Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just finished v0.4.5b. Great update. The only issue I ran into was that it seems like the drop rate on regular ingredients is too low. Other than the days that I trained sword fighting, I hunted in elsewhere every day that it was possible to do so and ended the game with a total of less than 40 ingredients having never sold any so it wasn't possible to get the perfect gem with them.

I have gotten enough in previous playthroughs so maybe I just got unlucky. I also had Bella along with me most of the time once she became available and took every opportunity to use her help when looking for treasure and also to grab the 5 extra moves from the camp fire.

As far as balance, I think the Minotaur princes may have been buffed up too much. That automatic rage boost they get builds up so fast that for me at least they were entirely unkillable. That was the only opponent I couldn't beat. I had around 50 strength, intelligence, and charisma as well as 20 swordsmanship by the end and still couldn't kill them.

Unlike in previous versions I found Dylan to be quite useful in the latest version since shields no longer block poison. For the same reason I found Poison to be the most reliable means of dealing damage since nothing seems to be immune to it, it cuts through shields, and it's not affected by the damage reduction from ice either.

I found Katie less useful than before due to immunities. Bella was pretty much a permanent member of the team once I got access to her. Other than using her to upgrade Dylan, I still didn't find Emily to be as strong as some of the others but that may just be my choice of gems.
I think in general the choice of a poison heavy deck puts you at disadvantage against the raging enemies (demons and minotaur princes), because they tend to aggro very quickly. If you don't kill them by end of board 1, board 2 is going to be messy.

Dylan's actually a bit OP once Emily teaches him the regen ability, since it heals a percentage of your health (and as such scales with your strength).

Apart from that, you can also load the end of act IV save-game, and continue playing in Game+ mode (so no story events triggering, but you have unlimited days), which retains Emily's new attack and Bella's new reusable crossbow bolt.

Reactions: khumak

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
[...]The only issue I ran into was that it seems like the drop rate on regular ingredients is too low.[...]Bella was pretty much a permanent member of the team once I got access to her.[...]
You got the solution almost by yourself. Try to use Bellas special ability on treasures and you should see an significant increase on your looted ingredients (she can get 3 regular ingredients in one try if you are lucky, otherwiese less regular ones and special ingredients).

Reactions: Droid Productions

Woolgrief

May 20, 2017
Hello guys. Im just download this game and start to playing it like 10 ago but got stuck at the tutorial fight with minotaur. I did finish fighting him but after that, got stuck after the dialog with the lady knight. Can anyone tell how to fix this ?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You got the solution almost by yourself. Try to use Bellas special ability on treasures and you should see an significant increase on your looted ingredients (she can get 3 regular ingredients in one try if you are lucky, otherwiese less regular ones and special ingredients).
That's actually why I mentioned that it seemed like the drop rate was too low. I DID use Bella on almost every mission and always used her when looking for treasure and still ended up with less than 40 ingredients. Maybe I just got unlucky. Will have to try another playthrough and see.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hello guys. Im just download this game and start to playing it like 10 ago but got stuck at the tutorial fight with minotaur. I did finish fighting him but after that, got stuck after the dialog with the lady knight. Can anyone tell how to fix this ?
You need to go back to the Crowley, shower off the bits of Minotaur still stuck to you.

Reactions: DrFree

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
This is kind of funny. Weeks after deleting my first play-through, I re-downloaded it to play some more. 2 Days after that, new version with Act IV is up. Just my luck, lol.
Can't wait to try it out Droid!
And thanks for your answer to my previous post. I didn't want to tag you unnecessarily.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
There's also an event at a shrine in Elsewhere, once your sword skill is above 15, and you bring Emily. But usually the big Acts don't add a lot of ambient event, I'm too focused on driving the central story-line. Then I'll do another update with more focus on Elsewhere and slice of life.
Yeah, I found it, it was also fitting I found it after she had brought up the character involved.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Just finished v0.4.5b. Great update. The only issue I ran into was that it seems like the drop rate on regular ingredients is too low. Other than the days that I trained sword fighting, I hunted in elsewhere every day that it was possible to do so and ended the game with a total of less than 40 ingredients having never sold any so it wasn't possible to get the perfect gem with them.

I have gotten enough in previous playthroughs so maybe I just got unlucky. I also had Bella along with me most of the time once she became available and took every opportunity to use her help when looking for treasure and also to grab the 5 extra moves from the camp fire.
I've had that happen as well, two of my last ~eight complete runs I've been unable to obtain 50 ingredients by day 53 or so despite making it a top priority by ensuring I had Bella available on the morning of the 24th and 'scouting' as much as I can without wasting moves etc. I think it might help if Shrines were a little more generous.

As far as balance, I think the Minotaur princes may have been buffed up too much. That automatic rage boost they get builds up so fast that for me at least they were entirely unkillable. That was the only opponent I couldn't beat. I had around 50 strength, intelligence, and charisma as well as 20 swordsmanship by the end and still couldn't kill them.
Molly + Chloe + Lightning 7 on 4-of-a-Kind can solve all your higher level Daemon/Minotaur problems. Odds are they'll never even get an attack in if your INT is ~30+. Have Chloe 'Spawn Joker' and use Molly's Jokers to keep him crispy-fried with the L-7 on 4-of-a-Kind while Chloe does 'Gain Joker' (even if you've three Jokers already) and you use new draws that 'fit' while Molly recharges.

Unlike in previous versions I found Dylan to be quite useful in the latest version since shields no longer block poison. For the same reason I found Poison to be the most reliable means of dealing damage since nothing seems to be immune to it, it cuts through shields, and it's not affected by the damage reduction from ice either.
I like Poison too; I usually have a Poison-7 on Straight Flush/Five-of-a-Kind until I get the Power Up and it gets nudged to Royal Flush. I often will have a Poison-5 on Flush until I get a Rage-5.

I found Katie less useful than before due to immunities. Bella was pretty much a permanent member of the team once I got access to her. Other than using her to upgrade Dylan, I still didn't find Emily to be as strong as some of the others but that may just be my choice of gems.
I find Katie to be obsolete by turn 24, which usually happens to be right as I get her the Flawless Fire gem which I've never been able to recharge on a Rest. Either I don't get the dialogue box at all on the Rest or the one time I did get it I found it didn't work in the next battle.

Reactions: khumak

LOD6

Oct 7, 2018
Dude, take care of yourself and your family first, those are important, this is just a game. Sorry to hear about your job loss, and with the world going crazy it's a hard time to be there. Hopefully it all gets better in June.
Don't worry about me too much, no dependants or anything like that. It was partially self inflicted, I worked in Korea for few years, when last contract ended decided to come back home and see friends and fam, but was hoping to be back over there beginning of March, which did not happen lol. Hopefully back there soon though and will be back on my feet shortly after. I just like to support creators, especially when it is a game I get lost in and I can see how much care and effort they have put in. Had to cancel other creators I had on patreon other month, and just feel bad about it haha. End of the day, your game is amazing and I will support you when I can. Sorry for the ramble, had couple drinks with my mum lol

kaneeden

May 10, 2019
something is really strange with the music volume slider, even at 1% i need to downscale it through win settings even further. it really is A BIT TOO LOUD .. WHAT ? NO ..no onboard .. soundblaster Z ...

ravendarklock

Jun 30, 2019
Actually I have found that using Emily, Katie, and Molly is the optimal team for me. I went to Elsewhere again and again, got 50 special, and 50 regular ingredients, all stored up, when I handed them over to Chloe, I got the BIG damage gem, went to the quartermaster, and got a special match 7 Flawless fire gem for Katie. Using the shield on the two of a kind, flush, and straight worked best, as I kept getting those. Molly kept me in Jokers, which kept my hands consistently high, and with Emily aiding my own buffing, Katie nuking everything, and Molly giving me the punch I needed, none of the enemies were a problem. I LOVE THIS GAME!!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
something is really strange with the music volume slider, even at 1% i need to downscale it through win settings even further. it really is A BIT TOO LOUD .. WHAT ? NO ..no onboard .. soundblaster Z ...
Videos and particle effects use a different audio-path, that doesn't respect volume; I need to sit down and sort out why that is happening.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Molly + Chloe + Lightning 7 on 4-of-a-Kind can solve all your higher level Daemon/Minotaur problems. Odds are they'll never even get an attack in if your INT is ~30+. Have Chloe 'Spawn Joker' and use Molly's Jokers to keep him crispy-fried with the L-7 on 4-of-a-Kind while Chloe does 'Gain Joker' (even if you've three Jokers already) and you use new draws that 'fit' while Molly recharges.
Lightning is the only damage type I didn't do much with this playthrough, will have to give it a shot. It does look like it was upgraded a bit since the last time I tried. I also had bad luck on gem drops and got zero gems above level 5 in elsewhere except fire and ice. I must have gotten like 15 level 8 fire gems but nothing else.

I like Poison too; I usually have a Poison-7 on Straight Flush/Five-of-a-Kind until I get the Power Up and it gets nudged to Royal Flush. I often will have a Poison-5 on Flush until I get a Rage-5.
Yeah I played around quite a bit with both rage and poison. I could see rage being strong if you had enough of it but since it's blocked by shield and also by ice, I had better luck overall with poison although I didn't try going pure rage. It sounds like some of the bigger monsters it might be better to go all out offense and try to kill before the first board reset which is the opposite of the way I'm used to playing when shields were stronger.

I find Katie to be obsolete by turn 24, which usually happens to be right as I get her the Flawless Fire gem which I've never been able to recharge on a Rest. Either I don't get the dialogue box at all on the Rest or the one time I did get it I found it didn't work in the next battle.
Yeah I felt obligated to give her the fire gem but as soon as I get Bella I don't use Katie anymore. Bella's poison is not quite as strong on a per cast basis as Katie's big fire gem but it's reusable so overall it's far superior. Plus I seem to get a lot of fire elementals which Katie is basically useless against. I never really use the 2 oriental girls because I always feel like I need both Bella and Molly which means I only have a spot for 1 more.

I can't figure out what the boost you're supposed to get from talking to people while resting does. Other than Dylan's permanent upgrade with Emily present or Bella's 5 move boost I haven't noticed any change whatsoever in anyone's combat abilities after talking to them when resting. So those are the only 2 rest options I bother to do. Some of them do get a permanent boost to their abilities after a certain point but I think that's automatic after a certain day.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Lightning is the only damage type I didn't do much with this playthrough, will have to give it a shot. It does look like it was upgraded a bit since the last time I tried. I also had bad luck on gem drops and got zero gems above level 5 in elsewhere except fire and ice. I must have gotten like 15 level 8 fire gems but nothing else.
Lower level Lightning gems got a little boost, the higher ones a little nerf but since INT now affects secondary characteristics the end result is an upgrade. L-1s are now the gem of choice for the lower levels, two hits and you stun for a turn allowing you to control the board clears.

I hear you on 'gem-drop' luck, one playthrough I must have gotten a dozen Piercing-7s but nothing more than a five that I didn't buy myself. I had a long drought where I couldn't get a Fire-8 and for a while wondered if they were no longer available in the betas. I kind of like how that can force me to adapt my strategy but sometimes it makes me feel like 'I'm being repressed!' (sic)

Yeah I played around quite a bit with both rage and poison. I could see rage being strong if you had enough of it but since it's blocked by shield and also by ice, I had better luck overall with poison although I didn't try going pure rage. It sounds like some of the bigger monsters it might be better to go all out offense and try to kill before the first board reset which is the opposite of the way I'm used to playing when shields were stronger.
I think it's the cumulative effect that makes Rage strong, not just one dose early. For anything capable of lasting to the board clear Snowdrop's buttplug (the Rage-7 you get for killing her Daemon tormentor) and Molly's Jokers take care of in short order on Five-of-a-Kind. An added benefit of the Blitzkrieg strategy I described last post is pretty much everything on the sides will be Jokers so you hit lots of Five-of-a-Kinds.

Yeah I felt obligated to give her the fire gem but as soon as I get Bella I don't use Katie anymore. Bella's poison is not quite as strong on a per cast basis as Katie's big fire gem but it's reusable so overall it's far superior. Plus I seem to get a lot of fire elementals which Katie is basically useless against. I never really use the 2 oriental girls because I always feel like I need both Bella and Molly which means I only have a spot for 1 more.
That's pretty much my analysis as well. For excitement, try Chloe and a Shield-3 on trips if you can find one. Bella's passive power will slowly turn damaged shields into HP if you take a hit because of poor luck on the draws, but for the most part you won't ever take a hit your shields can't hold--and many combats the enemy won't even get an attack.

I can't figure out what the boost you're supposed to get from talking to people while resting does. Other than Dylan's permanent upgrade with Emily present or Bella's 5 move boost I haven't noticed any change whatsoever in anyone's combat abilities after talking to them when resting. So those are the only 2 rest options I bother to do. Some of them do get a permanent boost to their abilities after a certain point but I think that's automatic after a certain day.
I've not noticed any difference either, though there's a sweet little scene with Emily it sounds like you've missed.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I feel kind of bad about Erec.

He was a pompous ass, but he went out without any sort of redemption, all because MC was caught up the prophecy and sorcerer shenanigans. Would have liked for him to have a death bed moment with Emily or something.

Reactions: Gunner Rey
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes