Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I enjoyed writing him, yeah; I'll definitely try to revisit him. He sounds the kind of person MC gets along well with.

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
I replayed the game last week and I remembered something that bothered me a little the first time around.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Booker thing I don't know apart from the fact that "we need him later on in the story"
As to killing the MC, he wanted plausible deniability, so he didn't kill the MC out right, since even Thor is Scared of what your father might do in retaliation.

Renart

Sep 12, 2020
Wait so why can't powers and gods lie? Cause I mean the MC obviously can... although he's clearly pretty bad at it.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Wait so why can't powers and gods lie? Cause I mean the MC obviously can... although he's clearly pretty bad at it.
Can't and don't are not the same thing. Normies don't take it so seriously because their lives are comparatively short to powers. Eventually all lies will come back to haunt you. When you live as long as those with the spark, those ghosts add up.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Supposedly, as some said, it also "weakens them", which I assume either actually has a tangible effect on power projection, somehow, or doesn't apply to most evokers - not that they beat around the bush. After all, Emily is concerned that it won't make things easier when clearly, even a regular sparky will live for centuries.
And I think Chloe at some point mentions that every lie eventually comes back to bite you.

Reactions: Tavi13

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I thought it was deniability.
Thor could have pumped more power into the lightning strike, enough to kill Booker, but the trap was a bit rushed and if he did that it would be obvious to everyone what he did.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Droid Productions

Emily, and others, have tried to drive home the fact that the MC is not just a consort and that symbols matter. Have you given any thought to adding a second throne before or at the wedding ceremony to cement that with the MC and those that may visit the court?

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Droid Productions

Emily, and others, have tried to drive home the fact that the MC is not just a consort and that symbols matter. Have you given any thought to adding a second throne before or at the wedding ceremony to cement that with the MC and those that may visit the court?
He said not happening, no more changes in book 1 unless it's a game breaking bug.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
He said not happening, no more changes in book 1 unless it's a game breaking bug.
I was actually speaking of book 2. The wedding ceremony is supposed to be February 14th. Now that the war has kicked off, Camelot will be playing host to various dignitaries. In the end, it would just be a flavor moment and a change to the throne room background. Not sure Droid would find it worth the extra effort but, it plays into points he has been emphasizing in the story.

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Ah right I was thinking about the coronation day. Still I don't expect it to happen but hey maybe you'll be surprised :p

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Given how much time he spends on little videos (more power to him, no criticism), I assume it wouldn't even register on his work scale.Interesting point. I thought "yeh, not for the mc", but someone would probably bring it up.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Given how much time he spends on little videos (more power to him, no criticism), I assume it wouldn't even register on his work scale.Interesting point. I thought "yeh, not for the mc", but someone would probably bring it up.
This is a work of fiction, so in reality if Droid hasn't written it, it doesn"t exist. He does appear to be poking at the idea that the MC not taking his position as King seriously (and all that goes with that), weighs on Emily quite heavily. Honor and dignity are the foundation she rests everything on and she is quick to point out how symbols of what she believes in are important to her.

Having said that, if has got me wondering about something else that continues to pop up. Does Emily know about her mother screwing James? All indications are that Emily still holds her Mother as this paragon of honor and dignity while having a rather diminished view of Erec. Is that because she doesn't know her mom was sleeping around?

James wan't late arriving as Emily states in her recounting of the day her mother died. Matthew says that he rode with the hunt rather than staying because he couldn't deal with watching those two together. That implies that James was already at Camelot and was already having a go with Emily's Mother when the Hunt departed.

So many details to ponder when playing around in the world Droid has created.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
James was late, but late on purpose. Matthew, being Emily's mother's bodyguard and swordmaster, was aware. Rather than waiting around for what he knew was coming, he decided to go hunt down a dragon instead. And no, Emily doesn't know.

Reactions: Real Kreten

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
James was late, but late on purpose. Matthew, being Emily's mother's bodyguard and swordmaster, was aware. Rather than waiting around for what he knew was coming, he decided to go hunt down a dragon instead. And no, Emily doesn't know.
That clears up a few things as well as leaving a few embers in a dry field for later. The affair seems to be spoken of pretty openly. I'm not sure I want that to become a plot point that creates more tension between Emily and Katie. I can imagine ways in possibly bring the girls closer but, I fear it could more quickly turn animosity. Not a fight I would want to see.

Renart

Sep 12, 2020
Would you believe me if I said I sympathize with Erec now? I mean initially I hated him for his behaviour, but putting everything on the line for a girl you are not supposed to marry and then this happens... Poor guy.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Would you believe me if I said I sympathize with Erec now? I mean initially I hated him for his behaviour, but putting everything on the line for a girl you are not supposed to marry and then this happens... Poor guy.
I don't know about poor guy. He brought a lot of his problems on himself after the death of his wife. Prior to that, I am with you 100%

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes