JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
In that battle, I do not recall Valery (or Valkyrie really since we all know what she is) saying anything, least of all that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Someone pointed out this scene is from the in-development content on Steam. That's a good callout and likely why you haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adry Lemon

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
So if we are using Camelot myths is morgana le fay gonna be in there. Also come we add greek myths like the amazon I can imagine katie and the amazons.
Owyn (Arthur) doesn't have a sister (at least one has never been mentioned), so this isn't a perfect match. Sarah is the obvious evil betraying woman figure, but she is his (former) teacher rather than a relative.

You could make a case that THOR (Owyn's Nephew) is Morgana (Thorgana?), or maybe Mordred (Thordred?) as well.

• Angry

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
So if we are using Camelot myths is morgana le fay gonna be in there. Also come we add greek myths like the amazon I can imagine katie and the amazons.
No Greek or Roman Pantheon's except maybe for a cameo. Also there's a lot of Arthurian resources, having Morgan/Morgana isn't a given and like Jiminatl said the MC doesn't have a sister from the same mother, now from his father side though .... you never know.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Droid, Akane and Katsune both say that there are things the MC needs and needs to know. Akane says it after becoming chosen and Katsune brings it up again at the NY eve gathering. Is this still to come content or did it happen off screen? It seems that you have made it pretty important to the future or I am reading too much into it.

I only bring it up because it has been a while since Akane was made chosen. She said she was going to immediately make contact with her family for that and other reasons.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid, Akane and Katsune both say that there are things the MC needs and needs to know. Akane says it after becoming chosen and Katsune brings it up again at the NY eve gathering. Is this still to come content or did it happen off screen? It seems that you have made it pretty important to the future or I am reading too much into it.

I only bring it up because it has been a while since Akane was made chosen. She said she was going to immediately make contact with her family for that and other reasons.
Yes, that's chunk's in the beta right now :) (At least for Akane).

John Pabone

May 9, 2020
Sweet baby Jesus!!! This is probably the best game on the site by far. The artwork, renders, and that beast of a storyline. Holy shit! I'm not a fan of poker (can't play for shit), but the "auto" button saves my ass more times than I can count.

Since the game is on Steam (and on sale), I've also picked myself up a copy.

Outstanding work thus far dev! I could kiss you because this game is so damn great!
(and the back-end optimizations, doesn't battle Chrome over RAM; nice!)

Can't wait to see what Book 2 has in store!

Also; is there plans for a Book 3? Or will the story end at the conclusion of 2?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sweet baby Jesus!!! This is probably the best game on the site by far. The artwork, renders, and that beast of a storyline. Holy shit! I'm not a fan of poker (can't play for shit), but the "auto" button saves my ass more times than I can count.

Can't wait to see what Book 2 has in store!

Also; is there plans for a Book 3? Or will the story end at the conclusion of 2?
Glad you like it! As always, if you don't like it, tell me... if you do like it, tell everyone :)

For anyone that gets it on Steam, btw, leaving a review is hugely useful in letting more people know about the game. It's still a little weird that the free game I put up here 18 months ago without even thinking about a Patreon is now on Steam, but there you go :)

Book 2 is on day 141 now; it'll likely be something around 100 days, and then Book3 is the finale.(The Crown, The War and the Return).

silestiverai

Mar 19, 2020
Can someone please upload a savegame with all Book 1 memories and save before Book 2. I really like the game and played it on my other pc after new year, lost all my saves. Thank you!

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Can someone please upload a savegame with all Book 1 memories and save before Book 2. I really like the game and played it on my other pc after new year, lost all my saves. Thank you!
Just so you know - Book 1 save is not needed to play Book 2. It will give you a few questions and some default stat values and off you go. Not as good as if you min max everything of course, but adequate.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Not as good as if you min max everything of course, but adequate.
Hardly adequate. Even without any attempt to min/max in book 1 the stats you get are far lower than you'd get with the most bland play through of book 1.

Not to be argumentative, but have you actually played book two with the defaults from answering the questions? Dylan doesn't even have regen. I've played the different choices about your character's focus and his choice of gem stacks and all are pretty much crippled. If the player has no desire to adventure in elsewhere, they can get by, but otherwise, at least a cursory play through of book 1 has to be recommended. Plus book 2 doesn't make a whole lot of sense without playing through book 1.

--------------
To be fair, I've shared some of my experiences with Droid, and he has expressed a willingness to adjust the stats and resources a player starts with from a cold opening of book 2. That said, it's a pretty harsh tradeoff to expect him to spend time adjusting the opening book 2 stats, rather than focusing on book 2's development.

It's really easy. Book1 is a GREAT game, immensely rewarding to play. We should be recommending that newcomers play it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I will certainly continue to tweak the book 2 auto-start point, but... if you haven't finished book 1 there's a lot of things that won't make sense :) And I didn't want the auto-start to be better than a normal run, which is probably going to be less optimal than a perfect run.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I will certainly continue to tweak the book 2 auto-start point, but... if you haven't finished book 1 there's a lot of things that won't make sense :) And I didn't want the auto-start to be better than a normal run, which is probably going to be less optimal than a perfect run.
Which is obviously less optimal than a speed run.

arpaschad

Sep 18, 2017
I just came here for a moment to say that this is the best game I've encountered in f95zone so far...I am a sucker for Celtic and other western mythology having cut my teeth on Anime like The Magus Bride and reading more about it online...something about how the game's storytelling just pushes the right buttons for me that I never knew... I'm still in Act 2 but so far I have enjoyed the story to the point that I sometimes stop playing to just prolong the enjoyment...

Big thanks to the developers...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Mostly I already have characters in mind before I start writing the Book. Some characters are based on ideas the Council of Powers had between themselves; examples are Matthew (initially the brief was "What if MC meets a Rogue or a Pirate or something on the paths), Bella's cousin the werewolf engineer (Someone wanted a Mordus Solus style character), and the Little Mermaid.

In all the cases I don't want anything too specific, because the act of weaving something into the world requires the latitude to change it, and hopefully make it something that's as good or better than what they had in their imagination, while also fitting in the world.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
:unsure: Clearly, the world needs a reasonable necromancer. As in, someone saying "you know, I didn't actually sign up for the end of the world."
But I've been wondering about the werewolf engineer. Too much dialogue for a onbe-off.^^

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes