yveshana

Sep 28, 2019
Guys, guys, the important part is the wellbeing of our abs redhead queen Bella. If you have to sacrifice all of Arthur's lineage for some dubious aztec god (fuck Erec), so be it. I would hate to kill Emily on the top of a pyramid, but some things just have to be done. And though the world may be ending in some weeks or a year or two, we have some time to train Molly in a good water-keeping sorceress. It's just a matter of focus in what's really important.
But being realistic, Molly should have some classes with Chloe as soon as possible. I don't know why she hasn't done it yet. And keeping Bella out of a possible war, because she's certain to die if shit goes down

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
just start game first day its stuck speak to chloe chose just but when i click nothing happen
Could you zip up your savegame folder, send it over? I'll have a look.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Guys, guys, the important part is the wellbeing of our abs redhead queen Bella. If you have to sacrifice all of Arthur's lineage for some dubious aztec god (fuck Erec), so be it. I would hate to kill Emily on the top of a pyramid, but some things just have to be done. And though the world may be ending in some weeks or a year or two, we have some time to train Molly in a good water-keeping sorceress. It's just a matter of focus in what's really important.
But being realistic, Molly should have some classes with Chloe as soon as possible. I don't know why she hasn't done it yet. And keeping Bella out of a possible war, because she's certain to die if shit goes down
Bella among all the current companions is the most prepared for combat situations.. what's posing a threat to her is the fast metabolism... and how do we fix that? by making her a chosen

Reactions: Brother Lui

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Will you place your game in itch.io ?
So far it's on"

itch:
GameJolt :

And coming to steam once I finish book 1:
(Feel free to wish-list it, it tends to give the steam Analytics a bit of a bump).

The game is free on all of the channels, including steam; if you enjoy it, do consider supporting development on Patreon:

Reactions: borealis and Rolo

WaifuUncovered

Apr 9, 2020
We are considering doing something like that too.
How does it work? Is it worth to release a game for free and open a pateron?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
We are considering doing something like that too.
How does it work? Is it worth to release a game for free and open a pateron?
I only opened a patreon last month, so... hard to say.

It's an experiment for me, especially the Steam version. Everyone else recommends just making the Steam build paid, slap some new renders on it and call it Exclusive Premium, but that honestly feels dishonest. Steam users aren't *stupid*... they can see that the same game (- some junk) is free on Itch.io, or that the dev is here in a pirate forum supporting it. It goes back to whether you want to have an honest relationship with your players, in the same way I refuse to paywall the game on Patreon while uploading it here myself. I have no idea whether that is good for the game, and by extension hopefully also revenue, in the long run.

I suspect history will find me willfully optimistic, but it's worth trying :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I only opened a patreon last month, so... hard to say.

It's an experiment for me, especially the Steam version. Everyone else recommends just making the Steam build paid, slap some new renders on it and call it Exclusive Premium, but that honestly feels dishonest. Steam users aren't *stupid*... they can see that the same game (- some junk) is free on Itch.io, or that the dev is here in a pirate forum supporting it. It goes back to whether you want to have an honest relationship with your players, in the same way I refuse to paywall the game on Patreon while uploading it here myself. I have no idea whether that is good for the game, and by extension hopefully also revenue, in the long run.

I suspect history will find me willfully optimistic, but it's worth trying :)
Well you at least have some patreons and I did not see one going you missed your update. :p

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well you at least have some patreons and I did not see one going you missed your update. :p
Well, considering there are updates daily / by-daily, if I miss my updates it isn't for that long :)

I don't post all the intermediate updates here because there's always the possibility of bugs / typos, and because I want to give the public releases a real episodic feel (with a concrete story, and a clean ending). Anyway, act IV is a big one, just hammering through it. If you want to check out the intermediate builds, argue poker or theorycraft, there's always the Discord:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I was the lucky winner of this month's Donor raffle, a scene made by the awesome @recreation.

It's not really Love of Magic related (though Rec's game Bad Memories is playable as one of the in-game "game of friends" options on MC's computer).

The scene request was "Good Memories", with MC and some of his love interests chilling on the patio, a cold beer and 'landlady' cooking up some burgers. It's being added as a wallpaper in the next build as well.

yveshana

Sep 28, 2019
I was the lucky winner of this month's Donor raffle, a scene made by the awesome @recreation.

It's not really Love of Magic related (though Rec's game Bad Memories is playable as one of the in-game "game of friends" options on MC's computer).

The scene request was "Good Memories", with MC and some of his love interests chilling on the patio, a cold beer and 'landlady' cooking up some burgers. It's being added as a wallpaper in the next build as well.

I... I love you.

Reactions: Droid Productions
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes