Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is it worth playing?
Of course :) But I might be biased.

I keep resisting a 'check list' for open tasks, but I also want to make life easier for people, especially to stop them from having to hunt around for content. One part of that will be the player musing about things undone when you go to sleep in the bed (as I add more night time activities, I really need to find some value in just using your bed; it'll become the hint thing).

I'm also adding tweaks to give better visualization. Quick video to show off the new UI improvements. I also updated the computer, so now if there's new things you can buy, pending emails, etc it'll notify you. I'm still torn on whether I should notify the player if there's a new game; it's optional content, and it seems counter-intuitive that you'd need to play all the friend games before the "New action available" hint becomes useful.

View attachment 2020-03-11 15-20-47.mp4

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did you add new content with version 0.3.16?
Not in terms of story, no. It was an update primarily focused on Elsewhere / Poker. Added Visual and Sound Effects to combat, new enemies, lots of balance tweaks, the online wiki for documentation, and the ability to call mom on the PC. (oh, and two new friend games; Battle for Luvia, and Bad Memories).

Last edited:

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Is it worth playing?
Without any doubt in my eyes!

Even if the pitch isn't selling it to you in the first place, give it a try. You will find something unique with a interesting and funny story. Besides that it isn't just another VN, there is really a game hidden in here, which gives you always something to do. Even though the game is free roam, I never had to use the skip time button. There is always something to do and it never felt repetitive for me.

rockthehell

Aug 1, 2017
Very good game. I have but only one complain, I would like to continue playing after story, there is a lot of grind. Maybe make something like repeatable day after story events, just for grinding.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Very good game. I have but only one complain, I would like to continue playing after story, there is a lot of grind. Maybe make something like repeatable day after story events, just for grinding.
Actually, if you Ctrl+J (enable the cheats), you can jump backwards in time). Safest is doing this the second-to-last day (so the Wednesday), so you haven't completed Thursday's event yet, and you can play forever.

The alternative, which I'll try to support in the next version, is that if you load up the end of Act III savegame, you'll find that you can actually exit the scene and move on with the game. No more events play. I'm going to try to enable it so that if you load a game, last saved in Act III, in Act IV, it'll look to see if day > day 54, and if so rewind your position/location to the lake, and start the opening cinematics from there.

Hope that helps

rockthehell

Aug 1, 2017
Actually, if you Ctrl+J (enable the cheats), you can jump backwards in time). Safest is doing this the second-to-last day (so the Wednesday), so you haven't completed Thursday's event yet, and you can play forever.

The alternative, which I'll try to support in the next version, is that if you load up the end of Act III savegame, you'll find that you can actually exit the scene and move on with the game. No more events play. I'm going to try to enable it so that if you load a game, last saved in Act III, in Act IV, it'll look to see if day > day 54, and if so rewind your position/location to the lake, and start the opening cinematics from there.

Hope that helps
thnx

SheepMeUp

Mar 11, 2018
That reminds me, that there is one thing I miss... There are no CG's or titles that indicate the start or end of a chapter. I can only see by creating a savegame, that I completed the last chapter...

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Is it worth playing?
Edit: I forgot to mention I really like the story, characters and the writing in general. THe MC isn't some wimp without being exactly "evil" at points. Although that seems to be a plot-point for further developments.

Without writing a review, I can recommend it. I like the combat system. Don't worry, the "poker" aspect isn't that important. And there is an auto-play (just the next move) if you feel stuck or want to get over it quicker.
A few recommendations: Save up to 50 ingredients to get an unique/exclusive gem. The others don't really matter.
-Don't force yourself into grinding for stats. Honestly you may as well open the console and cheat a lil' bit.
-Because I focused on grinding, I missed a few miss-able events, like meeting the girl in the library upper floor, or even meeting a hot irish red-head werewolf.
-The werewolf girl is also a possible companion, so I was wondering "Who the hell is this girl we are also taking along the lake trip? Katie's cousin? When the hell did we meet?"

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
...Without writing a review, I can recommend it. I like the combat system. Don't worry, the "poker" aspect isn't that important. And there is an auto-play (just the next move) if you feel stuck or want to get over it quicker. ...

-Don't force yourself into grinding for stats. Honestly you may as well open the console and cheat a lil' bit.
-Because I focused on grinding, I missed a few miss-able events, ...
Yes, LoM is really special and has a lot of depth in many aspects. Story, yes.
And unlike in many other games also the combat system has quite some depth and complexity - for those who like this.

Yes auto-play is possible for those who want to focus exclusively on the story.

For myself the poker-combat-system with all the gems was as well overwhelming as intriguing.
Then I realized the depth and worked myself into it – having so much fun with it.

I confess that I hate exaggerated grinding, but in LoM I never had the feeling that there is grinding at all.
Therefor I absolutely do not recommend “cheating a lil’ bit”.

Stats increase so fast, like by themselves. Events come so close one after another. Skipping time or stats does not make any sense imo. And there are no things like “miss-able” events imo. All are fun. But ok that’s really subjective.

To be honest, this masterpiece of storytelling does not claim to win a “high fapping per hour” contest or something like this. Which means, its definitely not for everyone.

BaelStriker

Feb 14, 2020
Of course :) But I might be biased.

I keep resisting a 'check list' for open tasks, but I also want to make life easier for people, especially to stop them from having to hunt around for content. One part of that will be the player musing about things undone when you go to sleep in the bed (as I add more night time activities, I really need to find some value in just using your bed; it'll become the hint thing).

I'm also adding tweaks to give better visualization. Quick video to show off the new UI improvements. I also updated the computer, so now if there's new things you can buy, pending emails, etc it'll notify you. I'm still torn on whether I should notify the player if there's a new game; it's optional content, and it seems counter-intuitive that you'd need to play all the friend games before the "New action available" hint becomes useful.

View attachment 583248
im just spitballing here but you could perhaps change the icons color to pink or something for the pron and maybe an " ! " in the corner or something for everything else

Reactions: Droid Productions

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
I confess that I hate exaggerated grinding, but in LoM I never had the feeling that there is grinding at all.
Therefor I absolutely do not recommend “cheating a lil’ bit”.
I also end up enjoying grinding in games such as Persona, so I also don't mind it, but I still mentioned cheating for those that don't want to.

And there are no things like “miss-able” events imo. All are fun. But ok that’s really subjective.
You misunderstood what I meant. I mean that they are literally miss-able.
I had the lake party with no clue who is this "Bella, Katie's cousin"
Then way after the event, I came across the event where I "meet" her for the first time.

So, its a miss-able event in the sense that I had a completed the game with one less companion that I could've gotten, because I missed her.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I also end up enjoying grinding in games such as Persona, so I also don't mind it, but I still mentioned cheating for those that don't want to.
That's largely why it's there; I know that the poker game isn't for everyone, so I wanted anyone who wanted to skip it to have an easy way to play along in the story, and still get enjoyment out of it.

You misunderstood what I meant. I mean that they are literally miss-able.
I had the lake party with no clue who is this "Bella, Katie's cousin"
Then way after the event, I came across the event where I "meet" her for the first time.

So, its a miss-able event in the sense that I had a completed the game with one less companion that I could've gotten, because I missed her.
Yeah, Bella specifically I need to look at forcing a trigger. I have a 'hint' right now (maybe I should go to the grassmarket at night), but it's only once, and it's not enough

Reactions: Muingo and DrFree
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes