Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
True there is a bit of that going both sides and may well be the underlying reason of Sarah's behavior and annoyance with having to teach them. Still that does not mean she is making a friend of MC that way or is helping him. Hence why he reacts as he does and I do think he might have gone further as he intended ( I thought he just intended to teach her a lesson and not to break her mind. I might be wrong about that though and feel free to correct me Droid if so :p), but for those reasons does regret it less that he misjudged his power use as he might have done in another case.
I agree that it didn't appear the protagonist intended to break her mind, but he still did it, and appeared to only regret it because it might come back to bite him in the ass like with the hobo in Baltimore. Thus I lost sympathy towards the protagonist and it damaged my connection to him because as a player I had no choice in that outcome. As a player I learned my lesson regarding employing too much magic in those situations by losing the opportunity to drench Molly's lovely little thot face my second playthrough, I wouldn't have made the same mistake again.

Sarah might well have left there with with my handprint on her ass to transmit in no uncertain terms exactly how I felt about academy authorities trying to encourage the recasting of consensual sexual encounters as some sort of harassment or rape, but she'd have gotten the magic she needed to stay youthful and alluring like she wanted with her mind intact because I prefer her that way too.

I disagree that she is not helping the MC, for one thing he admitted to himself she's a fine teacher and you pick up points attending her classes and while I'm certainly not going to argue with the creator regarding her motives, her homework assignments amounted to giving the MC several free strip shows starring the lovely young Emily with a progression to VIP lounge style 'lapdances.' Men pay good money for those with less enchanting performers than that lithe little elfmaiden and the vast majority have no difficulty remembering the rules of 'look but don't touch' or 'touch but not too much' or 'have fun but stop when she says so' and know enough not to get too emotionally involved.

If these rules get broken there's someone like me (or the MC according to his backstory) to enforce them and I can tell you from personal experience most all who do break them are invariably dead drunk and by and large feel terrible about it the next day when they sober up. Thus I cannot countenance the assumption she purposed his demise by stripping Emiy naked and dumping her into his lap. If he has that little control of himself he deserves to be weeded out of the evoker ranks and even if so, her methods were less unpleasant than Thor 'breaking his leg' and throwing him to the wolves.

At any rate I really love the game and story I merely offered some honest feedback regarding both what I liked and disliked. Sarah with her mind broken and up on attempted murder charges, her (mundane) life ruined by the MC, and his relative indifference to it, is amongst the latter. However I realize the story isn't over and was happy to see she's returning but now have some trepidation as it appeared to me the creator has little sympathy for her, but perhaps that is misdirection--I'll stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolo and DA22

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
For me it was more about him still being inexperienced with all the magic stuff and this lead to a immature reaction by the still young MC without thinking about the results. I doubt he wanted to hurt Sarah but was kinda annoyed by the situation.

Besides this in general I think characters chosing more emotional than rational reasons for their actions early on, helps the story to develop, because it adds more drama and tension and makes it more interesting for the reader/player. Of course this needs to be done in a reasonable way, because otherwise the author would hurt the credibility of the involved characters.

Reactions: Rolo and Gunner Rey

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
At any rate I really love the game and story I merely offered some honest feedback regarding both what I liked and disliked. Sarah with her mind broken and up on attempted murder charges, her (mundane) life ruined by the MC, and his relative indifference to it, is amongst the latter. However I realize the story isn't over and was happy to see she's returning but now have some trepidation as it appeared to me the creator has little sympathy for her, but perhaps that is misdirection--I'll stay tuned.
It's good that you have sympathy for her, I tried to write her being playfully bitchy, rather than evil. I certainly don't hate her, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about her returning to be a happy member of your harem.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
It's good that you have sympathy for her, I tried to write her being playfully bitchy, rather than evil. I certainly don't hate her, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about her returning to be a happy member of your harem.
That's good to hear, I do hope to see her in action (mind restored) eventually though, I couldn't care less if it's the MC or not. My imagination doesn't limit me to enjoying only the actions of the main character nor do I feel 'cucked' if any other male has sex in the story. If she has to be an antagonist and unavailable to the MC so we can see her gangbanged by the Wild Hunt as part of a revenge scheme or whatever so as not to upset those who do then it all works out as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Brother Lui

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I agree that it didn't appear the protagonist intended to break her mind, but he still did it, and appeared to only regret it because it might come back to bite him in the ass like with the hobo in Baltimore. Thus I lost sympathy towards the protagonist and it damaged my connection to him because as a player I had no choice in that outcome. As a player I learned my lesson regarding employing too much magic in those situations by losing the opportunity to drench Molly's lovely little thot face my second playthrough, I wouldn't have made the same mistake again.
the MC is flawed, he has anger issues, part of his heritage... in the latest builds that is adressed actually
nor do I feel 'cucked' if any other male has sex in the story.
good because the goal of book 2 will be to get Dylan laid....

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's good to hear, I do hope to see her in action (mind restored) eventually though, I couldn't care less if it's the MC or not.
Oh, she'll be back in action :)

Thanks for the review! One thing you mentioned was limited savegame slots. I know there's only one auto-save, but there should be 255 free save slots. If you're getting lower than that, it's likely a bug. Could you send me the player.log of you trying to save a new savegame? It's in the same folder as the savegames (c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic) if you're on PC.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Sarah might well have left there with with my handprint on her ass to transmit in no uncertain terms exactly how I felt about academy authorities trying to encourage the recasting of consensual sexual encounters as some sort of harassment or rape, but she'd have gotten the magic she needed to stay youthful and alluring like she wanted with her mind intact because I prefer her that way too.

I disagree that she is not helping the MC, for one thing he admitted to himself she's a fine teacher and you pick up points attending her classes and while I'm certainly not going to argue with the creator regarding her motives, her homework assignments amounted to giving the MC several free strip shows starring the lovely young Emily with a progression to VIP lounge style 'lapdances.' Men pay good money for those with less enchanting performers than that lithe little elfmaiden and the vast majority have no difficulty remembering the rules of 'look but don't touch' or 'touch but not too much' or 'have fun but stop when she says so' and know enough not to get too emotionally involved.

If these rules get broken there's someone like me (or the MC according to his backstory) to enforce them and I can tell you from personal experience most all who do break them are invariably dead drunk and by and large feel terrible about it the next day when they sober up. Thus I cannot countenance the assumption she purposed his demise by stripping Emiy naked and dumping her into his lap. If he has that little control of himself he deserves to be weeded out of the evoker ranks and even if so, her methods were less unpleasant than Thor 'breaking his leg' and throwing him to the wolves.

Our reads on Sarah and MC slightly differ and that is no problem, but means we are unlikely to fully agree. It is Droid in the end that makes the decisions anyway. :p

Normally I am of the opinion that scenes with other males as MC in a sexual position are a use of resources that could be better used, or to enjoy a particular fetish the game needs to be fully geared onto, unless they really do have a story purpose. Now I might not mind a scene with Sarah, that would have a story purpose though. :p

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Oh, she'll be back in action :)

Thanks for the review! One thing you mentioned was limited savegame slots. I know there's only one auto-save, but there should be 255 free save slots. If you're getting lower than that, it's likely a bug. Could you send me the player.log of you trying to save a new savegame? It's in the same folder as the savegames (c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic) if you're on PC.
Civilian computers are not my forte, so it might be a case of me not realizing how to properly operate the system and assuming from previous experience with other Unity games with only a handful of slots that was the problem here. I've no trouble with Ren'py saves but when I try to save here it looks like I only have about six slots, five appearing to be End-of-Act autosaves with one a 'New Savegame' slot I generated sometime early on somehow. I've played through it at least five complete times and tried to save a few times other than that but eventually thought I had to overwrite an old save in order to do so.

I know enough to find the folder you were looking for, it has a folder entitled 'Unity' and then some act1-3.sav files and a number of .mem files mostly named after characters or scenes from the game and I do see a file entitled player.log and a player-prev.log or somesuch. Unfortunately I'm unsure what you mean by 'sending' it. I see a button which says 'attach files' and if the process is no more complicated than uploading an avatar I should be able to manage it.

However I suspect this is a 'user error' on my part and I'll believe you when you say there ought to be 255 slots and will just erase that part of my review and only attempt to 'send' this file just to see if I can do it and the off chance there's really a bug.

Weird, I hit the 'attach file' button and navigate to the same folder and it's barely populated, and it just wants to open them rather than attach them. Here's the player.log file copied and pasted from when I first found it:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Our reads on Sarah and MC slightly differ and that is no problem, but means we are unlikely to fully agree. It is Droid in the end that makes the decisions anyway. :p

Normally I am of the opinion that scenes with other males as MC in a sexual position are a use of resources that could be better used, or to enjoy a particular fetish the game needs to be fully geared onto, unless they really do have a story purpose. Now I might not mind a scene with Sarah, that would have a story purpose though. :p
I don't identify overmuch with the MC, especially once I realized that while I can choose different dialogue options, most of those choices don't seem to matter much, at least at this stage. You can (eventually) pick up an extra point of CHR by paying for the first date with Emily and spew all over Molly's face if you don't over-satiate her with magic, but for the most part you're just along for the (very entertaining) ride. As such I don't care who's screwing the hotties, as long as they're getting screwed. Scenes with Dylan, Thor etc stuffing strumpets wouldn't bother me a whit, it would allow for the creator to showcase different styles and personalities. The one closest to me would probably be the poor quartermaster bastard who left his legs 'in the mud and blood of Flanders' except both my legs work, I didn't get busted for misappropriating anything and I'm (significantly!) younger than half his age. I'd rather not see a scene with him as I don't have an amputee fetish, but I'm glad he's still getting some.

Reactions: Droid Productions

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't identify overmuch with the MC, especially once I realized that while I can choose different dialogue options, most of those choices don't seem to matter much, at least at this stage. You can (eventually) pick up an extra point of CHR by paying for the first date with Emily and spew all over Molly's face if you don't over-satiate her with magic, but for the most part you're just along for the (very entertaining) ride. As such I don't care who's screwing the hotties, as long as they're getting screwed. Scenes with Dylan, Thor etc stuffing strumpets wouldn't bother me a whit, it would allow for the creator to showcase different styles and personalities. The one closest to me would probably be the poor quartermaster bastard who left his legs 'in the mud and blood of Flanders' except both my legs work, I didn't get busted for misappropriating anything and I'm (significantly!) younger than half his age. I'd rather not see a scene with him as I don't have an amputee fetish, but I'm glad he's still getting some.
Yup that is why I call it a potential waste of resources, while you would not mind scenes with others you are also happy while see stuff with the MC, while people who strongly self identify do not care for it or even hate it. So for a dev with limited resources often better to stay away from adding sex with other males unless there are story reasons or he just likes doing it for himself or that is what the game is about.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yup that is why I call it a potential waste of resources, while you would not mind scenes with others you are also happy while see stuff with the MC, while people who strongly self identify do not care for it or even hate it. So for a dev with limited resources often better to stay away from adding sex with other males unless there are story reasons or he just likes doing it for himself or that is what the game is about.
I don't think you hit the high notes by exclusively catering to the intolerance of the lowest common denominator nor do I think it helpful to reinforce immaturity and/or indications of various psychological disorders. Anyone who equivocates virtually any instance of any other male outside the MC getting some in a game with that niche fetish where some like to be humiliated by seeing their loved ones taken by a better male is likely in need of education if not therapy.

At any rate the option to avoid those scenes is easy to implement, so it ought not prove a problem in most cases.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't think you hit the high notes by exclusively catering to the intolerance of the lowest common denominator nor do I think it helpful to reinforce immaturity and/or indications of various psychological disorders. Anyone who equivocates virtually any instance of any other male outside the MC getting some in a game with that niche fetish where some like to be humiliated by seeing their loved ones taken by a better male is likely in need of education if not therapy.

At any rate the option to avoid those scenes is easy to implement, so it ought not prove a problem in most cases.
But it takes away limited resources to work on it in a way that does not give maximum pleasure to all your players, now that is fair enough if that is what the devs wants or needs for his story. Now like I already said I do not mind much even if there were cheating for story reasons and if the dev will be happier to show sex with other males since it will make him/her happier while working on the game that is also fine by me even if those scenes are unavoidable. We know Dylan will have his own woman in the second book and it is very likely there will also be a story arc like that with Katie's brother based on the content of latest public update. Up to Droid if he wants to show that or not.

Considering people rather not seeing sex with other males when they self immerse in a game that is made for that, well I guess that is just as immature as wanting those other scenes because it fits with how you are playing. :p Me, I prefer to let the dev make the story he wants to make as long as he/she does not destroy the consistency of the characters.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
But it takes away limited resources to work on it in a way that does not give maximum pleasure to all your players, now that is fair enough if that is what the devs wants or needs for his story. Now like I already said I do not mind much even if there were cheating for story reasons and if the dev will be happier to show sex with other males since it will make him/her happier while working on the game that is also fine by me even if those scenes are unavoidable. We know Dylan will have his own woman in the second book and it is very likely there will also be a story arc like that with Katie's brother based on the content of latest public update. Up to Droid if he wants to show that or not.

Considering people rather not seeing sex with other males when they self immerse in a game that is made for that, well I guess that is just as immature as wanting those other scenes because it fits with how you are playing. :p
No, that's an example of a false equivalence which produces the exact opposite of giving maximum pleasure to all players. One position tolerates potential content the other removes it from consideration even if it's avoidable. One recognizes the reality we all live in where other males outside the one designated as MC are having sex and in fact compete with other males for the most desirable females, the other distorts reality completely lest the player throw a temper tantrum because they can't abide the thought they might not get everything they want even if it's avoidable!

Me, I prefer to let the dev make the story he wants to make as long as he/she does not destroy the consistency of the characters.
I agree with you here.

I think that would make for a downright hilarious 'bad end,' but an odd choice for an unavoidable story development. However I can't help but recall that two of the most popular developers on this site both have completed games where one of the more beloved female characters was unavoidably mowed down in a hail of bullets/burnt alive in a firestorm. They now both have new games which appear even more popular than the last suggesting even far more drastic negative developments can be survived by top developers and the hoorah those consequences generated proved at least those characters truly touched many in the audience in ways most creators would envy.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No, that's an example of a false equivalence which produces the exact opposite of giving maximum pleasure to all players. One position tolerates potential content the other removes it from consideration even if it's avoidable. One recognizes the reality we all live in where other males outside the one designated as MC are having sex and in fact compete with other males for the most desirable females, the other distorts reality completely lest the player throw a temper tantrum because they can't abide the thought they might not get everything they want even if it's avoidable!
What you said would be true if a dev could add unlimited content to a game since his resources were unlimited or so big he could add anything he could ever wish to without it restricting other content. Since I am pretty sure that does not go for Droid or any other developer on this site they have to make choices and part of those are based upon who your target audience is. Remember your maximum pleasure or my maximum pleasure does not equal maximum pleasure over all.

Neither does calling the wishes from one group mature and the other immature, both are valid wishes. :p Now games and stories do not have to resemble reality too much or we can remove every incest or harem game on this site, since none tend to be very realistic when comes to those situations. Same with almost any soap series or action movies on the networks that tend to be very formulaic or any fantasy novel ever written from store shelves. :p

Thing is he can not and add a scene everyone would be happy with plus a scene 50% would be very happy with and 50% very unhappy ad infinitum, he just has so much time in a day, week, month or year. So he will make those choices for his own reasons and what he wants the game to be.

Edit: Maybe another example to show what I mean that more is not always better. Some people have a foot fetish and love to see feet stuff in a game and there is nothing wrong with that. Now as a dev you might want to include that in the game, but you also know that unless you write it exceptionally well most of your players will go mmmhh ok about that scene and a number will be very happy. Now if it is not your own thing as a dev or needed for story should you spend your resources on developping that scene or would it be wiser to add a scene everyone would go WOW?

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
What you said would be true if a dev could add unlimited content to a game since his resources were unlimited or so big he could add anything he could ever wish to without it restricting other content. Since I am pretty sure that does not go for Droid or any other developer on this site they have to make choices and part of those are based upon who your target audience is. Remember your maximum pleasure or my maximum pleasure does not equal maximum pleasure over all.
Many of these games are in development for years and can theoretically add pretty much whatever they want and still be producing content a decade later, you overstate the limitation of resources. As many if not most of these games are able to include both options in the majority of the games I've played I've reason to doubt the validity of your argument.

Neither does calling the wishes from one group mature and the other immature, both are valid wishes. :p Now games and reality do not have to resemble reality too much or we can remove every incest or harem game on this site, since none tend to be very realistic when comes to those situations. Same with almost any soap series or action movies on the networks that tend to be very formulaic or any fantasy novel ever written from store shelves. :p
There is a very real difference between wishes and demands. When playing a game I'd expect most all wish they will win, but it is an entirely different thing to demand they win in all instances and even insist the developer preclude the possibility of them not achieving everything they desire and eliminate any possibility of seeing anyone else get or enjoy something they might not want to see. Otherwise they'll tip the table over and flounce off in a huff and pull their pledges and smear the creator and all who play it. Use whichever word you want for the latter, it's going to mean the same thing to me as the words I used.

As for reality, I meant that in the sense above, I like fantasy too and find the best suspensions of disbelief are generated from circumstances where the other components reflect a common reality. In this instance I think the pretense demanded by some that other males be essentially castrated to make the MC look good to be inferior to one where the MC can rise above the competition and at least allow the possibility they can't have everything in their very first playthrough and/or that others might be capable of achieving something the MC wants. What satisfaction can be derived by being the 'winner' amongst a bunch of eunuchs? That's playing with the training wheels on in my opinion.

Thing is he can not and add a scene everyone would be happy with plus a scene 50% would be very happy with and 50% very unhappy ad infinitum, he just has so much time in a day, week, month or year. So he will make those choices for his own reasons and what he wants the game to be.
I wondered while responding to this post just how I got involved in this tangent and going back it appeared to me I myself generated it with what I intended as offhand comments. I've something of a caustic wit and that's pretty much all I meant by my original comments, which were essentially a delayed reaction to lurking this site for a couple years and not really anything you said, nor the creator, and having explained myself at length I'd rather just let it rest.

Last edited:

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Many mixed reality with games or novels or movies, they start saying "in reality..... doesn't happen this...." but in all the mentioned neither Orcs exist nor Elves (pity) neither humans with magic and firebolts or any other super natural power. Our world has a limit number of races and tribes nothing compare with sci-fi stories or movies. So it is odd to ask any writer to follow the reality. We usually buy a book looking the Title or reading a small summary in the end and as we read it we travel inside the story and imagination someone created. If we liked it we probably talk about it if not we will consider it waste of money and time. So best to leave outside the "reality" what any writer wants is to deliver to us his/her imagination and perhaps we would like it.

Writers need freedom to follow what their hearts and thoughts have created any story if the people would like it always depends to either of us. As for the example of "fires" I really didn't like it even if it was so touchy the story (besides in reality one would have saved both) and the criticism goes to the writer.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Happy that you guys are so passionate about it :)

Quick note: there will never be any NTR in this game. Sorry. It's a kinda third-rail at the moment, and since it's not my thing I'd do it badly. Bad guys might occasionally be lusting for your girls, but God will strike them down before they get beyond the drooling stage. With extreme prejudice.

It's an epic fantasy story, so it will have bad guys. I'm trying to keep those bad guys from being cardboard cutouts; I want the key ones to be people you can recognize are people you're worked with or studied with. Hopefully Thor wasn't clearly telegraphed as bad. Some of those will be clearly signaled, some only in retrospect. But several of the characters MC interacts with will end up being people he'll eventually end up fighting; politically or physically.

By his birth MC's kinda Marty Stuish; I try to mitigate that by giving him some flaws. Some of those play out mostly for fun (so far); he's blind as a bat, has the worst poker face ever, crappy luck at poker, etc. Some are lethally serious; he has anger issues, which Act IV spends a lot more time dealing with. It's a challenge to bring his legacu along, occasionally doing bad things, without feeling like I'm railroading the player. I don't know if I did it right with Sarah, it's something I'll likely re-play and look. But what happened to her need to happen, story-wise. And MC needed to be the one who did it, for his own growth.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Happy that you guys are so passionate about it :)

Quick note: there will never be any NTR in this game. Sorry. It's a kinda third-rail at the moment, and since it's not my thing I'd do it badly. Bad guys might occasionally be lusting for your girls, but God will strike them down before they get beyond the drooling stage. With extreme prejudice.

It's an epic fantasy story, so it will have bad guys. I'm trying to keep those bad guys from being cardboard cutouts; I want the key ones to be people you can recognize are people you're worked with or studied with. Hopefully Thor wasn't clearly telegraphed as bad. Some of those will be clearly signaled, some only in retrospect. But several of the characters MC interacts with will end up being people he'll eventually end up fighting; politically or physically.

By his birth MC's kinda Marty Stuish; I try to mitigate that by giving him some flaws. Some of those play out mostly for fun (so far); he's blind as a bat, has the worst poker face ever, crappy luck at poker, etc. Some are lethally serious; he has anger issues, which Act IV spends a lot more time dealing with. It's a challenge to bring his legacu along, occasionally doing bad things, without feeling like I'm railroading the player. I don't know if I did it right with Sarah, it's something I'll likely re-play and look. But what happened to her need to happen, story-wise. And MC needed to be the one who did it, for his own growth.
Story reasons are always the best reasons. :) It is your story even if we might agree or disagree sometimes or see a different way to do something, that does not matter it is your story and besides we could easily be wrong since we have not played the story till the end of book 3 anyway. Considering the Thor thingy, well when I do not self immerse I can actually see his point and why he acts like he does. Might be shortsighted and wrong (after all who says they are after the Court and not Asgard?) and not very noble and kinda betrayal of not only MC but especially Katie that he uses to reach his goal. Well that might not fit the marvel Thor, it does fit the one in your game. Also if remember my history on school our version of the Thunder god was actually not really known for his ability to think things through but more for reacting to them kind of primally.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Considering the Thor thingy, well when I do not self immerse I can actually see his point and why he acts like he does. Might be shortsighted and wrong (after all who says they are after the Court and not Asgard?) and not very noble and kinda betrayal of not only MC but especially Katie that he uses to reach his goal. Well that might not fit the marvel Thor, it does fit the one in your game. Also if remember my history on school our version of the Thunder god was actually not really known for his ability to think things through but more for reacting to them kind of primally.
I took this as Thor delivering an object lesson in one of the ugly realities of war. You know not everyone got evacuated in Operation Dynamo, a fair portion of the rearguard who held the line outside Dunkerque so everyone else could get away got ~4 years in a POW camp for their valor. There's the guy who said "I will return" when evacuating the PI and then there's the guys who got the Bataan death march instead. Sometimes someone has to hold the stinky end of the stick, and with End of All There Is on the line, Thor chose the MC for the honor. No, it's not noble, but sometime it's deemed necessary. I took it as Thor 'doing what he must' rather than what he wanted to, as per one of the quotes somewhere in the game. I too prefer developed antagonists rather than a simplistic Manichean good/evil morality axis.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I took this as Thor delivering an object lesson in one of the ugly realities of war. You know not everyone got evacuated in Operation Dynamo, a fair portion of the rearguard who held the line outside Dunkerque so everyone else could get away got ~4 years in a POW camp for their valor. There's the guy who said "I will return" when evacuating the PI and then there's the guys who got the Bataan death march instead. Sometimes someone has to hold the stinky end of the stick, and with End of All There Is on the line, Thor chose the MC for the honor. No, it's not noble, but sometime it's deemed necessary. I took it as Thor 'doing what he must' rather than what he wanted to, as per one of the quotes somewhere in the game. I too prefer developed antagonists rather than a simplistic Manichean good/evil morality axis.
Oh for sure he did what he thought was the right thing if not very noble and also betraying Katie badly in the meantime and definitely not having read her right, it just might not have been very well thought through. :p As befits the god of Thunder actually, rash to act and known for doing what he wants instead of should.

Proven by fact MC survived it, might not be wise to have someone who is being prepared to be a very strong power seriously pissed off at you. Also MC's daddy might be pissed off or if the master of the wild hunt is not his daddy but just someone interested in his growth he might have two major powers pissed off and even worse pissed off if he had succeeded. Thirdly if his assumption about the outsiders only being after one house or the weakest house is wrong, he might have destroyed someone very strong he easily could have made in a friend who now will be extremely unlikely to help him or his house in the future if they got into trouble

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes