Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I'm on day 229. The RPs come every week. I'd completed all the side quests that gave RPs. My current RP total, after funding all available projects is 2140.

If Droid does allow us to keep the RP's from post act7 play we should all be fine. If not I have no doubt that I'll be able to generate whatever RPs are needed.
I am at day 160ish something. So Emily gave you approximately 1K RP on top mine. For other 900 RP did you grind that in Merlins Tower and Elsewhere? :eek:

Probably Droid will allow it, stats will remain same after all, why not RP too?

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Probably Droid will allow it, stats will remain same after all, why not RP too?
If you exit Act VII+ play and allow it to rewind and start Act VIII, all your gold, rp, gems, stats, book progression, quest progression and experience are retained by design.

This is convenient to bump yourself up to playing Ultra difficulty, catchup any quests you missed, or just buff the fire out of yourself. If you play a good distance into the future, then you get to be a bit OP :cool:

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
How about us "clean" gamers who don't dabble on gambling and alcohol ;), seriously though I haven't played any non-Trading Card Game (I'm in my 20s) card games except solitaire.
There's no gambling in the game.

Do not come for the 'poker' and do not stay away because of the 'poker.'

Poker hands are just a mechanic used in the 'dungeon crawl' combat system of the game.

However if you are seriously averse to games that touch on alcohol, you may hate it anyway. Initially you live over a bar and work in it sometimes interacting with patrons. There's even a quest associated with bringing a (mostly) unrequited lover a bottle of whisky.

This is a story-rich Fantasy Adult Visual Novel that has a linear time progressed story, set on top of a free-roam sandbox with myriad side quests and side events.

LymeTime

Oct 17, 2020
Is there an estimate of when book 2 will be finished? Played through a bit until I hit a "not completed" thing and decided I want to enjoy it in the finished state like book 1. Not asking for a precise date or anything, just a general "a couple months" "next year", so I can come check out the thread.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Droid-
I have two foundational issues with what has been released thus far. Most of it is in book 1, so it's too late to address them now.
1. Companion skill upgrades- Two of the companions can have skill upgrades if you do certain things with certain people in a certain place. This isn't inherently a problem if there is something in game that points you in that direction. I only learned of these skill enhancements by reading the wiki for a different reason.
2. There are instances during dialog that offer multiple options in response. Sometime the choices are continuations of the conversation and other times they are alternate responses that will end that part of the conversation.

Now that we have that out of the way, I would like to offer my sincere appreciation and gratitude for your work. The art is very well done and continues to improve. Your game mechanics continue to evolve in a way that doesn't feel as if it is weighing down the story.

What I am most grateful for is how you handle your characters. You treat your characters with respect. They each have their own personalities and issues. There is no hand waving a characters nature or personality to fit situations that doesn't make sense. The actions they take are expected of the personalities you have given them and those actions ripple accordingly. Many authors and creators are more than happy to write their audience off as too stupid to notice. Others just don't care enough to even think beyond what they are doing at that moment. If takes things where they want it to go so, fuck it. You show respect for the world you have worked so hard to build and the characters in it. I appreciate that as a reader.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
My good man Droid,
I'm busy playing act7+ and at this and as of today am on game day 230. My companions in Elsewhere are Matthew, Akane, and Fia. I only fight Hellborne Captains. So I get 10 shots and I reserve one to pick up a point of strength from Akane the other 9 slots are for killing Hellbornes.

I would happily fight the Camberions if they were worth more. I respectfully ask that you reevaluate how the first strike trait influences experience points.

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
My good man Droid,
I'm busy playing act7+ and at this and as of today am on game day 230. My companions in Elsewhere are Matthew, Akane, and Fia. I only fight Hellborne Captains. So I get 10 shots and I reserve one to pick up a point of strength from Akane the other 9 slots are for killing Hellbornes.

I would happily fight the Camberions if they were worth more. I respectfully ask that you reevaluate how the first strike trait influences experience points.
The Hellion Captains were giving way too much XP in comparison to all other mobs and have been tuned to be more in league to where they should be in some of the beta's. So the Cambions are more interesting now, just not quite in the way you imagined i think ;)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, I'll continue tuning difficulty, XP, adding new enemies etc as I go. Hellions got an XP nerf, I'll see about the Cambions and the Eyeless later.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
You don't want to know how long I spent putting that 4 second clip together :)
View attachment 1243521
I will not even venture a guess. Knowing would probably make my head hurt. It is an example of what I touched on earlier. You take your craft and your characters more seriously than almost anyone. I wish more would follow your example. It's unreasonable to think most Devs could rise to your level of artistry but, it would be nice if they took their stories and characters as seriously as you do.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Droid, now that the clan has sworn alliance to the fellowship (not Camelot), will there be a war banner for the fellowship?

Andrr Dobe

Feb 1, 2018
Hey, droid what comes after the red devil chapter. Cuz if I could make a suggestion could you bring in the characters from the Chinese or Asian mythology like the Monkey king Son Goku, but make him a shorter yet mischief and wise old Yoda-like character maybe even train the main character. If you want him to be carried like luke did for Yoda that all on you and knowing you would make the most us it, but all in all this could be a great side quest for Akane and kitsune sort of like a Big trouble in little china town mission. It would definitely help show support of Asian and Pacific Islanders.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
i loved book 1 so much i want to buy the game on steam to support the game, can i copy over my saves into the steam version ?
Yes. If you are still running on the same machine it will all be automagic, and you can just start up the game and load your current save and carry on :)

If you are going to use a different machine or platform the saves are cross compatible. File locations for different platforms are .

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes