Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So yeah, I did finish the chapter and ...
- I made a script that just clicked on the same place all the time and it was enough to beat the big fight. This really needs to be changed to have some depth, right now it was just a sad loss of time, no need to time your followers or anything :/

- There was no auto save after I ended the chapter, which means I have to redo everything AGAIN :/
That's... weird. It's supposed to auto-end in 6 rounds (as it does it's flame attack). Could you get me your log file / savegame for that?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you get stuck at the first day like me just go to debug (CTRL+J) then add the flag in_crow as IN_CROW it'll solve the issue for ya
Where do you get stuck? Could you get me a savegame / log file for that?

Just zip up this folder and I'll have a look:
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The startup movie does not respect the in-game volume settings and is ear-bleedingly loud
Thanks, I'll have a look. I re-rendered it with volume taken down 50%, but it still seems a bit loud for some people. And obviously it should respect the Music slider.

Gregorif

Mar 19, 2018
As stated, the game did not save, so I dont know what I could send you (if you tell me a specific file I will send it to you in private)
I will also state that the version is love_of_magic_0_4_5b_pc in case that matters (downloaded from the Mega link in this thread)

The fight did end at some point, however I do not know exactly when : again as stated, i made a script that just send Emily's attack and clicked the Auto button on card, since I was invincible, and went to do the dishes. I came back after the explosion sounds stopped for a while, and it was the ending cinematic.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You wouldn't believe just how ambitious the Dev is for this project. Off the top of my head I think I recall him posting he plans five or six acts for this 'book' and intends for the entire epic to be something like three 'books' total. So at the end of act four, book one we're hardly a quarter or so into it.
3 books. The Crown. The War. The Return.
Each book is ~5 acts. The Crown ends next act, in Act V : What was Promised.

The War starts as a new exe/download (to keep sizes contained, and stop me from breaking stuff in Act I while editing stuff in Act VII. When the Crown is done / bug-fixed, for free. Feel free to wish list it there (it'll make the algorithms happy, and might give it more visibility at launch, though Steam doesn't allow anyone to leave a review before launch).

Apart from that, thanks for all the reports, they help me make a better game in the end. I've had an absolutely amazing bunch on helpers on Discord, so this game has had far better QA than any release before. But even so, bugs creep in, and need to be stomped. If you find one, the easiest way to help me repro it is to zip up your savegame folder (which contains the savegames and log files) and either PM me or attach it to this thread, with some info on how you triggered it. Save games are located:

Windows
%USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions\Love of Magic

OSX
~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Linux
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Thanks, everyone.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As stated, the game did not save, so I dont know what I could send you (if you tell me a specific file I will send it to you in private)
I will also state that the version is love_of_magic_0_4_5b_pc in case that matters (downloaded from the Mega link in this thread)

The fight did end at some point, however I do not know exactly when : again as stated, i made a script that just send Emily's attack and clicked the Auto button on card, since I was invincible, and went to do the dishes. I came back after the explosion sounds stopped for a while, and it was the ending cinematic.
Mostly I'm looking for the Log file in that situation; it'll hopefully tell me why the dialog didn't trigger correctly. That battle is supposed to be interrupted by dialog at turn 1, 2, 4 and finally 6, after which the battle ends. The Log file will hopefully have some clues as to why one of those failed to trigger.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just downloaded and installed the new update and immediately like 15 files gots tagged by Norton as a threat. So that may be something to look into. I restored them all. Just thought people should know.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I don't have Norton installed, but anyone who has it can report a false positive

Gregorif

Mar 19, 2018
I want to ask something before downloading the game. Are the animations good?
The animations are in a style that fit the characters rendering, which makes them good :) No stiff bodies or such, it feels natural

Mostly I'm looking for the Log file in that situation; it'll hopefully tell me why the dialog didn't trigger correctly. That battle is supposed to be interrupted by dialog at turn 1, 2, 4 and finally 6, after which the battle ends. The Log file will hopefully have some clues as to why one of those failed to trigger.
I sent you the ZIP in a private message :)

LOD6

Oct 7, 2018
I am really hooked on this game and its story, deifnately one of my favourites on here. I just feel bad since I cant help on patreon yet, due to not having worked for half a year and savings running out. Hopefully I will be starting my new job on June 1st, and then I will be sure to support you when I get my first pay check. Just wondering what the approximate time frame on releases are?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I am really hooked on this game and its story, deifnately one of my favourites on here. I just feel bad since I cant help on patreon yet, due to not having worked for half a year and savings running out. Hopefully I will be starting my new job on June 1st, and then I will be sure to support you when I get my first pay check. Just wondering what the approximate time frame on releases are?
Dude, take care of yourself and your family first, those are important, this is just a game. Sorry to hear about your job loss, and with the world going crazy it's a hard time to be there. Hopefully it all gets better in June.

As for releases; the big story acts usually take me 5-6 weeks to do, working hard at them. The smaller Quality of Life updates (which add little events around the edge, but don't advance the end of the story) usually take ~2-3 weeks. I'll be working on that now; any bug fixes, small improvements to Poker, side-quests (Divine Coffee, for certain. Probably another Chloe side-quest, some more slice of life events, another 1-2 elsewhere events, and some more events at the Crowley). These will be playable throughout Book I, and hopefully leads to the feeling that (by the time the book is complete), there's a big living world out there to explore.

After that I'll start work on Act V: What Was Promised, which closes the threads of the Crown and sets up the next book.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Thanks, I'll have a look. I re-rendered it with volume taken down 50%, but it still seems a bit loud for some people. And obviously it should respect the Music slider.

I wonder if the ultimate cause is that some of us play with our headphones on? If I didn't have them on it would probably come out of those crummy little speakers at just the right volume, but with them on it was deafening in one ear. I might not have noticed any change as now being somewhat gunshy I now tend to start the game with headphones off.

This is a very common problem with many of the games on this site.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I wonder if the ultimate cause is that some of us play with our headphones on? If I didn't have them on it would probably come out of those crummy little speakers at just the right volume, but with them on it was deafening in one ear. I might not have noticed any change as now being somewhat gunshy I now tend to start the game with headphones off.

This is a very common problem with many of the games on this site.
Entirely possible. There's actually a variety of things happening here.

1. Volume is too loud. Bad dev, no cookie. I should probably redo that as something that's less epic and less damaging to the ear-drums. As an added benefit, that would reduce the effect of ...

2. The stutter; the game is actually loading at the same time (you notice about halfway through that splash screen the worlds Loading disappear, and you can click to skip the rest of the video; that's the point where it's done loading all the assets). Likely on some systems, that loading is heavier than the system can deal with *and* at the same time keep the video rendering smoothly.

3. The sound is only in on channel; that appears to be a problem throughout, probably something I messed up in my audio code. The video itself has stereo audio, so that's likely a technical issue.

4. Some of the videos are not respecting the audio level. This came down to me setting the volume slider on android actually soft-locking the game. This was Saturday night, after a day of banging my head against the android build, so I just commented it out. Now I need to go back and see *why* its breaking.

View attachment opening_logo.mp4

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have gone to the glade for sword training, but now can't seem to go back to the Crowly. Anyone know how to exit the Glade? Fast travel only has the Glade and Gate.

UPDATE: I found the exit. Have to hit around a cloud in the upper left hand corner.
What resolution are you playing on? Sounds like the exit button isn't properly respecting the aspect ratio change.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I will say I guess my one criticism is that there seemed almost no time or reason to do anything in Elsewhere training up your stats and fighting stuff. The three forced encounters we had were a Minotaur Lord who was nothing, A robot you could talk your way around and something covered in Plot Armor.

It's not exactly that I wanted a huge amount of wasted time or anything, but it would have been wasteful to do anything but Sword training in the morning.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I will say I guess my one criticism is that there seemed almost no time or reason to do anything in Elsewhere training up your stats and fighting stuff. The three forced encounters we had were a Minotaur Lord who was nothing, A robot you could talk your way around and something covered in Plot Armor.

It's not exactly that I wanted a huge amount of wasted time or anything, but it would have been wasteful to do anything but Sword training in the morning.
There's also an event at a shrine in Elsewhere, once your sword skill is above 15, and you bring Emily. But usually the big Acts don't add a lot of ambient event, I'm too focused on driving the central story-line. Then I'll do another update with more focus on Elsewhere and slice of life.

Reactions: kaneeden

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Just finished v0.4.5b. Great update. The only issue I ran into was that it seems like the drop rate on regular ingredients is too low. Other than the days that I trained sword fighting, I hunted in elsewhere every day that it was possible to do so and ended the game with a total of less than 40 ingredients having never sold any so it wasn't possible to get the perfect gem with them.

I have gotten enough in previous playthroughs so maybe I just got unlucky. I also had Bella along with me most of the time once she became available and took every opportunity to use her help when looking for treasure and also to grab the 5 extra moves from the camp fire.

As far as balance, I think the Minotaur princes may have been buffed up too much. That automatic rage boost they get builds up so fast that for me at least they were entirely unkillable. That was the only opponent I couldn't beat. I had around 50 strength, intelligence, and charisma as well as 20 swordsmanship by the end and still couldn't kill them.

Unlike in previous versions I found Dylan to be quite useful in the latest version since shields no longer block poison. For the same reason I found Poison to be the most reliable means of dealing damage since nothing seems to be immune to it, it cuts through shields, and it's not affected by the damage reduction from ice either.

I found Katie less useful than before due to immunities. Bella was pretty much a permanent member of the team once I got access to her. Other than using her to upgrade Dylan, I still didn't find Emily to be as strong as some of the others but that may just be my choice of gems.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
I can't wait till the end of the game to see how greater will be !!! as till now you push forward leveling the phases of the game in every upgrade either is on the central story path or on the side small detailed events. The game with the last few updates have gained more story, more events, side quests, and an amazing leveling with the videos and all the rest. So I can't help my self on wondering how the End game would look :love:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes