Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I could finally play the last update. I like the sensation of adventure that the game has, it seems like a role-playing game. The only downside is that the mc seems a bit OP, with all the jazz about the gods and what not. Personally I prefer characters with more humble origins.

What are the plans for future updates? The game is still in early development and already weighs 1GB
Will you split it into different chapters in the future? It will be all in one game?
With renpy you can create compressed versions but not with Unity, so the game may end up weighing too much.

Last edited:

Kaliba

Jun 24, 2017
First of all the minataur scene was just an example, there are serveral other conversation where the mc acts like a class-clown and seems to make fun of everything and everyone.

It is your right to have this view, although it is a pity imo.
I do not agree personally.
When MC talks about poker, he is not joking at all. It is for life and death. It's his way to say: "lets start fighting", because the opponent does not see these poker cards. Every individual has his own view on magic. Poker is MCs way (its all explained in the story).
I know that poker is his way of channelling magic and that is fine. Even so i would have prefered if the cards look more mythical (more magical themed) and wouldn't be referred as poker.

I meant the overall tone of the game.
When MC talks about poker, he is not joking at all. It is for life and death. It's his way to say: "lets start fighting"
, but it didnt feel like a "life and death" situation to me.
First he himself admits he should probably not go into the dark alley because of possible danger.... proceeds anyway.
A woman in full armor apears out of a portal. At this point he should probably be a bit more cautious.... nope he asks the girl if she is cosplaying.
The woman tells him serveral time to run because of imminent danger.... he stays and wants to start a conversation....
The minataur appears, a normal inner dialogue at this point would be along the line "shit why did i went into this alley, now its over..." or "i can't escape anymore, i will have to fight him". Certainly not "i will have to play poker against him"... .

PS: Yes in the beginning, MC did not take this whole scene for serious, because he suspected someone is putting a prank on him with “role playing games”. Its his first day in Europe after all.
I only played to the point where he meets the other enforcer, so i hope you are right regarding the behaviour of the mc.

And again.... i dont have anything against SOME humor or more light headed situation, but there is a time and place.

Reactions: Rolo

Muingo

Aug 16, 2019
So im here to buy my ticket for the hype train, like I said in my review.

First of all: It's a great game and i rushed trough it on the latest update version.
I got a few bug reports, but its nothing to serious. And how could i guess that i becoming so attached to this project to make savegames to replicate the bugs i met?

I saw in the Version update, that some stats are coming with you from fight to fight and that this problem has been worked on. It still happens. My shield and rage got transported a few times. The first fight after the ... uhh... spoiler-monster-thing-begins-with-L-has-4-letters i had 1000 shield and rage. That was weird. On the other hand was my first fight after L a minotaur, so that's nice. Another time i had a random encounter with blondie at starcucks where i had to quickload. The game registered it somehow as happened and referenced to it, although it didnt happen in loaded saveline.

The thing about the time you guys talked a few forum pages before: In my opinion three phases a day arent that problematic. Its confusing because of the naming. Morning, Evening, Night. As a student in a mostly student like lifestyle i can understand that and relate to it, because morning can actually be noon to make it less strange but i have no idea for an improvement of the naming for the phases. Maybe a explaining tooltip could be enough to overcome any confusion with it, I dunno. The progress feels good the way it is so i wouldnt like to see fiddling with it too much. That is maybe one of the most difficult parts in implementing such a fighting system. But you did it!

And here again: Thanks dev. I'm new to this train so in which pace can we expect new content stations? (I understand that it's not easy to say more than "its done when its done.")

Edit: To contribute to this humour discussion which is going on: That he makes jokes is relatable. You can make jokes when you are eye to eye with death. I think you can also say that this "easy going, im about to fight a minotaur with poker" joke (although you said its just one example) is explained by the lifestyle of the magic class the MC has. Its kinda explained by the redhead. Seeking for trouble, finding it, dying young.

Last edited:

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Can't for the life of me figure out how to complete the black rose side thing. I've done everything in the playthrough until ''While drinking, you can now set in motion your plan. Come back next day and order a coffee to make sure she's following instructions. Enjoy. ''. But there are no new options while drinking, and repeating existing ones bring nothing new as well. I've tried in the morning and evening (at night i am only told they are closing). Anyone have any suggestions?

Reactions: Droid Productions

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can't for the life of me figure out how to complete the black rose side thing. I've done everything in the playthrough until ''While drinking, you can now set in motion your plan. Come back next day and order a coffee to make sure she's following instructions. Enjoy. ''. But there are no new options while drinking, and repeating existing ones bring nothing new as well. I've tried in the morning and evening (at night i am only told they are closing). Anyone have any suggestions?
You need to visit bookstore to buy pen and paper after you found rose, went to cafe, drank coffee and read erotic book. Alsoneed to buy something on computer. Then go to cafe after you receive what you ordered from Chloe and leave the instructions. Then go back a following day.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
You need to visit bookstore to buy pen and paper after you found rose, went to cafe, drank coffee and read erotic book. Alsoneed to buy something on computer. Then go to cafe after you receive what you ordered from Chloe and leave the instructions. Then go back a following day.
How do i leave the instructions exactly? I have the pen&paper, bought the vibrator from the computer & picked it up from Chloe, but i can't find anything new to do in the coffee shop.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
How do i leave the instructions exactly? I have the pen&paper, bought the vibrator from the computer & picked it up from Chloe, but i can't find anything new to do in the coffee shop.
When you choose one of the possibilities (bottom right), there is one hidden, you have to scroll down to find it afair.

... downside is that the mc seems a bit OP, with all the jazz about the gods and what not. Personally I prefer characters with more humble origins.
One could say, according to the circumstances, he is quite humble: "No I am not a God, one god just used my body for his own purposes". ;)
Yes, I know what you mean, imo its funny somehow.

Last edited:

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
... yeah, that's true. Interesting that it stuck out to me more when the MC did it than when the others did...
Probably because so far MC has been a newbie in the world of magic. Guess people telling you over and over that you are the shit while at the same time that you won't go past 30 changes people in 2 months.
Though, I will still say they were acting much tenser than they should be around friends.
I agree, but remebemr that there is some political game underneath.
Torman is and obvious example, Chloe is a joker, and she herself doesn't know what she will do. But Katie is the best example: She is from a clan full of powerful people, and her loyalty is with them, while still being friends with MC.
"You have your secrets and I have mine" as she (kinda) said.
EDIT: Now I realize what was bugging me. They switch from overly affectionate to overly antagonistic. I guess mages aren't satisfied with half measures in any context.
I can absolutely see people doing that.

uudar

Oct 3, 2017
This is a great game, I'm really enjoy playing it.
Some possible bugs I noticed.

1. The Fire Elemental always gives 1000+ EXP when killed. This seems a bit excessive.
2. I used Bella's poison spell one time, after that if was never availible again

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Some possible bugs I noticed.
1. The Fire Elemental always gives 1000+ EXP when killed. This seems a bit excessive.
2. I used Bella's poison spell one time, after that if was never availible again.
1. Thats right. It is not too difficult to kill, imo.
2. It's a known bug, will be fixed in next update :)

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
First of all the minataur scene was just an example, there are serveral other conversation where the mc acts like a class-clown and seems to make fun of everything and everyone.

I know that poker is his way of channelling magic and that is fine. Even so i would have prefered if the cards look more mythical (more magical themed) and wouldn't be referred as poker.

I meant the overall tone of the game.

, but it didnt feel like a "life and death" situation to me.
First he himself admits he should probably not go into the dark alley because of possible danger.... proceeds anyway.
A woman in full armor apears out of a portal. At this point he should probably be a bit more cautious.... nope he asks the girl if she is cosplaying.
The woman tells him serveral time to run because of imminent danger.... he stays and wants to start a conversation....
The minataur appears, a normal inner dialogue at this point would be along the line "shit why did i went into this alley, now its over..." or "i can't escape anymore, i will have to fight him". Certainly not "i will have to play poker against him"... .

I only played to the point where he meets the other enforcer, so i hope you are right regarding the behaviour of the mc.

And again.... i dont have anything against SOME humor or more light headed situation, but there is a time and place.
That's called the 80ies movie attitude. It got lost among movies about sparkling vampieres, star wars episode 73, a boatloat of movies based of comic books, shitty remakes and CGI effects.

You simply can not engage in a fight without some witty one-liners. :cool:
Didn't John McClane, Martin Riggs or John Matrix teach you that? :)

Just like Joe Hallenbeck said: "You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first."

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
That's called the 80ies movie attitude. It got lost among movies about sparkling vampieres, star wars episode 73, a boatloat of movies based of comic books, shitty remakes and CGI effects.

You simply can not engage in a fight without some witty one-liners. :cool:
Didn't John McClane, Martin Riggs or John Matrix teach you that? :)

Just like Joe Hallenbeck said: "You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first."
Most definitely, but don't forget the baddest man of them all; Jack Burton.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
I just realized something, and that is that I have no idea how XP works in this game.
After you start going to Elsewhere to grind, you get to fight different tiers of enemies.
For example, Minotaur "level 3" Minotaur Knight "level 7" and Minotaur Lord "Level 9"
Sometimes I would fight a "level 3" and get 1000 XP, but then I would fight a "Level 9" and get 300 XP...
Which was a bit frustrating when I went out of my way to form a party to deal damage, get shielded and healed to face a "Level 9"
I thought that the point of those levels is the possibility of getting higher tiers of gems, but I got some of my best gems from Level 6s or Level 3s

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I could finally play the last update. I like the sensation of adventure that the game has, it seems like a role-playing game. The only downside is that the mc seems a bit OP, with all the jazz about the gods and what not. Personally I prefer characters with more humble origins.

What are the plans for future updates? The game is still in early development and already weighs 1GB
Will you split it into different chapters in the future? It will be all in one game?
With renpy you can create compressed versions but not with Unity, so the game may end up weighing too much.
Once book 1 is complete (Act I - V), I'm splitting the build for Book 2. I'm also going to see if I can get it up as a free game on Steam (Doki Doki Litterature Club style). It'll keep the savegame folders, etc.

Reactions: Muingo and Ragnar

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I saw in the Version update, that some stats are coming with you from fight to fight and that this problem has been worked on. It still happens. My shield and rage got transported a few times. The first fight after the ... uhh... spoiler-monster-thing-begins-with-L-has-4-letters i had 1000 shield and rage. That was weird. On the other hand was my first fight after L a minotaur, so that's nice. Another time i had a random encounter with blondie at starcucks where i had to quickload. The game registered it somehow as happened and referenced to it, although it didnt happen in loaded saveline.
Damn, and here I thought I'd gotten it. Okay, will check. If it's a spoilered monster, I'm guessing it's a story-line monster, which has a slightly different startup sequence, that's likely a good hint to what might be happening.

And here again: Thanks dev. I'm new to this train so in which pace can we expect new content stations? (I understand that it's not easy to say more than "its done when its done.")
If you check out beta builds are usually every 1-3 days, coming faster the closer I get to an external release. The Crowely Upgrade project is a shorter one, so I'm hoping for 2-3 weeks. Act IV will be a longer one, since I have a couple of big story-line sequences I need to write and polish, as well as a girlfriend to keep happy, and a chosen to reward for a job well done.

Edit: To contribute to this humour discussion which is going on: That he makes jokes is relatable. You can make jokes when you are eye to eye with death. I think you can also say that this "easy going, im about to fight a minotaur with poker" joke (although you said its just one example) is explained by the lifestyle of the magic class the MC has. Its kinda explained by the redhead. Seeking for trouble, finding it, dying young.
I'm often using the stereotypes of magic to reference back to games.

The Evokers are classic RPG heroes; as Emily says "Evokers almost always follow the same pattern. They keep raising the stakes, fighting stronger and stronger opponents, defending hopeless causes and fighting lost battles, until one day their luck runs out. ". In real life, you can't reload the savegame after a boss-monster wipes you out.

The Sorceresses are actually a metaphor for how life must feel as a player character. The voices tell them to go places, send them into trouble at the critical junctions of destiny again, and again. They act on knowledge they have no way of having, often feeling that their life is not really their own to live. Both Chloe and Molly bitch about this.[/QUOTE]

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Hopefully not yelled at :) I guess that depends a little on how you define H-scenes; it's not really a pure fap game. Currently
- Chloe has 2
- Katie has 3 (one of them with Bella)
- Olivia has ... well 1/2 of one, I guess? Depends if you're into tentacles or not
- Jenny has one
- Molly has 3
- Sarah has 1
- Emily has 6-9, depending on what counts as a H-scene.
Katie has 3? How? When I think I only got one when I beat her in the fight, and wasn't able to do it again after.

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Try out DA22's solution. Full walkthough of the event is here:

If that still fails, PM me the savegame, I'll hve a look.

Reactions: albul

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
2. I used Bella's poison spell one time, after that if was never availible again
(Bella's poison attack was tagged to only be selecteable once, fixed. She'll also get different upgrades, a once-per-Elsewhere Schwartalf rune-bolt, and a significant boost after an ingame choice).

Fire elemental seems correct: here's the full list of monster HPs/XPs/Weapons/Loot tables (you can also access this from in-game on the computer).

Grunt/Knight/Lord is currently 1200, 2400, 3600xp.

Reactions: Rolo
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes