MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Uploaded a new patch in the OP, couple minor bug fixes but the most important change is a full background remaster that seemed to improve performance, especially on chrome.

So if you experienced shitty performance, give the new patch a go and let me know how it is. Obviously my ability to test this is pretty limited so I appreciate if you can let me know how it runs for you.

Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for reporting, seems I forgot to put in the critical code to mark the events as viewed. It should be harmless, and we'll pretend it's just the beginning of the much requested gallery feature.

Next update it should be fixed, and you'll just have to do the event again quickly to make it go away :)

Appears in your bedroom in the morning. If it doesn't, try doing another dress clothing event (in the kitchen) and it should fix itself. If not, post your save file and I'll take a look at what's wrong.

Hey I'm glad you liked the new modelling content, quite a few have drawn attention to it in a similar way. Makes me think I should have done it that way from the beginning!

I wouldn't worry too much about quantity over quality. The current roster is going to make up the bulk of the content over the next year. I'm thinking there'll be some very small characters here and there to sort of augment the main characters (just having one off or a couple events, that kind of thing). But beyond that I'm not sure how many more main characters will actually be added. I've got one more at least but that's not something I'll be considering until Lydia is basically finished.

There's a whole load of stuff I can do with Jen that I just sort of can't with others, and vice versa. Introducing new ones opens new doors to exploit. I'll do my best to maintain that relationship growth you talked about, though I think some of the new faces might have different ideas of what that means and how to get there.

I also have to admit that working on Jen exclusively gets very creatively draining. I doubt that new modelling content would have happened the way it did without getting a breather to work on the other characters. Might not make a whole lot of sense, but I think a lot of my best ideas I conjure while working on something completely different.

Thanks for offering this perspective, it's very helpful. I'll investigate the bug you reported there, so thanks for that (I do remember fixing this i think, not sure what happened).
Nay bother pal, always happy to help. I understand your creative quagmire, it happens to all of us, and like you I also find my brain works better in certain situations. I'm no neuroscientist but I've read that repetitive or boring tasks actually stimulate the creative part of the brain and allow ideas to percolate at an increased rate, of course this state can also effect your mental health negatively so essentially we all need to be bored the exact right amount to be innovatively robust... Everything in moderation I guess?

I suppose my biggest surprise with the new characters is that Jen's sister hasn't been introducted yet. One of the mid-game meal dialogues references her coming to stay despite the relationship between the sisters being tense (I forget the exact verbage) and because it's a meal dialogue it's repeated a number of times during gameplay because obviously you have to eat to replenish energy. I was ruminating that this was gonna lead to the next set of Jen events storywise as the sisters' addition could create a plethora of interesting situations and not just the combustable element of an agitated sibling relationship, although from what you've said the focus will be on fleshing out the other characters for at least the foreseeable future so I'll cull my hopes for the moment.

Regarding the bug, yeah you did fix it for 4.0 (btw when I said I hadn't played 4.0 in my original message I actually meant 5.0, mia culpa). If I remember you introduced the white sheer in 2.0 and there was actually an event in the living room using the picture from the introduction among others, then it bugged in 3.0 and you removed the event altogether for 4.0 and made it exclusively for the exhibition content. I might be misremembering that slightly but for sure the option to pick the white sheer outfit at 19:00 in the living room definitely wasn't there in 4.0.

Last edited:

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Nay bother pal, always happy to help. I understand your creative quagmire, it happens to all of us, and like you I also find my brain works better in certain situations. I'm no neuroscientist but I've read that repetitive or boring tasks actually stimulate the creative part of the brain and allow ideas to percolate at an increased rate, of course this state can also effect your mental health negatively so essentially we all need to be bored the exact right amount to be innovatively robust... Everything in moderation I guess?

I suppose my biggest surprise with the new characters is that Jen's sister hasn't been introducted yet. One of the mid-game meal dialogues references her coming to stay despite the relationship between the sisters being tense (I forget the exact verbage) and because it's a meal dialogue it's repeated a number of times during gameplay because obviously you have to eat to replenish energy. I was ruminating that this was gonna lead to the next set of Jen events storywise as the sisters' addition could create a plethora of interesting situations and not just the combustable element of an agitated sibling relationship, although from what you've said the focus will be on fleshing out the other characters for at least the foreseeable future so I'll cull my hopes for the moment.

Regarding the bug, yeah you did fix it for 4.0 (btw when I said I hadn't played 4.0 in my original message I actually meant 5.0, mia culpa). If I remember you introduced the white sheer in 2.0 and there was actually an event in the living room using the picture from the introduction among others, then it bugged in 3.0 and you removed the event altogether for 4.0 and made it exclusively for the exhibition content. I might be misremembering that slightly but for sure the option to pick the white sheer outfit at 19:00 in the living room definitely wasn't there in 4.0.
Yeah her sister is still going to happen, at one point I'd probably imagined it would be in by now. Vaguely remember thinking about introducing it in a small way but probably got pushed out of that release and then left entirely. Just a case of priorities really. The gym character was always something I was going to do first, and that took ages to happen. Then there's the new office character because I don't want the office job just lagging behind while the club gets all the attention.

Her sister is the one I'll be looking to do once Lydia is in a good place. So it might actually make an appearance in the first half of next year, but we'll see!

Not quite sure how the outfit managed to sneak back in but I've banished it once more. Though the games getting so complicated at this point I'm not surprised it's developing a mind of it's own.

Reactions: Dixon Butz

Wisthep

Apr 13, 2017
Great game man really awesome work. Just wondering how do I receive blowjobs now that I've unlocked them? It says I need to get two to unlock the next step.
Watch television in the living room at 19:00 and in the hallway at 22:00.

hammerva

Oct 13, 2020
I can't seem to figure out how to get to the end of some of Lydia's goals. It says be in your room around 4PM to 8PM I think but nothing happens. Only I get is the quest with Mel over and over again. Is there a certain day you have to do this

Thanks

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I can't seem to figure out how to get to the end of some of Lydia's goals. It says be in your room around 4PM to 8PM I think but nothing happens. Only I get is the quest with Mel over and over again. Is there a certain day you have to do this

Thanks
Did you unlock her home? The details for that are under the mixed goals section. You've gotta do that first. I did a quick test and it seems to be working fine, so you might need to post your save file so I can take a look.

hammerva

Oct 13, 2020
Did you unlock her home? The details for that are under the mixed goals section. You've gotta do that first. I did a quick test and it seems to be working fine, so you might need to post your save file so I can take a look.
I have been able to go to Lydia's home many times. I completed the Favor one. Don't there is more I can do there. I have all the other goals check marked as well. Do I need to do something gym first before that?

What save file are talking about?

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I have been able to go to Lydia's home many times. I completed the Favor one. Don't there is more I can do there. I have all the other goals check marked as well. Do I need to do something gym first before that?

What save file are talking about?
Save menu -> save to disk, creates a file copy of your save so you can post it and I can load it up to see what's wrong for myself and fix as necessary.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Here is the save file for review
So you had already completed both the final story events. I set them back to unviewed which should let you go through them again if you wish (attached save).

I was lazy and didn't put a completion icon on the goal screen for those events. Usually I don't bother for the final stuff since there is a message and the screen will switch over to a new one with a new level... But I guess when people are coming back it's unclear, so I'll try to make sure they are done properly from now on. Sorry for the bother!

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Well, nevermind now. I grinded to high fitness.

I wanted to increase my energy/day (which high fitness apparently allows me to do) and shortcut through much of fitness + add tons of money.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Well, nevermind now. I grinded to high fitness.

I wanted to increase my energy/day (which high fitness apparently allows me to do) and shortcut through much of fitness + add tons of money.
Ah well, thanks for the feedback. Fitness is something you'll get while working on Lydia so you get to do two things at least :)

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes