88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Probably because the main player base is predominately male.
Probably because the developer is male, I presume.
Probably because most people have voted for male centric scenes.
Probably because the female protagonist was never meant to be on par with the male for content.

Take your pick.
There lots of gay scene M/M I bet.

I rather play female protagonist. Male portagonist can just die, due the fuck hethink with is dick.

Female Protagonit is better then Male Portagonist

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
This v22.3.0a had lots of errors in with name and image. I playing female protagonit and there I catch lots images when I talk sasha as female protagonist, I saw a wrong name and image instead of female and chose name I get male couple of time. In poul in the kiction the lot of Female Portogaoist got the wrong image, instead of Female Protagonist the show male prortagonist. even the name appear wrong.

krazy4games

May 4, 2018
Im really hoping Morgan get's a little bump to her development soon, I just want to add her to the list of bootycalls...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Is the gallery mod updated for the current version
Hasn't been in ages, will probably only come back once the game is finished.

I rather play female protagonist. Male portagonist can just die, due the fuck hethink with is dick.

If you prefer female prot, it's best to wait for quite some time, right now it just isn't worth bothering unless you like to check for progress.

Mugiboogie

Aug 13, 2020
I started a new playthrough on the latest patch and I'm like 5 hours in but there's no gym or night club. Is this a bug or is there a requirement for them to appear now? Or maybe It's cause my stats are maxed since this is a new game plus?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I started a new playthrough on the latest patch and I'm like 5 hours in but there's no gym or night club. Is this a bug or is there a requirement for them to appear now? Or maybe It's cause my stats are maxed since this is a new game plus?
You need to buy sports clothes to go to the gym and fancy suit for the night club.

• Angry
Reactions: Mugiboogie

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
EDIT: It worked out.

Python:
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in script
    python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
    run(restart)
  File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Wed Mar 30 06:40:26 2022

Last edited:

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020

That's a nice opinion you have there. Thankfully it means jack all to anybody who matters. Money talks and female protagonist games are a very niche market. But don't worry if you want female protagonists you are welcome to the thousands of shitty harlequin romance books published every year. you have your market and we have ours. Sucks to be you I suppose.

Waveshaper

Oct 19, 2018
Why male protagonist had lots of bunch of sex scenes when Female protagonist had too little?

Because - and that's an educated guess here - the developer might have realized by now, that the whole idea of implementing two different MCs is not as simple as it might have looked at some point in development.

You have a 'Developer' flair under your name - so you should be at least somewhat familiar with the problems that come with it. At least that's what I like to think.

With L&S:SB we're not talking your regular VN (or even kinetic novel) made in RenPy here - it is built around a sandbox-nature, implements dynamic asset-generation and is in general way more complex in its structure than most other games in the same genre.

There are other games & sub-genres which are often toying with different sex for the main character, but its a bit different to build one game & storyline and then just add dynamic pronouns in the text, changing depending on which sex the player character is. It seems more like the initial idea for the female character in L&S:SB was built around the idea of having a completely different female player character though, not just a gender-swap. But this also means that you can't just make additional assets for the same events & scenes, you have to completely write a whole additional storyline and if you want it to be 'good' and not just a reskin of the male one, you basically have to make all story elements and assets from ground. (Not even talking the necessary number of additional male love-interest that would have to be introduced, otherwise the only other option would come down to a gender-swap with mostly 'yuri' relations again...)

I personally would say that the idea of even maintaining the female MC in this game is ridiculous - considering the speed and progress of development it would be way more effective to only focus on one storyline. Since the framework for another character is already in the code though, it's obvious that they keep it around - if at one point they decide to acutally introduce a full-fledged storyline for that character it's good to have the framework in place, since adding it on top of a game always meant for playing ONE story would be development-nightmare - especially using an engine like RenPy...

I honestly don't know how much time goes into maintenance of the second character aspect of the game - if there is nothing added directly it most likely is irrelevant, but it can't be zero, because you have to be considerate of system changes of the 'main path' because they might also apply for the other path in the future. From a development-standpoint it's mostly wasted time and effort though - having a dynamic framework with possibilities for future implementation is one thing and surely not wrong, but if that's the plan the game should have been done in a different engine to begin with. As it stands though, approximately 90% of the playerbase wants predominantly a finished game - and most people aren't happy with the speed of development as it stands - spreading your resources thin to please a fringe minority while delaying stuff for others would simply be... stupid...

In general it would have been better to setup a complete, dynamic framework that allows for easy integration of necessary assets and content first and then successively adding content & balancing. But well... it is what it is - and better make the best of it. Just take a look at other games in development which are suffering from feature-creep and think for a moment how this impacts the likelihood of a project straight up dying mid-way for all sorts of reasons.

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I
Because - and that's an educated guess here - the developer might have realized by now, that the whole idea of implementing two different MCs is not as simple as it might have looked at some point in development.

You have a 'Developer' flair under your name - so you should be at least somewhat familiar with the problems that come with it. At least that's what I like to think.

With L&S:SB we're not talking your regular VN (or even kinetic novel) made in RenPy here - it is built around a sandbox-nature, implements dynamic asset-generation and is in general way more complex in its structure than most other games in the same genre.

There are other games & sub-genres which are often toying with different sex for the main character, but its a bit different to build one game & storyline and then just add dynamic pronouns in the text, changing depending on which sex the player character is. It seems more like the initial idea for the female character in L&S:SB was built around the idea of having a completely different female player character though, not just a gender-swap. But this also means that you can't just make additional assets for the same events & scenes, you have to completely write a whole additional storyline and if you want it to be 'good' and not just a reskin of the male one, you basically have to make all story elements and assets from ground. (Not even talking the necessary number of additional male love-interest that would have to be introduced, otherwise the only other option would come down to a gender-swap with mostly 'yuri' relations again...)

I personally would say that the idea of even maintaining the female MC in this game is ridiculous - considering the speed and progress of development it would be way more effective to only focus on one storyline. Since the framework for another character is already in the code though, it's obvious that they keep it around - if at one point they decide to acutally introduce a full-fledged storyline for that character it's good to have the framework in place, since adding it on top of a game always meant for playing ONE story would be development-nightmare - especially using an engine like RenPy...

I honestly don't know how much time goes into maintenance of the second character aspect of the game - if there is nothing added directly it most likely is irrelevant, but it can't be zero, because you have to be considerate of system changes of the 'main path' because they might also apply for the other path in the future. From a development-standpoint it's mostly wasted time and effort though - having a dynamic framework with possibilities for future implementation is one thing and surely not wrong, but if that's the plan the game should have been done in a different engine to begin with. As it stands though, approximately 90% of the playerbase wants predominantly a finished game - and most people aren't happy with the speed of development as it stands - spreading your resources thin to please a fringe minority while delaying stuff for others would simply be... stupid...

In general it would have been better to setup a complete, dynamic framework that allows for easy integration of necessary assets and content first and then successively adding content & balancing. But well... it is what it is - and better make the best of it. Just take a look at other games in development which are suffering from feature-creep and think for a moment how this impacts the likelihood of a project straight up dying mid-way for all sorts of reasons.
I believe they should focus on the male character first, and then if there is demand then after they finish with mike then move to bree.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
female protagonist games are usually centered around 'oh no! someone tricked the mc into sex or being raped' after awhile you start to wonder if the mc is retarded with how often they fall for the schemes of fat bosses and schizo teenager boys

dawnir

Sep 12, 2017
The cheat button doesnt seem to be in the same place it used to when I enable from the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this? When you enable how do you use it now?

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017

Thx for your opinions, but you are mostly wrong :)
- We don't need to redo all the assets from the ground up because we were smart in making them :)
- Bree will never have as much content as Mike (she will have roughly a third of his content)
- She gets small updates currently because patrons voted for more male centric content a few months ago.
- Most of my patrons are VERY happy with the speed the game is advancing and considering that i had more content every month than any other patreon based dev i think it's well deserved.
Here are some Bree MC pics to show my love to my other MC ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Um ... no? Sexism is something else entirely than the development schedule of an unfinished game.

Then you can wok on female. Bree needs some cooking lessons anyway. - SCNR, but honestly, nothing of this has to do with fairness in any way. Especially, even if I repeat myself, not before the game is finished.

Funny story, but what sells sells. And while I am not a huge fan of polls, I prefer devs just doing it the way they want, it shows that many people want something else than you want. This happens. It also is the reason why the wrong song wins the Eurovision Song Contest and the wrong actor got the Oscar.
You don't need be hasty. You know it? Or eveyong you don't agree with you treat like shit? Really mature of you with somone wil over 8K like or wheter they are. If you don't agree, it you thoug. Mine is I wanna play a game with fucking bug and errors and equel quatity of content.

Why am I even talk to you? That you spit shit anyay no matter what. By looking to your tags you like and are stand you alweys gonna attak somone who think diffferently.

Last edited:

trigun61

May 19, 2017
Anyone figure out the Kylie Prison visit and BJ? She's disappeared off the character tracker, but she's in prison and I can talk to her. Before dropping off the tracker, there was a quest step for "wait for a letter saying you can visit Kylie", but I've skipped weeks and no letter has arrived. I assume that's the trigger for the visit and BJ.

3.60 star(s) 286 Votes