DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Very nice and overall good so far, but i've had a couple of bugs/maybe me being stupid:
I got no reward from the pixie after saving the demon (at least none that I can see, I don't think my gem count changed)
When I turn in 10 Chloe the option to get gems is grayed out, but it still takes my money

I have no idea where to get high quality ice or cluster gems (This one is probably just me being stupid)

And as a general review of the mechanics, the different gems are cool but I haven't found much of a use for rage gems
(also either my build is absolute garbage or the dragon fight is WAY too long).

Don't take these criticisms as me saying the game is bad, the only really negative thing is the Dragon fight.
Think you are not supposed to win that one, :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just cannot say how much I love this game!! The story is fantastic and the characters are phenomenal. I do have a question. How do I trigger the events in the pub? I've played through a couple times now and can't figure out what triggers the sprite quest or the noble fae. is it stats or an event that I missed? Thanks and keep up the excellent work, but take care of yourself, too.
You need to get 3x 'special ingredients' from Elsewhere to upgrade the pub; once you have 3 of those, its available to work at night-time, with more events. Lots of enemies drop stuff in Elsewhere, but the easiest way to get ingredients and special ingredients is to bring Bella in with you, and ask her to search a treasure site.

Reactions: L30

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hi i cant click on chloe i was created topic about this few months ago so i waited for updates and i wanted to tell that the problem is still relevant.

Hi, I am a new gamer and have a question. Cloe say me "Take a beer and sit down". How can I do this? I click on her but nothing happens
Hi, guys; I have never been able to repro that myself, but I did add a *lot* of new debug information, specifically hunting for that bug. If you can send me your whole savegame folder, I'll see why it thinks you can't click on it.

Reactions: L30

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And as a general review of the mechanics, the different gems are cool but I haven't found much of a use for rage gems
(also either my build is absolute garbage or the dragon fight is WAY too long).
The dragon fight *should* be unwinnable, but it seems there's a possibility to break progression on it. I've added a fix to it for the latest internal beta; you can try that out here (any savegame before the end will do). I've got another couple of issues reported here that I want to fix before doing a new full set of mirrors, but for anyone that ran into problems with the dragon (or molly locking), this should fix it.

PC:
OSX :
Linux :
Android:

Changelist:
- Added guards to prevent discards, lightning-stun, etc from disrupting planned combat dialog
- Fixed auto-saves for start of day events (was broken by the new experimental 'save at the start of each day' code; accessible from the save/load UI)
- Redid the end of act screen
- Muted loading-screen video until I can track down what's going on with the high volume
- Fixed a bug where the remainder of a hint-card could cause an exception when using Molly as the chosen
- Act complete's autosave added to the save-list without having to restart the game
- Easter Egg added, triggers after day 55 drinking at Grassmarket at night
- Dragon loadout modified
- Wraith loadout modified
- Fixed Ice Elemental Grunt having an fire4 gem for straight flush
- Redid Sarah's office outfit

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: L30 and DA22

dents

Jan 28, 2020
The dragon fight *should* be unwinnable, but it seems there's a possibility to break progression on it. I've added a fix to it for the latest internal beta; you can try that out here (any savegame before the end will do). I've got another couple of issues reported here that I want to fix before doing a new full set of mirrors, but for anyone that ran into problems with the dragon (or molly locking), this should fix it.

PC: Mega
OSX : Mega
Linux : Mega
Android: Mega

Changelist:
- Added guards to prevent discards, lightning-stun, etc from disrupting planned combat dialog
- Fixed auto-saves for start of day events (was broken by the new experimental 'save at the start of each day' code; accessible from the save/load UI)
- Redid the end of act screen
- Muted loading-screen video until I can track down what's going on with the high volume
- Fixed a bug where the remainder of a hint-card could cause an exception when using Molly as the chosen
- Act complete's autosave added to the save-list without having to restart the game
- Easter Egg added, triggers after day 55 drinking at Grassmarket at night
- Dragon loadout modified
- Wraith loadout modified
- Fixed Ice Elemental Grunt having an fire4 gem for straight flush
- Redid Sarah's office outfit
I had no idea it was unwinnable lol, I was constantly hovering at 1 hp but for some reason none of its attacks killed me (I did jackshit damage to it, a couple dozen rounds of dragonslay from Emily later the dragon died, later I got bodied by a demon prince and I could die then so idk what happened"

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I had no idea it was unwinnable lol, I was constantly hovering at 1 hp but for some reason none of its attacks killed me (I did jackshit damage to it, a couple dozen rounds of dragonslay from Emily later the dragon died, later I got bodied by a demon prince and I could die then so idk what happened"
It's supposed to end in round 6 automatically; 0.4.6 adds a fix for a bug where it was possible to break those story triggers if the dragon skipped a turn.

It's always a problem that I don't know how much HP and gems someone had, coming into it. For the Lich battle, I had people kill it before Emily comes to help, which breaks the progression. So I gave the dragon 100k HP to stop people from accidentally destroying it before it was ready. One tester still managed, but that was after giving himself 10,000 STR cheating, so I chose to ignore it :)

On the other side of things, I don't want a lucky shot to accidentally take you out. If the player accidentally mistime the first Minotaur encounter, and Emily hasn't given you the Excalibur blessing before final move of the board, it was possible for the Minotaur to kill the player, which was obviously not desirable in the tutorial-funnel. As such I added a flag to make story-fights impossible to lose (it'll restore you to 1HP no matter how badly you're beaten up), because I don't really know what level someone is at when they get there; some people really love the poker game and spend time in Elsewhere fighting random enemies, other people are just there for the romance and story, and never play a poker game if they can avoid it.

To work around that I added difficulty sliders, the Auto play functionality, and try to find ways of stopping fights from dragging for weak players. Balancing that is still a work in progress, but the dragon grind you encountered was a bug; a conversation with Bella on Round 6 of the battle should change the behavior.

Reactions: L30 and DrFree

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Droid Productions Found a bug after completing Act IV: In battle, when trying to use Molly's skill, you can't make the dialogue box go. The box stays in her dialogue and me calling her Pervert. I can, however, open the main menu with the Esc key and load. Good thing I always quick save before going to Elsewhere.

On a side note, I have an idea to encourage taking Akane and Kitsune: In elsewhere, you can go to the shrine. Asking Akane or Kitsune should guarantee you results in the form of either gems or ingredients. One each. Kitsune being ingredients makes sense as she is a werebeast and follows the god of Harvest.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions Found a bug after completing Act IV: In battle, when trying to use Molly's skill, you can't make the dialogue box go. The box stays in her dialogue and me calling her Pervert. I can, however, open the main menu with the Esc key and load. Good thing I always quick save before going to Elsewhere.
Fixed in the beta build I just posted above yours, it was one of the worst offenders from this release.

On a side note, I have an idea to encourage taking Akane and Kitsune: In elsewhere, you can go to the shrine. Asking Akane or Kitsune should guarantee you results in the form of either gems or ingredients. One each. Kitsune being ingredients makes sense as she is a werebeast and follows the god of Harvest.
I like it! Okay, stealing it... :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: L30 and DrFree

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I have no idea where to get high quality ice or cluster gems (This one is probably just me being stupid)

No, currently the only place to get Ice or Cluster gems is from defeated monsters in Elsewhere.

They're very useful against beasties with high hit points, but their effect is most noticeable if you put them on a hand you hit frequently like three-of-a-kind. Being as they're modified by both Strength and Intelligence and help recharge Companions (by doing more damage) there's currently a debate as to whether they're overpowered.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Great! But another bug, I will ask if it was in the list of mayor offenders: Chloe can "Spawn Joker" but can't use "Gain Joker"
It's related to the 'lock molly' bug; there was a chance of the hint cards being deleted, but their references remaining. Before I can use sorcery, I need to kill those hint-cards, since otherwise they'll screw up the hand visually if the random generator replaced a card that was currently hinting. Deleting a hint card that was already deleted caused a null-exception, and killed the rest of the script execution that was supposed to trigger the sorcery.

I *think* that's it, anyway. It maps to the log files I saw, and what I'd expect to happen in that scenario. I've added various guards around it, let me know if it's still possible to repro in 0.4.6

RMAUX

Feb 8, 2018
Man, just played through the game for the first time, and it is by far one of my favorites. It's one of the few adult games that I really have almost no interest in the pron side of it, and just want to know more and more about the characters, the story, and the secrets of the world they inhabit.

Well done, and I'm going to impatiently await future updates to this absolute gem.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I get that MC and Emily are meant to be, but can that not be true for every girl you get with? (including Molly)
Well the relation with Molly can turn a lot more loving in Act 4, those choices are there and she is with you. Emily though is the one chosen to guard his heart though Elanora might be even better at that. Pretty sure Katie relationship will also change in nature if not already did, might need Bella tricking Katie into going on a date with MC though before Katie will accept that. :p

Reality Mode

Jul 18, 2018
Whoa! This game got even prettier since last time I played! Glowing vector art! Awesome intro screen!

This was already by far my favorite game on here, and it just keeps getting better!

This is possibly the only game on here I'd genuinely want a SFW version of because damn it's a fine game!

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes