desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Open the debug menu (Ctrl+J).
Look for the flag NO_KATIE
View attachment 1191064

Make sure that's unchecked.

Most of the characters are enabled by default (and then disabled for story reasons). Some are hidden until they're actively enabled, like Matthew, Fia and Kath. Those use the ENABLE_<NAME> flag to enable them. So ENABLE_KATH to add her to the rooster.
Are we supposed to have Kath available in battle? Am I supposed to have her in party already? What about Fia? I only had her for the battle on day 124.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Are we supposed to have Kath available in battle? Am I supposed to have her in party already? What about Fia? I only had her for the battle on day 124.
After day 124 you're summoned to Lancaster, where you meet the hyper werewolf, and Katie and Fia. After that she becomes available as a partner in Elsewhere.
Kath, not yet. Act VIII; MC's promised to not steal any more NCOs from Keith. Bella made no such promises.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
After day 124 you're summoned to Lancaster, where you meet the hyper werewolf, and Katie and Fia. After that she becomes available as a partner in Elsewhere.
Kath, not yet. Act VIII; MC's promised to not steal any more NCOs from Keith. Bella made no such promises.
I think my save is bugged then. Never had any event in Lancaster where I meet a werewolf or Fia. I only met Fia during the battle and nothing after that. Maybe this is why Katie is was still greyed out.

More specifically, after the day 124 battle, I go back and talk to Emily. Next morning they talk about gossiping bitches. Then I am free to move. Never summoned to Lancaster. If I go there manually, Katie welcomes me and we go in the house and we have a toast. Can pick between 3 things to toast about. That's it.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think my save is bugged then. Never had any event in Lancaster where I meet a werewolf or Fia. I only met Fia during the battle and nothing after that. Maybe this is why Katie is was still greyed out.

More specifically, after the day 124 battle, I go back and talk to Emily. Next morning they talk about gossiping bitches. Then I am free to move. Never summoned to Lancaster. If I go there manually, Katie welcomes me and we go in the house and we have a toast. Can pick between 3 things to toast about. That's it.
It should happen naturally on day 132; the Clan requests your attendance at Lancaster to talk about the summit.

Reactions: desmosome

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Can somebody tell me if there are more events in this update? I did snowdrop, house for the chosen, got a dragon, cleared the nests with Katie, met with the siren and had one tv event in crowley, became the orc warlord and did kingdom quests

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can somebody tell me if there are more events in this update? I did snowdrop, house for the chosen, got a dragon, cleared the nests with Katie, met with the siren and had one tv event in crowley, became the orc warlord and did kingdom quests
If you go talk to Molly Late Night (after the customers leave), there might be something there.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I just want to say that I really like the combat tweaks since the last time I've played. The power scaling of the enemies and our allies are great. I like that the new demons are requiring different strategies. Powered up Katie and Emily are beastly. 3 allies makes for some interesting combinations. Excalibur is amazing. With such damage potential coming from other places, a shield focused loadout seems like the optimal set up. Lightning immune monsters put a damper on the previously optimal lightning builds. Molly seems to have taken a nerf to her recharge. It is well deserved hehe. She was way too powerful. With the other allies getting noticeable boosts, I think sidelining molly even makes sense, which was unthinkable before. I would love to see the other allies getting their boosts soon. Dylan, could use a boost, although even the current version is quite useful due to first strike enemies which soft counters the shield play style. Bella is too weak currently and is mainly only useful to get +5 turns in elsewhere. The seer revealing the cards prior to turning them over is a nice touch. Not sure when that was added.

I want to once again praise the game for being so well rounded. Genuinely fun gameplay is hard to come by.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Seer was recent; a suggestion from the players that I really liked.

Bella and Katie are both getting boosted in Act VIII, and Dylan actually needs less boosting than most because his strongest ability (regen) scales. He is due some story development soon, though, and with that comes a boost.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Seer was recent; a suggestion from the players that I really liked.

Bella and Katie are both getting boosted in Act VIII, and Dylan actually needs less boosting than most because his strongest ability (regen) scales. He is due some story development soon, though, and with that comes a boost.
Natural power up for Dylan could be a curing ability. Maybe just adding it to his heal. Remove negative effects like burn and such. Bella, I'm not too sure. We already have Emily, Katie, and Foxy for direct damage (although Foxy is quite redundant with her 300 dmg when Emily does 1000). Bella's first 2 bullets do pretty much nothing at this point. Natural progression seems like ditching the guns and using her powered up super strength, but another direct damage ally seems to overlap too much. Maybe some kind of submission/take down ability? A direct stun would be too OP though.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Natural power up for Dylan could be a curing ability. Maybe just adding it to his heal. Remove negative effects like burn and such. Bella, I'm not too sure. We already have Emily, Katie, and Foxy for direct damage (although Foxy is quite redundant with her 300 dmg when Emily does 1000). Bella's first 2 bullets do pretty much nothing at this point. Natural progression seems like ditching the guns and using her powered up super strength, but another direct damage ally seems to overlap too much. Maybe some kind of submission/take down ability? A direct stun would be too OP though.
You've finished day 135, right?

Bella's ditching the crossbow and going full on UCAP.

Reactions: duningtwo

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
You've finished day 135, right?

Bella's ditching the crossbow and going full on UCAP.
I am waiting impatiently to see Bella's new weapon in action. Can I ask something again?

1 - There are four 9 level gems for now as far as I know and one of them for Katie. Will there be any other 9 level gems? Or will there be any way to re-acquire 9 level gems? (filling all avaible slots with 9 lvl damage gems would be awesome)

2 - Will there be any higher level gems than lvl 9 in later acts (or maybe in book 3)? Considering a dragon had nearly 100K health without shield and last demon lord had health was around 13K, MC's attack power should scale verry much. Lorewise outsiders would be tougher than dragon, so I fear their health bar will be around million. Technically using X's barrier at every turn, MC could defeat anyone but still, an overpowered character would be good :ROFLMAO: .

Reactions: Droid Productions

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
I am waiting impatiently to see Bella's new weapon in action. Can I ask something again?

1 - There are four 9 level gems for now as far as I know and one of them for Katie. Will there be any other 9 level gems? Or will there be any way to re-acquire 9 level gems? (filling all avaible slots with 9 lvl damage gems would be awesome)

2 - Will there be any higher level gems than lvl 9 in later acts
The other level 9 gems should be showing up lateron, and afaik there won't be anything higher (or well not planned atmo).

Reactions: Lord Verminaard

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

2 - Will there be any higher level gems than lvl 9 in later acts (or maybe in book 3)? Considering a dragon had nearly 100K health without shield and last demon lord had health was around 13K, MC's attack power should scale verry much. Lorewise outsiders would be tougher than dragon, so I fear their health bar will be around million. Technically using X's barrier at every turn, MC could defeat anyone but still, an overpowered character would be good :ROFLMAO: .
Yes to question 1: A level 9 poison gem 'Toxic Shock" is introduced in Book 2

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes