Mactor

May 31, 2017
It's just me :) There's a bunch of people in the discord helping test and fix typos, but development is a one man show.

Thanks for the bug reports; what OS / window resolution are you on, let me see if I can fix it.

As for the lich, I think I ended up boosting the player too much in act IV, and as a result he's under-powered. I definitely need to look at that. Continuity stuff is always going to be an interesting challenge, especially when combining random encounters with critical information. I'll see if I can add a guard with some additional text there.
I'm on windows 10, 1920x1080

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I have been replaying from the beginning :)
Yeah; I'm trying to add a bit of polish to the opening days. There's the two new videos (Emily's appearance, Chloe's transformation).

I'm also improving some of the early animations; Emily's new armor animations (better lighting, secondary animations (like the cloak), and put the sword/shield on different sprites so they don't clip / distort the rest of the game when they play)

new_emily.gif

And revisiting Sarah to pop her graphics a little. She was one of the oldest animations still in the game, and benefited from some love.

redoing_sarah.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

I've done some sex-scenes as spine animations, and some AE Mp4 videos as cutscenes. It makes sense that I combine the two. First pass for a 3D sex scene (for a random event in Act IV+). Interesting to learn a bit on the workflow for this.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I've done some sex-scenes as spine animations, and some AE Mp4 videos as cutscenes. It makes sense that I combine the two. First pass for a 3D sex scene (for a random event in Act IV+). Interesting to learn a bit on the workflow for this.
Now that better be a long long scene, she def deserves some relaxation after act 3 and 4. :p

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Yeah; I'm trying to add a bit of polish to the opening days. There's the two new videos (Emily's appearance, Chloe's transformation).

I'm also improving some of the early animations; Emily's new armor animations (better lighting, secondary animations (like the cloak), and put the sword/shield on different sprites so they don't clip / distort the rest of the game when they play)

View attachment 647699

And revisiting Sarah to pop her graphics a little. She was one of the oldest animations still in the game, and benefited from some love.

View attachment 647701

First, I will say that I love the NEW much much better than the old (looks a little more realistic) and second you nailed the leg position with the facial expression for Katie in that scene (Yes I know it is currently on a loop). I do agree with DA22 that it needs to be a longer scene than their normal "Mat match" ;) lol Anyway keep up the great work and am still looking forward to the next installment of LoM next time on F95. I know bad TV humor and I am sorry for it, but I just couldn't help it. LOL

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Now that better be a long long scene, she def deserves some relaxation after act 3 and 4. :p
Since when was Katie relaxed about sex?

Anyway, I'm going to try putting out Act IV+ in weekly increments as a test. I still want to do V as a single chunk, since that's the principal timeline, but shorter builds with fixes + new content might be an interesting experiment.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Since when was Katie relaxed about sex?

Anyway, I'm going to try putting out Act IV+ in weekly increments as a test. I still want to do V as a single chunk, since that's the principal timeline, but shorter builds with fixes + new content might be an interesting experiment.
As long as no problem with uploads for you no bad idea.

Well maybe she is not relaxed during, she should be after or MC needs to man up and go for another round or two. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Dracconic Evolution

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Got so attached to the game finished it in one go...really appreciate your work, it's one the best game I have played. Just wanted to confirm there is only one ending possible right?
Yeah, I'm a solo dev, so branching the big choices would mess up my life a bit :) There are side-events you need to track down (like the black rose, the upgrade project, Katie's MMA, etc) , and there's a fair chunk of freedom to roleplay (some of which has localized repercussions), but the central story is that of MC and the Princess; there's no choice in there you could have made that would have changed that.

There's one caveat to that; some people have reported the dragon fight in act IV breaking, leaving them stuck slowly whittling down the dragon's HP. Obviously that's not fun, and not dramatic. I *think* I have a fix for that (0.4.6, previous page), but I'm testing and adding additional guards. That fight should end automatically on turn 6, and transition into the end-of-act sequence.

Reactions: NakedPie

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, I'm a solo dev, so branching the big choices would mess up my life a bit :) There are side-events you need to track down (like the black rose, the upgrade project, Katie's MMA, etc) , and there's a fair chunk of freedom to roleplay (some of which has localized repercussions), but the central story is that of MC and the Princess; there's no choice in there you could have made that would have changed that.

There's one caveat to that; some people have reported the dragon fight in act IV breaking, leaving them stuck slowly whittling down the dragon's HP. Obviously that's not fun, and not dramatic. I *think* I have a fix for that (0.4.6, previous page), but I'm testing and adding additional guards. That fight should end automatically on turn 6, and transition into the end-of-act sequence.
Dragon fight worked for me, just it was possible by clicking too fast to miss the first attack animation of dragon with its consequences. Rest played out well though and when was more careful second time I could see all off it. Thought would say if you are adding guards anyway. :)

Story being reasonably straightforward makes sense since it is a heavily story based game and not so much a choose your own adventure or girls since you need them all. Well as long as the story is good enough and intriguing like this one that is no problem. I would likely read it if it were a novel as well, the gameplay just adds.

SheepMeUp

Mar 11, 2018
Is there a reason, he's holding Katie this high? OK, he might have a big dick, but in this position, he'd have to reach about 20 cm above his navel...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a reason, he's holding Katie this high? OK, he might have a big dick, but in this position, he'd have to reach about 20 cm above his navel...
He's not particularly over-endowed, though she's lifted quite high for part of the animation:
1588905835861.png
1588907706714.png

Re-testing without the moving camera, and 3 separate cuts instead. Let's see if that ends up better.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
So I was never able to unlock free roam access to Elsewhere and now I'm in Act IV and there's nothing to click to get to the portal from the Crowley? Katie is missing right now in the story. Is there any way I can fix that with debug or something?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I was never able to unlock free roam access to Elsewhere and now I'm in Act IV and there's nothing to click to get to the portal from the Crowley? Katie is missing right now in the story. Is there any way I can fix that with debug or something?
That's weird. In debug there is a no_exit flag, try setting that to false.

Could you get me a save game, let me see what went wrong for you?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is it possible to go through the game without getting the portal dialogue though?
Yeah; if you've never talked to Katie / Chloe about magic. I really need a back-stop around day 20 before the date with Emily, where Chloe fixes this stuff for you. That's the tricky bit about making stuff optional and not tied to the timeline :)

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Yeah, it's the biggest 'discontinuity bug' left; just one that will take quite a lot of work to clean out (since I need to work out what you have and haven't done, and guard various parts).
Could force a trigger with Chloe where the moment you enter the Crowley on a specific day that it triggers the convo about the portal. That way you don't have to put any guards in place and it will unlock the portal and lead into the whole collecting ingredients and raising player stats part of the convo that you get later as well. Also this way the 2 parts get tied together as 1 convo.

Reactions: DA22
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes