Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I don't know if im not doing something right or if this patch was a small one, but ive got the latest update and been playing it but aside from the bar stuff theres nothing else for me to do and no other storyline pushing and im on like day 85 or something like that now
The changed content is here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/love-of-magic-v0-3-24b-droid-productions.41188/page-72#post-3193811

The next update is Act IV (unless I do a pure bug-fix release before that, so far there appears to be nothing critical, but a few annoyances like the PokerUI slowdown)

Reactions: DrFree

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Curious how you can play after the event on the lake Day 54 ? at least to me the game ends :unsure:
If you load the savegame called "Act III end", that opens up at the lake. If you finished with 0.3.24b, you'll find Emily standing there, telling you it's okay to continue. If you finished with a previous version, she won't be there, but there's nothing stopping you from going back into the world and continuing.

When Act IV is ready, loading a savegame from beyond day 54 that hasn't played the start sequence will offer to rewind you back to the start sequence (but remembering all the other side-quests, stat increases etc), so you can continue to play from the beginning of Act IV again.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

One thing I've historically done is to have games within games for devs I've enjoyed interacting with online.
I've really loved hearing @LauraS stream, so I decided to duplicate that for Streamers as well. It's somewhat inception-like (the player is watching MC watching Laura watching MC talk to Dylan, about another game altogether), but I find it amusing, and her enthusiasm and love for Persona shines through really well.

Goes in for the next beta-release, together with the first Scene of Act IV.

BaelStriker

Feb 14, 2020

One thing I've historically done is to have games within games for devs I've enjoyed interacting with online.
I've really loved hearing @LauraS stream, so I decided to duplicate that for Streamers as well. It's somewhat inception-like (the player is watching MC watching Laura watching MC talk to Dylan, about another game altogether), but I find it amusing, and her enthusiasm and love for Persona shines through really well.

Goes in for the next beta-release, together with the first Scene of Act IV.
i was quite estatic when he started talking about persona i have played all but one of the persona 2's

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i was quite estatic when he started talking about persona i have played all but one of the persona 2's
Yeah, Persona 4 Golden was basically the only game I ever played on the Vita. I seem to remember I bought 2 or 3 games when I got the device, but this weird little RPG basically overwhelmed them to the point I forgot to even unwrap them.

Persona 5 was also amazing; I was worried they'd screw it up when I saw the videos, but it was everything it needed to be.

Both of them obviously had a huge impact on the game, and to a lesser extent on the characters (though that was mostly subconsciously... it's only once I started adding in the Persona references I noticed how closely they align, at least across some lines)

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

BaelStriker

Feb 14, 2020
Yeah, Persona 4 Golden was basically the only game I ever played on the Vita. I seem to remember I bought 2 or 3 games when I got the device, but this weird little RPG basically overwhelmed them to the point I forgot to even unwrap them.

Persona 5 was also amazing; I was worried they'd screw it up when I saw the videos, but it was everything it needed to be.

Both of them obviously had a huge impact on the game, and to a lesser extent on the characters (though that was mostly subconsciously... it's only once I started adding in the Persona references I noticed how closely they align, at least across some lines)
persona 3 was my first experience with the persona series and boy did i get hooked i ended up playing the heck out of p4 as well personally enjoyed rise's character quite a bit also the chie yukiko dynamic was nice how they had that love hate relationship without wanting to admit it making them closer in the end / another series I ended up getting into was the Ar Tonelico 1-2 made me replay them quite a few times doing the multiple routes

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
hi, the renders of your game look amazing and im saddened that ive been unable to play it! that brings me to my question, my laptop is an older model and its stuck at a set screen resolution so each time ive downloaded and tried to play your game i get an error saying that windows is unable to run the program because the screen resolution couldnt be changed to fit my screen or something similar to that (im paraphrasing cause i dont recall exactly what it said). is there any way to work around this? if not would it be too much to ask for a possible lower quality version or something that would be comparable with lower end hardware? (if not its cool. just thought id ask cause ya never know till ya ask!)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
hi, the renders of your game look amazing and im saddened that ive been unable to play it! that brings me to my question, my laptop is an older model and its stuck at a set screen resolution so each time ive downloaded and tried to play your game i get an error saying that windows is unable to run the program because the screen resolution couldnt be changed to fit my screen or something similar to that (im paraphrasing cause i dont recall exactly what it said). is there any way to work around this? if not would it be too much to ask for a possible lower quality version or something that would be comparable with lower end hardware? (if not its cool. just thought id ask cause ya never know till ya ask!)
That's curious. What's the model of the computer, let's see if I can work out what's going on.

mooneggs

Apr 23, 2018
hey dev, great game..... molly stopping working for me when using her in the portal. her dialog triggers but i cant do anything after that.
i was hoping it was just a fluke, but as the game ends the next day i couldnt test it.
shes OP for my build and i hope it isnt a bug, just wanted to let you know.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
hey dev, great game..... molly stopping working for me when using her in the portal. her dialog triggers but i cant do anything after that.
i was hoping it was just a fluke, but as the game ends the next day i couldnt test it.
shes OP for my build and i hope it isnt a bug, just wanted to let you know.
There's a game + mode; just load the end of act III auto save, and talk to Emily at the beach to continue. When act IV is ready, and you load a save game after the end of act III, it'll ask you if you want to rewind and continue, with stats and side quests intact

Reactions: DA22

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
That's curious. What's the model of the computer, let's see if I can work out what's going on.
its a really old toshiba netbook! thus the low end computer thing! LOL

Do you get the same error if you turn on the "Windowed" checkbox next to the resolution dropdown?
unfortunately, my machine is so old/low end that my only resolution options are 1024 x 600 (current resolution) or 800 x 600. havent tried changing my screen to the 800 x 600 but in 1024 x 600 i receive the error when trying to load the game.
if you mean theres a window that opens containing loading options like how some games let you choose graphics quality and "fullscreen" or "windowded" options.... yeah i dont even get anything like that to open. i click the games .exe file and it just gives me the error right away!

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
its a really old toshiba netbook! thus the low end computer thing! LOL

unfortunately, my machine is so old/low end that my only resolution options are 1024 x 600 (current resolution) or 800 x 600. havent tried changing my screen to the 800 x 600 but in 1024 x 600 i receive the error when trying to load the game.
if you mean theres a window that opens containing loading options like how some games let you choose graphics quality and "fullscreen" or "windowded" options.... yeah i dont even get anything like that to open. i click the games .exe file and it just gives me the error right away!
Ouch. If you have the savegame folder, could you pass it to me? I'll see if I can puzzle out where it goes wrong.
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

Just zip up that whole folder, and I'll deal with it.

Reactions: Brother Lui
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes