Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I feel kind of bad about Erec.

He was a pompous ass, but he went out without any sort of redemption, all because MC was caught up the prophecy and sorcerer shenanigans. Would have liked for him to have a death bed moment with Emily or something.

Well, his last words were "Goddamned fool. If a half-trained Evoker could deal with it, why would I call on the Lords of the Fae. This is more than you can handle. If you care for my daughter, get her out of here. I'll deal with you later." So, he did care for her, in the end.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Can I ask why did MC start talking about his broken link to someone he had just said, doesn't trust?
I mean, I get telling him about Torman, but why in the hell would he also mention the thing that should've killed him?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Sorry for late reply. Just got back here. Like what you said, I cant click her or go anywhere after that last dialogue. Here the save folder. Thx again for the fast reply Dev Droid.
Not sure if this is your issue but I have had that happen when I changed the difficulty for the game instead of leaving it at the default setting. I didn't try that on the latest version to see if it was still a problem.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sorry for late reply. Just got back here. Like what you said, I cant click her or go anywhere after that last dialogue. Here the save folder. Thx again for the fast reply Dev Droid.
Woha, that's a long battle #1 :) It's supposed to be over in 4-5 moves, max.

I *think* this is the same bug some people are having with the Dragon, where a "trigger on round X" action isn't triggering correctly if the minotaur has discarded or gotten stunned. I'm adding a systemic fix for that now, I'll hopefully upload a new version with various bug-fixes tonight or tomorrow. If you load last auto-save (load -> last autosave), and do the fight again, does that work.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Huh... YOu actually get the choice to tell your teacher about your father being the Horned God or not. I went with not telling him at first.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Whoa, that's a long battle #1 :) It's supposed to be over in 4-5 moves, max.

I *think* this is the same bug some people are having with the Dragon, where a "trigger on round X" action isn't triggering correctly if the minotaur has discarded or gotten stunned. I'm adding a systemic fix for that now, I'll hopefully upload a new version with various bug-fixes tonight or tomorrow. If you load last auto-save (load -> last auto-save), and do the fight again, does that work.
Ok that's it you are banned from writing any more Virtual Novels. It should be a mortal offense to write something so well that no matter who you are there is no escaping your heart strings being ripped from your heart..... ;)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I've been wanting to try a rage cluster build, but cluster gems can't be bought which makes it hard to fill the slots. They don't drop very often either.

Is there a reason its not sold by the wheelchair?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've been wanting to try a rage cluster build, but cluster gems can't be bought which makes it hard to fill the slots. They don't drop very often either.

Is there a reason its not sold by the wheelchair?
Haven't had time; an improved shop is one of the things I want to do for IV+. I've been nose to the grindstone on the story section for the last 5 weeks :)

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Droid Productions Also if there is a way to incorporate an actual save feature into the game whereby no matter where you are in the game or dialogue you can save that would be awesome. As in this 2nd play-through I have not saved once and tbh I am afraid that IF I quit I will not get back to where I am at now without having to have my strings ripped out again.

Woolgrief

May 20, 2017
Woha, that's a long battle #1 :) It's supposed to be over in 4-5 moves, max.

I *think* this is the same bug some people are having with the Dragon, where a "trigger on round X" action isn't triggering correctly if the minotaur has discarded or gotten stunned. I'm adding a systemic fix for that now, I'll hopefully upload a new version with various bug-fixes tonight or tomorrow. If you load last auto-save (load -> last autosave), and do the fight again, does that work.
Ok. Ill try that later. Thx.\\

• Love

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions Also if there is a way to incorporate an actual save feature into the game whereby no matter where you are in the game or dialogue you can save that would be awesome. As in this 2nd play-through I have not saved once and tbh I am afraid that IF I quit I will not get back to where I am at now without having to have my strings ripped out again.
Saving *anywhere* would add too many ways to break the dialog engine. I'm working on some fixes.

1. It *should* save before each conversation. I accidentally broke that because I was busy adding a new feature;
2. It will save automatically at the beginning of each day. I'm still tinkering with the layout for this, but basically each day, at the beginning of the day, it'll grab an automated snapshot and save it as dayxx.sav, then provide a calender option to jump backwards.

1588572121666.png

Reactions: DrFree

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
Huh... YOu actually get the choice to tell your teacher about your father being the Horned God or not. I went with not telling him at first.
Did that change anything? I went with telling him and because I don't have the any auto-saves or regular saves before I hit the end I haven't gotten to play through it again.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Saving *anywhere* would add too many ways to break the dialog engine. I'm working on some fixes.

1. It *should* save before each conversation. I accidentally broke that because I was busy adding a new feature;
2. It will save automatically at the beginning of each day. I'm still tinkering with the layout for this, but basically each day, at the beginning of the day, it'll grab an automated snapshot and save it as dayxx.sav, then provide a calender option to jump backwards.

View attachment 644006
Oh ok cuz right now after going back to the main menu from the end of IV and loading from the auto-save, you start at the clearing just inside Elsewhere and have to talk to Emily again to start the WHOLE THING ( ;) ) all over again

• Sad

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
So yeah, I did finish the chapter and ...
- I made a script that just clicked on the same place all the time and it was enough to beat the big fight. This really needs to be changed to have some depth, right now it was just a sad loss of time, no need to time your followers or anything :/

- There was no auto save after I ended the chapter, which means I have to redo everything AGAIN :/
you're not supposed to beat it..
Great update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I laughed at Molly having the coffee shop music to guide her. We need top stop going easy on her when we're "rewarding" her. ;-)

The fight against the golem from our Schwartalf pervert can't be lost. Your HP can't get below 1. Don't know if that's intended. The fight also revealed the weakness of my pure lightning build. With out someone to provide extra damage (Bella/Katie/Kitsune) and some for sustain (Emilie/Dylan) you run out of steam easily.
pure something builds in the long run aren't the best.... try rage+lightning+poison
Spoilers please, not everyone has played yet. :)
you should have by now
is this including a video?
6-8 hours is the time it took one of the beta-testers to completet the current version

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So chapter 5 later tonight, right Droid Productions ? No, of course, you need some time for polishing, tomorrow work for you? :p
Sadly, doing Act IV in 5 weeks required giving up on minor things like sleep. Corona-chan kept me cooped up, but it was still a push. I'm doing a build now for Discord / Steam, mostly small stuff (adding guards so dragon fight can't draw out, fixing the volume on the opening screen, etc). I'll probably do one more internal build, looking at a few remaining bugs reported in the forum, then do an update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After that I'll focus on IV+, adding more Elsewhere, Crowley and Slice of Life events. As well as Divine Coffee, the last event of the Black Rose trilogy.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes