenging battles on the main story-line. Of course, for that I'll need better enemies :)

Reactions: Real Kreten

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Yeah, I got to the demon area and it's much better! For kill on first board I use molly at the start and try to set up rage 7-9 on first turn, then try for rage again on the next couple turns. It's good to be setting up jokers on the edges of the board for later. Then 2-3 turns before the end (maybe 4 if you're lucky) I go for a lightning stack that'll last until the end. Even if you only get the last 2 turns that's a lot of activations, even if you don't trigger clusters (which is hard, since my clusters are on pair/two of a kind, and usually i'm hitting 2-3 jokers per row, so I mostly do just hit rage) just pure rage spam will do it.

Well, thats really good way, I dont have any lightning gems so If I must give three or five strikes, I just discard the hand. I think I am guy with simplest strategy, just hide behind X's barrier and strike until they down from pure dmg. :ROFLMAO:

Thats very high indeed =S I cant remember my level but as I say, I had 70-75 each stat at the start of book 2

I'm trying to use Snowdrop's quest chain to set up some more challenging battles on the main story-line. Of course, for that I'll need better enemies :)
I know its hard to make suitable enemies but can I make request? Please dont make a dmg sponge enemy like that dragon with 100K health and shield :ROFLMAO: I know it was meant to be unbeatable at that level but I felt the fear of death when I first saw that dragon :ROFLMAO:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I know its hard to make suitable enemies but can I make request? Please dont make a dmg sponge enemy like that dragon with 100K health and shield :ROFLMAO: I know it was meant to be unbeatable at that level but I felt the fear of death when I first saw that dragon :ROFLMAO:
That <i>was</i> kind of the point :)

I won't ever spring an enemy that's a pure damage sponge, those are boring.

LymeTime

Oct 17, 2020
Sounds good! I was thinking it might be fun to have fights with multiple opponents, with different abilities and healthbars, maybe have one that periodically skips their turn to remove all debuffs or heal. You can set up the party to have such insane sustain, but at the moment (up to where I've gotten anyway) more damage is just always better. Maybe there's UI problems with targeting if there's multiple opponents though, I have no idea, but it seems a neat concept. A hellion captain+healer would be a scary fight. Would also make lightning less free towards the end of a board if both needed to be hit sperately, though having 2 actions against you for every 1 action does sound pretty brutal.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMINATL

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
So I finished the second book (up to its current content) about two weeks ago, probably right after I left my review. And I have to say the ending has stuck in my mind. I am unreasonably excited to see the power-up my favourite character just got.

Didn't expect that at all and I'm incredibly excited to see how it pans out... After the fallout that'll come first, of course. It was pretty hype.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
The game description calls it a virtual novel but there is no [VN] prefix. Is it a virtual novel?
Yes, but not exclusively.

It rides a sweet spot encompassing aspects of Adult Fantasy Visual Novel, kingdom management, character building dungeon crawler, quest based fantasy game, sandboxed time management, and strategy turn based combat.

These are all done in a relatively casual fashion and suffused with multiple layers of internal and external reference, callouts, and layers of humor. Like a good book(or game) it is also extremely high on replayability/rereadability.

The author is working from a planned arc, so he (but none of us) knows where things are going. This adds consistency (includes lots of foreshadowing) and progression rather than a treadmill feel. As the days pass the world changes and the story is told.

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
what pantheons of gods are still alive? Are we going to see the Greek and Roman pantheons appear? Maybe Old Testament God? Asian/African pantheons?

also, isn't Molly's family in Cali or something? shouldn't she be worried about them being to close to enemy?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes