BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
WOW. Great game, Droid! Not too many rivals, storywise.

Wish I could replace Dylan with a healing thot to serve his function, and wish MC wasn't the oldest looking 21 year old ever, but these are such minor issues with an otherwise ludicrously enjoyable game.

We know Droid never worked for Blizzard, because if he had then the Winter King poker meta would be pure Ice-X, even for Ice-immune mobs.

Reactions: Droid Productions

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
I noticed that not all of the text shows up on the screen and the only way I can see everything is by looking at the convo history. Is this a known bug or am I maybe doing something wrong?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I noticed that not all of the text shows up on the screen and the only way I can see everything is by looking at the convo history. Is this a known bug or am I maybe doing something wrong?
That's a really weird one. Could you pass me the log file? Player.log and player-prev.log
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Also, from settings could you try changing Scroll Text, see if that makes a change?
1622192008075.png

Halflyfe

Dec 21, 2020
Just finished act 7.. at the end it said I could reload the end act save file... if I were to spend a couple weeks on the paths would the day progression effect the story?

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Just finished act 7.. at the end it said I could reload the end act save file... if I were to spend a couple weeks on the paths would the day progression effect the story?
The story follows a calendar so it would effect if there would be an option to do so. But as far as I know you cant progress further than intended last day for that update anyway. For example for the last act, you cant progress further than Fae-Valhalla-Camelot meeting, after the meeting game force you to return to main menu.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you load the end of act save, Emily will tell you that she'll call you back when Act VIII starts. If you then load a game with Act VIII content (like the latest beta builds on Steam), it'll rewind you to the right day/time/location, and continue).

Since the central progression is by calendar, and there's no central calendar events past day 134 in the last public build I can safely just reset those two variables (time/place), and leave your quests/cash/XP unchanged (so you keep anything you gained from playing beyond the end of the act). It does give a bit of a boost to players who play beyond, but the main story can be played by someone that doesn't do ANY playing on the paths, and the various paths will auto-scale to deal with higher level players by having more fun enemies. Which reminds me, there needs to be a new batch of high tier enemies.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
If you load the end of act save, Emily will tell you that she'll call you back when Act VIII starts. If you then load a game with Act VIII content (like the latest beta builds on Steam), it'll rewind you to the right day/time/location, and continue).

Since the central progression is by calendar, and there's no central calendar events past day 134 in the last public build I can safely just reset those two variables (time/place), and leave your quests/cash/XP unchanged (so you keep anything you gained from playing beyond the end of the act). It does give a bit of a boost to players who play beyond, but the main story can be played by someone that doesn't do ANY playing on the paths, and the various paths will auto-scale to deal with higher level players by having more fun enemies. Which reminds me, there needs to be a new batch of high tier enemies.
Wait, is it possible to play past day 134?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
but of we keep all of our gained stats and revert back in time is not that a kind of bug abuse so to speak?
Not really; it only affects people who run the paths, and you're already going to be OP compared to the people who don't. The paths will auto-scale with better enemies, and the main path will increasingly be solveable without poker game mechanics, to keep the pure story people from getting lost.

Reactions: Warscared

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I dont know if I am retarded or missing something but, how can I past that screen then? :ROFLMAO: Should I use "load from day" or something?
View attachment 1217836
I am not sure, if there isn’t some misunderstanding.
I know, that when Droid finished Act VII, that it was not possible to continue. It is option, which Droid implemented in Book 1 and later reimplemented in Book 2. But there was version, which didn’t have it.

Situation is such, that Droid do micro-updates through steam, which help him upload changes to build faster. From time to time, He do bigger update, which are uploaded on Nopy, Mega, and so on. They are 2 active version at same time and possible misunderstanding, what which version allow therefore.

Droid will clarify thing tomorrow.

Renart

Sep 12, 2020
Not really; it only affects people who run the paths, and you're already going to be OP compared to the people who don't. The paths will auto-scale with better enemies, and the main path will increasingly be solveable without poker game mechanics, to keep the pure story people from getting lost.
Wait so, we're in no danger of failing some status check or falling behind in this game?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I dont know if I am retarded or missing something but, how can I past that screen then? :ROFLMAO: Should I use "load from day" or something?
View attachment 1217836
Go to Main Menu, then Load the "End of Act VII" save

Wait so, we're in no danger of failing some status check or falling behind in this game?
failing stat checks is still possible, you might miss some side content but it won't affect the main story. and losing story fights is impossible since you never drop below 1HP in these fights IIRC

Reactions: Real Kreten

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I am not sure, if there isn’t some misunderstanding.
I know, that when Droid finished Act VII, that it was not possible to continue. It is option, which Droid implemented in Book 1 and later reimplemented in Book 2. But there was version, which didn’t have it.

Situation is such, that Droid do micro-updates through steam, which help him upload changes to build faster. From time to time, He do bigger update, which are uploaded on Nopy, Mega, and so on. They are 2 active version at same time and possible misunderstanding, what which version allow therefore.

Droid will clarify thing tomorrow.
Thank you.

Go to Main Menu, then Load the "End of Act VII" save
I am exactly doing that. "End of Act 7" save starts from day 134 morning, after meeting that screen comes. I checked my version, it seems I didnt miss any update here (0.1.19D)

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Lord Verminaard Ignore my previous post, because this function are implemented in Book 2 v0.1.19D.

End of Act save don’t start on morning of day 134. It should be auto generated after you finish each act:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Do you have this save in your selection and what you get after loading it? I get this Emily message:

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Lord Verminaard Ignore my previous post, because this function are implemented in Book 2 v0.1.19D.

End of Act save don’t start on morning of day 134. It should be auto generated after you finish each act:
Do you have this save in your selection and what you get after loading it? I get this Emily message:
Oh crap. I am sorry for all the trouble I have caused. It seems like I played 3 different playthrough from book 1 and saved each ones last save at day 134 morning, naming each one "Act 7 complete". Naturally I mistaken them for autosaves after time passed :( I feel like an idiot right now. If I could I would facepalm myself :ROFLMAO:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes