Sep 7, 2020
2 issues, 1--- audrey-- cant trigger new cloths at work scene----emma--- cant trigger the talk to emma scene after me n samantha break up for me to pursue with emma, we can date, dont matter where we go no sex, locked at 60 lp, cant even kiss....

cognu

Aug 24, 2017
I liked the game a lot, and waited enough updates to give it a proper re-run when i found the huge amount of content it got.

I want to ask if is a my system problem (Which shouldn't be the case), but i replayed the game again i found that transitions are... slow, like not a huge amount but slow enough to get annoying.

For example, clicking between locations can take 1 to 2 seconds...and in this game is the main navigation system, making all the playtime feel really bad.
I don't know if is all the redudant calculations or loading images the problem, but it's a way to improve it? or it's planned to be improved?

Asking if it's a way to improve the speed on navigation, i will for sure wait till that's in place.

Thanks in advance

plm0901

Aug 31, 2020
when in this game will appear the rest of new characters, new locations, new items or new tasks? wonder
I agree. The recent updates were mostly focused on endgame contents(harem) or contents for all characters(hottub sex).
I mean it's not bad. But something feels like the game went to status quo, even though the dev always makes new stuffs for every month. I agree that this game has too much characters already. And there are characters that has been abandoned for long times and needs some more love. But as a person who enjoyed this game as a text adventure game, end loved all the uniqueness of each characters, it's a shame that I cannot explore more new characters who might be my new favorite. Even a topic like food, all characters have different answers. And it was fun what other characters would respond to that topic.
Besides that, I enjoyed Camilla. She had some very interesting dialogues and had fun chemistry with the MC. And I never like Kylie anyways.

Reactions: WhiteWolf34Uk
Sep 7, 2020
I agree. The recent updates were mostly focused on endgame contents(harem) or contents for all characters(hottub sex).
I mean it's not bad. But something feels like the game went to status quo, even though the dev always makes new stuffs for every month. I agree that this game has too much characters already. And there are characters that has been abandoned for long times and needs some more love. But as a person who enjoyed this game as a text adventure game, end loved all the uniqueness of each characters, it's a shame that I cannot explore more new characters who might be my new favorite. Even a topic like food, all characters have different answers. And it was fun what other characters would respond to that topic.
Besides that, I enjoyed Camilla. She had some very interesting dialogues and had fun chemistry with the MC. And I never like Kylie anyways.
who is camilla?, i seen her in the cheats section but havent met her yet and ive played the game through my first year, now im not gunna lie, ive been playing with cheats since the get go theres also one more cherie that i havent met yet thats mentioned in the cheats? is it for a patreon supporters or something?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
who is camilla?, i seen her in the cheats section but havent met her yet and ive played the game through my first year, now im not gunna lie, ive been playing with cheats since the get go theres also one more cherie that i havent met yet thats mentioned in the cheats? is it for a patreon supporters or something?
Camilla is a police officer you meet through Kylie's...insane fuckin' stalker storyline. Eventually, the MC reports Kylie to the police, specifically Camilla. Soon afterwards, Kylie is arrested and removed from the game and Camilla is available as a romance option.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I liked the game a lot, and waited enough updates to give it a proper re-run when i found the huge amount of content it got.

I want to ask if is a my system problem (Which shouldn't be the case), but i replayed the game again i found that transitions are... slow, like not a huge amount but slow enough to get annoying.

For example, clicking between locations can take 1 to 2 seconds...and in this game is the main navigation system, making all the playtime feel really bad.
I don't know if is all the redudant calculations or loading images the problem, but it's a way to improve it? or it's planned to be improved?

Asking if it's a way to improve the speed on navigation, i will for sure wait till that's in place.

Thanks in advance
Well, in a way it is a "your system problem", though not the way you mean it. It happens to some, not to others, it isn't a question of processing power, memory size, what have you - some toasters work well, some $10k gaming rigs won't. So far the cause is not known.

Waveshaper

Oct 19, 2018
So far the cause is not known.
Well, in most cases it's just RenPy - it's not really the most performant engine imaginable. If you then add some devs using unoptimized assets on top of it, I would say you already cover at least 80% of cases suffering from poor performance. Sure - the systems the games are run on are relevant to a degree as well - but RenPy isn't that great of a engine when it comes to performance - similar to Unity. And the reasons are usually known - but fixing them is not exactly the main focus of development.

In the particular case of L&S:SB the problems are also tied to the development practices as well - there are multiple aspects of the game that could be vastly improved on a conceptual level, that would reduce performance-impact further. It's nothing that solely have to be done on a technical level of the framework - it's often also tied to HOW devs code/develop on such engines.

L&S:SB suffers from a pretty poorly approach to navigating 'the world' that could be highly improved and/or streamlined to reduce asset-loading - at the same time such changes would improve the overall feel of the game and reduce the 'felt' grindiness many people regularily mention.

Unfortunately that's pretty much standard - what you can expect from non-professional coder/developer - and you can't really blame them, because you have to know one or two things about it to improve your own game/programs accordingly. Especially in this 'genre' of games it's usual that you deal with artists who learned enough to make things work - L&S:SB is even a rather elaborate project compared to the state of the scene. Still - even with RenPy getting more and more optimized - without elaborate structural changes games like this one will suffer from performance-issues. Devs could counter that problem with proper design-choices - but unfortunately that's usually not something they are mainly concerned with...

• Angry
Reactions: Andrealphus

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, in most cases it's just RenPy - it's not really the most performant engine imaginable. If you then add some devs using unoptimized assets on top of it, I would say you already cover at least 80% of cases suffering from poor performance. Sure - the systems the games are run on are relevant to a degree as well - but RenPy isn't that great of a engine when it comes to performance - similar to Unity. And the reasons are usually known - but fixing them is not exactly the main focus of development.

In the particular case of L&S:SB the problems are also tied to the development practices as well - there are multiple aspects of the game that could be vastly improved on a conceptual level, that would reduce performance-impact further. It's nothing that solely have to be done on a technical level of the framework - it's often also tied to HOW devs code/develop on such engines.

L&S:SB suffers from a pretty poorly approach to navigating 'the world' that could be highly improved and/or streamlined to reduce asset-loading - at the same time such changes would improve the overall feel of the game and reduce the 'felt' grindiness many people regularily mention.

Unfortunately that's pretty much standard - what you can expect from non-professional coder/developer - and you can't really blame them, because you have to know one or two things about it to improve your own game/programs accordingly. Especially in this 'genre' of games it's usual that you deal with artists who learned enough to make things work - L&S:SB is even a rather elaborate project compared to the state of the scene. Still - even with RenPy getting more and more optimized - without elaborate structural changes games like this one will suffer from performance-issues. Devs could counter that problem with proper design-choices - but unfortunately that's usually not something they are mainly concerned with...
While all that may be true, it doesn't really explain why specifically LSSB shows this erratic behavior of running smoothly on some systems and having incredible lags on others without any discernible correlation between performance and system specifications.

IceNeo2

Jun 23, 2018
is anyone having trouble with the archive.rpa of the latest version? Whenever I try to unpack it that is the only file that gives me an error...

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
is anyone having trouble with the archive.rpa of the latest version? Whenever I try to unpack it that is the only file that gives me an error...
No issues here, just tested it with unren.bat:
1628476450820.png

Which tool did you use?

PREGCHAD

Aug 10, 2018
What's the best mods to skip through the grind? I love the events, but doing a playthrough again because the updates have broken some of the dates unfortunately.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
I think that I wasn't very clear with my comment. I meant when trying to unpack it from the compressed zip archive file when you finish downloading from one of the links from the original post.
Hmm, downloaded from NOPY and tested the archive with no errors:
1628479632151.png

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
What's the best mods to skip through the grind? I love the events, but doing a playthrough again because the updates have broken some of the dates unfortunately.
Search for flowershop in this thread... There should be a flowershop.rpy code that you can copy and put it in the folder. Still work, altho some newer girls will not be included. Also the yuri pill is broken.

HighGrove

Nov 10, 2017
Can you only marry Lexi/Minami as part of the Home Harem? I proposed to Lexi solo but her wedding never procced. And I don't think I even saw the option for proposing to Minami individually.

DRAKEE97

Feb 5, 2019
Can you only marry Lexi/Minami as part of the Home Harem? I proposed to Lexi solo but her wedding never procced. And I don't think I even saw the option for proposing to Minami individually.
It seems like it, I also tried but only could marry them in harem.

3.60 star(s) 286 Votes