MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Regarding the black rose from Elsewhere: It took me until my third complete playthrough (Act III) to finally find my first rose. Seems kinda rare ;) ...really curious and can't wait to see how this sidestory develops.

Regarding the ingredients: A way to track how many of the normal and/or special ingredients we are carrying would be nice.

A little workaround at the momemt is to open the debug-menu(ctrl-j), where it is tracked somewhere on the upper left part of the screen.

A solution for this could be to use parts of the gem-screen (right side has quite some unused space) for some kind of small inventory, for tracking the ingredients (normal/special) and other stuff (black rose, in future updates maybe more) you can find.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
Regarding the black rose from Elsewhere: It took me until my third complete playthrough (Act III) to finally find my first rose. Seems kinda rare ;) ...really curious and can't wait to see how this sidestory develops.

Regarding the ingredients: A way to track how many of the normal and/or special ingredients we are carrying would be nice.

A little workaround at the momemt is to open the debug-menu(ctrl-j), where it is tracked somewhere on the upper left part of the screen.

A solution for this could be to use parts of the gem-screen (right side has quite some unused space) for some kind of small inventory, for tracking the ingredients (normal/special) and other stuff (black rose, in future updates maybe more) you can find.
I'd argue that an inventory button would be more useful than the skip time button we have now, which is probably clicked more often by accident than on purpose ;)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I'd argue that an inventory button would be more useful than the skip time button we have now, which is probably clicked more often by accident than on purpose ;)
Oh I forgot that there is a "skip time button" ;)
As time is the bottleneck of the game, why should someone skip time? ... (unless for testing purposes)...

Reactions: MisterL and DrFree

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
Oh I forgot that there is a "skip time button" ;)
As time is the bottleneck of the game, why should someone skip time? ... (unless for testing purposes)...
I can understand it being there, if one's testing/cheating/just wanting to get on with it. I just found its placement and lack of confirmation a bit awkward, it's quite easy to accidentally select it when trying to access eg one's stats.

Reactions: Muingo

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Yeah, this another idea I didn't thought of.

Never used the skip button in this game, but maybe find a place where this button is still available but the risk low to hit it accidently, maybe find a way to put in into the calendar. Still easy to access, but most likely not used by accident.

This way the skip-button could be used to access a inventory, if the dev prefers a separate screen for the inventory. Personally I like to have most info in one screen than divided in a bunch of smaller ones, but that is just a question of taste and preference.

Reactions: DrFree

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Actually one of my problems was about the inventory. The gems are easy enough to check, but the ingredients and "quest items" like the black rose have no way to be shown.
And since we are at it, modifying the "inventory" system so we can have a window when shopping for gems in the library would help.

Reactions: Rolo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I guess Molly is rubbing off on me; I was rendering out a final two pics for the Black Rose II event, and it took on a almost religious feel.

service.png
I've got a curious style of writing; I'll start a scene with some 'gates', basic elements the characters need to get through. Calling it a story outline would be too generous. Then I'll do a couple of renders to give myself a visual aid to writing the story. Once I start writing, the characters tend to... I don't know, talk back. Molly's spanking scene was envisioned very differently when I started it than it ended up turning out (my initial plan looked at lot more like MC's original plan). Usually I feel they end up better for it, they resonate with I feel the characters would do in the situation. Finally I'll go back and fix up the missing renders brought by the revised story.

Black Rose II (called ) was originally supposed to be just the next evolution on Jenny's 50 shades of coffee journey. Serving the coffee, she's supposed to get down and give you a blowjob. But this particular scene jumped out, it felt almost like the actions of a priestess, enough that MC starts getting nervous about accidentally picking up another Chosen.

Anyway, with Hot Coffee out of the way, all that is left is upgrading the Crowley, and bringing in the various pixies, fey and mountain trolls that will make up the new clientele.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
1583899216702.png

Improving user feedback on this, as requested :)

The Ingredients (now that I look at it, it's a little unevenly aligned, that's going to set off my OCD until I fix it) and special ingredients (IngredientX, used for raising the rate of the Crowley) next to the stats.

The black rose; I actually preferred putting it in the world. If you've got one, it'll be in your bedroom.

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
I really like the black rose being visable on the desk in your room. Think this adds more flavour and in hope this will be used for other special quest items aswell.

The addition of the count of the two types (atm) of ingredients to the stats window is the simplest solution. That's more than ok for me, since the other ideas would have used more of the devs ressources, which he can use on other and more important features of the game.

Reactions: Droid Productions

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Got my game to work, seems the folder was hidden. All that aside....wow. This was already an amazing game, with a heck of a story and world of lore and characters that stands above the standard for something of its fare. Great, amazing stuff for an erotic game. But that last segment, the story, the scenes....incredible. Best update yet, and I can't wait for more.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes