ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Good to know we were on the same page, sometimes hard to tell if not communicating face-to-face and even harder if, at least in my case, you are using not your first language.

Haha, I didn't paid attention to the date of today, good I'm not a superstitious person.
Me either and English is my first and only language. Have to watch my keyboard cuz I'm not sure English is it's first language. :D

Reactions: MisterL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's why I wasn't a good beta tester. I never really wanted to learn how to code platforms, not that I couldn't. Just didn't want to take the time to do it so I could dig out the problems.
Which is totally fair. The vast majority of game players want to play the game, not run into game-breaking bugs testing them. It's why I love my testers so much, I could never fix all these things on my own.

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
It's all good; and honestly the beta builds *will* have bugs, that's why I don't just push to public. The latest one has a couple of bad ones, since I'm doing a lot new things in 0.3.18 (experimenting with videos in the scenes, the new Crowley upgrade system, working at nights, reading at nights, and the Black rose). Some of those aren't tested fully yet, and so the beta testers help me out in fixing them.
Wait is Torman finally going to have you pick up course books from the bookstore? Like "Magic for Dummies", "Poker for Dummies", "Gems for Dummies" and a Magic Glossary? Hmm, be cool if we could "share" them with Olivia. Could be a way to slow down people that add money, make Diana wait until you finish your basic course book before she will sell you the good books.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Wait is Torman finally going to have you pick up course books from the bookstore? Like "Magic for Dummies", "Poker for Dummies", "Gems for Dummies" and a Magic Glossary? Hmm, be cool if we could "share" them with Olivia. Could be a way to slow down people that add money, make Diana wait until you finish your basic course book before she will sell you the good books.
I doubt MC will be doing anything Torman suggests for a while.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
...The vast majority of game players want to play the game, not run into game-breaking bugs testing them.
It's why I love my testers so much,...
And thats why your testers love YOU so much, cause - in a one man show - you create such a magic thing, a game that so many ppl love. To me it seems like you put 24/7 into this project (ok, putting about 6h sleep in between, with DoM*).
Like having nothing to do beside that. You are an incredible MULTITASKER Droid ;)
And a person one will rarely meet in a lifetime :)

*DoM = Dreams of Magic ? Or: Droid on Magical Mystery Tour ?? <3

Last edited:

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
I talking first day, when he handed out the calendar, since its college, should also be some books needed to read.
Well, you would think there would be magic books to borrow from the library instead of just a gem dealer and a potter-head girl, so you don't have to pay 100 for literally any book from a hipster.
I loved the first days when she and black rose girl were introduced btw. Nice little satire.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Starting work on an ingame cinematic for Act IV. I'll likely be tinkering part time with this one for a while going forward :)

This will form the core of one of the shots; around it I'll be layering special effects, the enemy they're fighting, the background, environmental effects, then finally camera cuts. I have something in my mind, but beating the tools until they agree with me is the hard part :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Starting work on an ingame cinematic for Act IV. I'll likely be tinkering part time with this one for a while going forward :)

This will form the core of one of the shots; around it I'll be layering special effects, the enemy they're fighting, the background, environmental effects, then finally camera cuts. I have something in my mind, but beating the tools until they agree with me is the hard part :)
Well at last you started early enough, also do not forget there are some threads where dev and modders hang out and give tips. Never hurts to see if anyone knows of great tools. :)

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018

Hello George Lucus. The cat's out of the bag now. It's too bad this will not make it to your local theater. :cool:

txqina

Jan 11, 2020
I was about to log a bug about when the MC buys a coffee at the cafe that there is no means to continue the game.

After restarting the game and retrying half a dozen times, I found that I needed to click on the main character to continue the scene. Seems a bit obscure.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I was about to log a bug about when the MC buys a coffee at the cafe that there is no means to continue the game.

After restarting the game and retrying half a dozen times, I found that I needed to click on the main character to continue the scene. Seems a bit obscure.
Found out the same thing. So now I just click on one character and if nothing happens I just click the other one and I can continue. Bit awkward but once you figure it out goes smoothly after that.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Yes, thats right. There shouldn't be a button to leave the scene without reading a book, or talking to someone, (or MC wants just to drink the coffee and go. Last one is obsolete imo).
If there is no "leave button", ppl will find out much sooner that they have to click on a person to continue.
(It shows on the bottom).

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, it's the same language any time he has an action he needs to do. I might want to make that more explicit.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes