Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Everyone loves a good "Eye of the Tiger" training montage!
Someone in discord made a training song, set to Mulan's of X singing to the Knights of the Lake, exhorting them to get stronger.

I just need to convince someone to sing it for me, and I'll make a music video of it :)

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Great Interview the background creates your image :)
I would say that from your way of acting you are definitely very humble and very active always ready to help and answer to anyone which creates the question when do you sleep :ROFLMAO: Also I haven't seen a developer to be so helpful and friendly with all.
Pascal very old language one of the firsts after ms-dos. What I wonder was why you have chosen Unity and not for example Unreal 4 or any other engine but I believe the answer is that you had it already :unsure:
I wish you all the best in your Life and may your dreams fulfilled.

p.s. I would love to be younger and been able to learn programs and tricks in order to make my book an open world game :ROFLMAO: now I just wonder with 48% death rate in my country with Corona if I will be here for the years to come :LOL: time for :coffee: and smoking hahahaha
p.s. 2 also this song would be great :LOL: with changes

• Love
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
What I wonder was why you have chosen Unity and not for example Unreal 4 or any other engine but I believe the answer is that you had it already :unsure:
Both Unity and Unreal have their pros and cons; Unreal's a stronger candidate if you're making a AAA game, it's got a better rendering pipeline, better streaming systems, actual world management, etc. It would be overkill for Love of Magic, and it comes with a higher setup cost, no support for HTML5 (Web), somewhat dubious Linux/Android support, and less support for integrations.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
View attachment 607998

Someone just reminded me... Happy Birthday, Molly. You're finally old enough to drink in the US.

Not that it stopped you before, of course.
The irrepressible Little Miss Yummycakes. So eminently spankable, but that didn't exactly work out as planned, perhaps he'll need to try again employing a different tactic? Good luck to him!

Molly became my favorite by the end of this last update, Emily just seems too nice for a game like this. I just feel like a crumb 'cheating' on her with, well, all and sundry. I don't play these games to celebrate monogamy nor break the hearts of innocents like her.

This became one of my favorite works-in-progress on this site, you have a wit and intelligence to your writing that puts it on a higher plane than the vast majority of games of this genre. I love the poker mechanic and how the gems interact with it, I've had a fun time replaying it trying various strategies. I've yet to decide which one I like best, though in terms of characters it seems once Bella is available I find her indispensable and I just don't think you can leave Dylan behind on higher levels, especially once he has regeneration. Molly and a high-end shield gem doesn't seem to replace him and frankly once you're battling Lords and Princes you need both Dylan and Molly (with a ~Shield6) unless you want to be sent home prematurely with your tail between your legs it appears.

Emily has no punch and Katie not much either even with the flawless fire gem as it can only be used once per trip, though I think once I got the impression she can 'recharge' it on a rest, but I only got that opportunity once and am unsure if it worked like that. Chloe doesn't measure up either, so eventually I can't talk myself out of always picking Belle, Dylan and Molly unless I want to handicap myself.

I'm glad I saw an indication that Sarah will return as I lost a fair amount of sympathy for the protagonist when he left her flopping around on the ground mind-broken, her tactics were reprehensible, but she didn't do it, she just threatened it, a rather impotent one as he pointed out. Dressing her down seemed all she really deserved, especially as he'd lied to her face about what was going on after she'd essentially stripped Emily naked and plopped her in his lap, he kinda owed her it seemed to me. I rather enjoyed Thor hammering that stick up his ass even though I figured it was a 'bad end' at the time and I'd mucked something up.

At any rate, kudos for the engrossing story and game and I look forward to future updates!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm glad I saw an indication that Sarah will return as I lost a fair amount of sympathy for the protagonist when he left her flopping around on the ground mind-broken, her tactics were reprehensible, but she didn't do it, she just threatened it, a rather impotent one as he pointed out. Dressing her down seemed all she really deserved, especially as he'd lied to her face about what was going on after she'd essentially stripped Emily naked and plopped her in his lap, he kinda owed her it seemed to me. I rather enjoyed Thor hammering that stick up his ass even though I figured it was a 'bad end' at the time and I'd mucked something up.
Fascinating, it didn't read like that for me. While she did plonk Emily down on your lap, it was much in the way of someone throwing you a live handgrenade to see what you'd do. The fact that she doesn't fully understand just *how* bad it could go doesn't excuse the fact that she thought it would be bad, and was looking forward to it. But I might not have communicated that as well as I should. It was *supposed* to be a bad idea. But it was meant to *feel* like a good idea ;) Anger and power remains one of the themes in Act IV, and something both Emily and X discusses with him.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Fascinating, it didn't read like that for me. While she did plonk Emily down on your lap, it was much in the way of someone throwing you a live handgrenade to see what you'd do. The fact that she doesn't fully understand just *how* bad it could go doesn't excuse the fact that she thought it would be bad, and was looking forward to it. But I might not have communicated that as well as I should. It was *supposed* to be a bad idea. But it was meant to *feel* like a good idea ;) Anger and power remains one of the themes in Act IV, and something both Emily and X discusses with him.
Well giving her less magic but breaking her pussy in, while being all hot and bothered by the magic she got, so she would be unable in her normal ways to get power might have been a better way to do that bad thing in the end with an option to make her need you since she still needs magic to stay young. :p

Considering the anger though it was quite clear from mentions by both of them I think both MC and Emily were aware of how dangerous the game Sarah played could be for them and likely we will see some fallout of that in act IV I suspect. Also remember that though MC is very strong, he is also still learning so easy to go overboard and not always easy for him to use right amount of power. Might have been wiser for Sarah to teach him some of that in the end instead of playing around with him. :p

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

Well obviously you know more about Sarah's motivations than I, but as I recall the internal dialogue(s) of the protagonist suggested to me he was entranced by the beauty and power of Emily from the moment he met her in the alley and was delighted by the homework assignments 'bathed in moonlight' and was perturbed when he lost her temporarily to Nimue's intervention and wanted nothing more than to reconcile with her.

Two people falling in love being a 'bad' idea while feeling like a 'good' idea to the hapless lovers is the basic plot of many of the most storied romances of literature and especially fantasy. Paris and Helen, Tristan and Isolde, Lancelot and Guinevere, Romeo and Juliet, Beren and Lúthien, etc. It didn't seem to me there's any reason for Our Hero to think poorly of Sarah for practically pressing their naked bodies together than he was grateful to Nimue for trying to break them up.

At any rate Sarah's hotter than Hades and if she had ulterior motives to create mishief that means she's been naughty and might be due a spanking, that's all to the good as far as I'm concerned, it makes her interesting. The mind-blowing just seemed excessive to me. Spanking and slut-shaming can be quite erotic if done well, mental incapacitation less so in my opinion.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well obviously you know more about Sarah's motivations than I, but as I recall the internal dialogue(s) of the protagonist suggested to me he was entranced by the beauty and power of Emily from the moment he met her in the alley and was delighted by the homework assignments 'bathed in moonlight' and was perturbed when he lost her temporarily to Nimue's intervention and wanted nothing more than to reconcile with her.

Two people falling in love being a 'bad' idea while feeling like a 'good' idea to the hapless lovers is the basic plot of many of the most storied romances of literature and especially fantasy. Paris and Helen, Tristan and Isolde, Lancelot and Guinevere, Romeo and Juliet, Beren and Lúthien, etc. It didn't seem to me there's any reason for Our Hero to think poorly of Sarah for practically pressing their naked bodies together than he was grateful to Nimue for trying to break them up.

At any rate Sarah's hotter than Hades and if she had ulterior motives to create mishief that means she's been naughty and might be due a spanking, that's all to the good as far as I'm concerned, it makes her interesting. The mind-blowing just seemed excessive to me. Spanking and slut-shaming can be quite erotic if done well, mental incapacitation less so in my opinion.
Only thing about this, is that both Emily and MC are aware that Sarah is not doing it out of the best of intentions and is actually out to hurt them on purpose or at least trying to get the upper hand on them. Remember Sarah is never ever just nice or even just sympathetic to either of them. She treats them as bothersome trash she has to spend time with against her wishes. :p

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Well giving her less magic but breaking her pussy in, while being all hot and bothered by the magic she got, so her normal ways to get power might have been a better way to do that bad thing in the end with an option to make her need you since she still needs magic to stay young.
I'm pretty sure even the lowest power setting you can give her(a pair) was still enough to turn her delirious, if not outright bonkers yet.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Only thing about this, is that both Emily and MC are aware that Sarah is not doing it out of the best of intentions and is actually out to hurt them on purpose or at least trying to get the upper hand on them. Remember Sarah is never ever just nice or even just sympathetic to either of them. She treats them as bothersome trash she has to spend time with against her wishes. :p
I just took that as something of an inter-service rivalry between the 'Thots' and the truly gifted evoker-types. Your description also fits how they (Thor, Katie and to a lesser extent Emily who didn't want to/didn't understand why she had to take Sarah's class) treated and referred to Molly and Sarah.

Reactions: DA22

vneotpolemus

Sep 22, 2019
If the MC was just a random evoker, then pairing him up with Emily could have put him in a lot of danger. New guy with no backing from any Powers 'insults' the King-in-Exile? Erec could probably behead them in the middle of the university without anyone so much as lifting a finger to stop him.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just took that as something of an inter-service rivalry between the 'Thots' and the truly gifted evoker-types. Your description also fits how they (Thor, Katie and to a lesser extent Emily who didn't want to/didn't understand why she had to take Sarah's class) treated and referred to Molly and Sarah.
True there is a bit of that going both sides and may well be the underlying reason of Sarah's behavior and annoyance with having to teach them. Still that does not mean she is making a friend of MC that way or is helping him. Hence why he reacts as he does and I do think he might have gone further as he intended ( I thought he just intended to teach her a lesson and not to break her mind. I might be wrong about that though and feel free to correct me Droid if so :p), but for those reasons does regret it less that he misjudged his power use as he might have done in another case.

Ullysse

Jun 26, 2017
For me Sarah was just a pawn in the hand of a Power. It was not her decision to make the young evokers follow a ceremonial magic course. And that Power knew very well that Sarah will play her game and put Emily and MC together. Emily may find about it but the MC is still too dimwit to put the clues together.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
So what we discuss now exactly? Sarah been the good Teacher and didn't deserve what MC has given to her? You know virginity is logical both for mind, soul and body till certain age after which it is badly complicating the effectiveness of the female brain. Once I had a friend she wanted to take her virginity while I had an affair with her sister... 25 still virgin and she couldn't think and understand what is good or bad :LOL: So Sarah age 90+ virgin sure her mind is damaged for her obsession to remain and look young. Messing with the Princess and blackmail her student wow the perfect kind of Teacher one which all of us would like to have for our kids :ROFLMAO: As MC calm reevaluated the circumstances he regrets a bit the punishment giving her more of that she wanted and couldn't handle :LOL: but in my book she deserved it :devilish: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

p.s.1 Damn the MC is really too good innocent kid to be true :) Emily is far more suspicious about the motives which some people have thanks to the Court.
p.s.2 Once when I was young the father of a friend told me that in our lives we have multiply Fathers, the one who gave us birth but also the teacher who cares about us or the manager in our job who try to help us or a good older friend so according to this all we think that the teachers care and try the best for our children (not like Sarah).

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
I really had enjoyed this game when I first played it months ago. Heard a lot of progress had been made so I checked it out again. Really like the way it is currently going. When I first tried the game out, I ran into a bunch of game breaking bugs. Happy to see that they have been resolved. The game feels really polished and I'm impressed.

Great job; I can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
When I first tried the game out, I ran into a bunch of game breaking bugs. Happy to see that they have been resolved. The game felt really polished and I'm impressed.
First release was just me and one play-tester, so.. bugs got through. There's still some, but there's now a thriving discord community that really helps me with play-testing, bug-reporting, typo checking and balancing the poker game. Deep at work with Act IV now, but probably 3 weeks hard work from the next release.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes