DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sadly, doing Act IV in 5 weeks required giving up on minor things like sleep. Corona-chan kept me cooped up, but it was still a push. I'm doing a build now for Discord / Steam, mostly small stuff (adding guards so dragon fight can't draw out, fixing the volume on the opening screen, etc). I'll probably do one more internal build, looking at a few remaining bugs reported in the forum, then do an update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After that I'll focus on IV+, adding more Elsewhere, Crowley and Slice of Life events. As well as Divine Coffee, the last event of the Black Rose trilogy.
Remember to take a break once in a while and some sleep :p, corona chan does love people who do not look after themselves. :)

When wil 0.46 be uploaded here or will you wait for a later version, I was kinda busy yesterday so had no time yet to play, so might as well play the fixed version. :p

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Remember to take a break once in a while and some sleep :p, corona chan does love people who do not look after themselves. :)

When wil 0.46 be uploaded here or will you wait for a later version, I was kinda busy yesterday so had no time yet to play, so might as well play the fixed version. :p
0.4.6 won't be, I don't think. There's still some small stuff I want to fix, so it'll be 0.4.7 or .8 that finally uploads (the game isn't exactly small these days, and since the upload rules ask for 3-4 mirrors, across 4 SKUs, you're looking at ~28GBs of upload / release).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
0.4.6 won't be, I don't think. There's still some small stuff I want to fix, so it'll be 0.4.7 or .8 that finally uploads (the game isn't exactly small these days, and since the upload rules ask for 3-4 mirrors, across 4 SKUs, you're looking at ~28GBs of upload / release).
Thanks, you advice to wait then or to play currently uploaded version?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks, you advice to wait then or to play currently uploaded version?
The vast majority of players won't have any issues with the current version; it's the best tested version of love of magic I've put out so far, thanks to the discord testers work.

Having said that, bugs are bugs, and need to be put down with extreme prejudice :) I'll fix the rest of the issues (small and large) that got raised here, and do an update, hopefully tomorrow. It won't have much new content (though there was an easter egg I was working on that snuck in under the radar), but it will have some Quality of Life fixes.

Reactions: Gunner Rey and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The vast majority of players won't have any issues with the current version; it's the best tested version of love of magic I've put out so far, thanks to the discord testers work.

Having said that, bugs are bugs, and need to be put down with extreme prejudice :) I'll fix the rest of the issues (small and large) that got raised here, and do an update, hopefully tomorrow. It won't have much new content (though there was an easter egg I was working on that snuck in under the radar), but it will have some Quality of Life fixes.
Fair enough and yeah you never know how unsquished bugs turn up later again and then may become more complicated since interact with more code, always best to have your base as solid as possible.

strnx

Dec 24, 2019
First time downloader, and I've only downloaded the 0.4.5b file (no previous patches), where I am only getting a white background for all locations except bathroom, while also being able to only view 2 of Clubs cards. Like, all of the cards are 2 of Clubs. Any ideas how to fix? All help appreciated!

Other than that, good story.

Last edited:

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Ah gotcha. As for the grammar it was mostly omitted words that should been there but weren't, but because of how the mind reads sentences we don't even noticed the word is missing and just keep right on going. BTW the 2nd sentence is missing the word "have" after "should" in my explanation but I bet you didn't even notice ;)

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
Where do you get stuck? Could you get me a savegame / log file for that?

Just zip up this folder and I'll have a look:
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic
I think it's about language, my system language is Turkish and we got big "i" as "İ" but in any case here's the file you asked for. The issuse is on the first day right after when you talk to mother's friend and you need to talk to her again.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ah gotcha. As for the grammar it was mostly omitted words that should been there but weren't, but because of how the mind reads sentences we don't even noticed the word is missing and just keep right on going. BTW the 2nd sentence is missing the word "have" after "should" in my explanation but I bet you didn't even notice ;)
Yeah, trust me. After having a number of people pick through 148,118 words, all written without a spell-checker (I use an editor I built into Unity, but it's got no spell-checking integrated) I'm very aware of all the big and small ways our brain plays tricks on us when it comes to spelling, missing words, etc :)

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Yeah, trust me. After having a number of people pick through 148,118 words, all written without a spell-checker (I use an editor I built into Unity, but it's got no spell-checking integrated) I'm very aware of all the big and small ways our brain plays tricks on us when it comes to spelling, missing words, etc :)
Well IF you would like I have no objection going through and proof reading the dialogues at all. As a matter of fact I just went through 20,800 LINES of dialogue for "The Intoxicating Flavor" about a week ago to help clean it up as it was far worse than your's is. ;)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
Sadly, doing Act IV in 5 weeks required giving up on minor things like sleep. Corona-chan kept me cooped up, but it was still a push. I'm doing a build now for Discord / Steam, mostly small stuff (adding guards so dragon fight can't draw out, fixing the volume on the opening screen, etc). I'll probably do one more internal build, looking at a few remaining bugs reported in the forum, then do an update.

After that I'll focus on IV+, adding more Elsewhere, Crowley and Slice of Life events. As well as Divine Coffee, the last event of the Black Rose trilogy.
Nice. Sounds good. I'll be a patient fan, happy prepared to wait to see more of your story, delivered in usual top quality. :)

Kananartans

Dec 19, 2019
Hi, I am a new gamer and have a question. Chloe say me "Take a beer and sit down". How can I do this? I click on her but nothing happens

Last edited:

Dudethe1st

Mar 15, 2018
I just cannot say how much I love this game!! The story is fantastic and the characters are phenomenal. I do have a question. How do I trigger the events in the pub? I've played through a couple times now and can't figure out what triggers the sprite quest or the noble fae. is it stats or an event that I missed? Thanks and keep up the excellent work, but take care of yourself, too.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just cannot say how much I love this game!! The story is fantastic and the characters are phenomenal. I do have a question. How do I trigger the events in the pub? I've played through a couple times now and can't figure out what triggers the sprite quest or the noble fae. is it stats or an event that I missed? Thanks and keep up the excellent work, but take care of yourself, too.
Work at night and if work in evening do not choose regular customer option. Once you have given Chloe enough special ingredients from elsewhere you get more special guests

ChosenSperm

Oct 27, 2018
Hi i cant click on chloe i was created topic about this few months ago so i waited for updates and i wanted to tell that the problem is still relevant.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi i cant click on chloe i was created topic about this few months ago so i waited for updates and i wanted to tell that the problem is still relevant.
I think someone one or two pages ago had a remark about that problem and a flag you could set to help with that, with new version could be bit further back. Tried starting a completely new game after removing the game if that does not work upload your save here, maybe someone can help?

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
The more special ingredients you collect on the paths and hand in to Chloe, the more supernatural visitors will come to the pub.

dents

Jan 28, 2020
Very nice and overall good so far, but i've had a couple of bugs/maybe me being stupid:
I got no reward from the pixie after saving the demon (at least none that I can see, I don't think my gem count changed)
When I turn in 10 Chloe the option to get gems is grayed out, but it still takes my money

I have no idea where to get high quality ice or cluster gems (This one is probably just me being stupid)

And as a general review of the mechanics, the different gems are cool but I haven't found much of a use for rage gems
(also either my build is absolute garbage or the dragon fight is WAY too long).

Don't take these criticisms as me saying the game is bad, the only really negative thing is the Dragon fight.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes