Others Completed Lovecraft Locker: Tentacle Lust [v1.8.00] [Strange Girl]

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
StrangeGirl has a new update post out. Hotpink filed a copyright strike on them so they are shutting down work on the game. The comments outright state HP was trying to hostile corporate merger SG and speak to their investor, both of which were refused, so HP pushed the button and went nuclear. Textbook bully move. Hopefully unofficial work on lovecraft locker will continue, they could always push updates here.
Wow
So he's like
"I'm not doing almost jack shite to develop this game, but so will everyone else!"
Bruh
Could've nailed a nice collab but no, he decided to be the copyright strike guy, instead of taking some competition, because he's already behind
That's fucking lame
One of the few games on here that I see with some actual frequent progress being made and it gets hit by a fucking copyright strike

Reactions: dbomb

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
So it is all as i suspected.
I am so glad i caught onto all this before making a purchase. I almost purchased both games.
Fuck Hotpink and fuck tentacle locker. Scumbag.

Looks like the "agreement" means development can continue but the games going to change visually.

rhitz

Oct 27, 2019
HotPinkGames weaponizing copyright/report systems seems like an interesting strategy for a studio whose existence is dependent on no one filing an underage report on their games ("These girls in Japanese middleschool uniforms who are in a primary school are totally all 18").

Reactions: AplhaBeta

Kyranite

Jul 9, 2019
To balance the scales here, you should probably go read the comment section of that post you are all ranting about. Yes the coppyright strike was a dick move, but have any of you actually looked beneath the surface? HP has been in the comment section of that post trying to give long and detailed responses to people's concerns. On the other hand Strange Girl seems to be giving short and deliberatly vague answers... and who is this mysterious investor?

Basically, it's all sus, and I don't think either side has handled it as well as they could have. That said, I have to agree with some commenters on that post; it feels like SG is trying to weaponize the court of public opinion by only releasing the parts that make them look good and HP look bad.

I'll close out by saying that I am not picking sides here. I honestly hope they do sort it all out so that SG's game can continue, but from what I've seen it looks like they are more interested in moving on from the game either way (with concept art of some tentacle soda game being released). At the end of the day Tentacle Locker was an interesting concept, and Lovecraft Locker gave an actual purpose to that gameplay. Ultimately it's up to each individual to make their own judgment, but it should at least be done so with as much of the information as possible.

So yeah, poop happens, life is short, fap while you can... or something.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
HP has been in the comment section of that post trying to give long and detailed responses to people's concerns.
Covering their tracks.

As i shared, they claimed to not have pulled their support for the game. Which is a lie.
HotPink deleted their post of support out of the blue, to the surprise of everyone, including StrangeGirl. (to note the support post was up for over a month before this happened)

Hotpink than started all this bs about "trying to cummunicate with them" this is blatant bullying.
"Negotiations at gun point."
Even to the point of submitting a copyright claim that has 0 grounds.

Hotpink is a dirty scumbag for doing all of this.

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
HP has been in the comment section of that post trying to give long and detailed responses to people's concerns. On the other hand Strange Girl seems to be giving short and deliberatly vague answers
As I said before:
One of these titles is proper game with its mechanics, gameplay loop, lore and it's being worked on as we speak.
Other is glorified animation player with whole two animations (upgraded from one) that you can't interrupt.
It seems amount of damage control is inversely proportional to the amount of actual code.

I don't give a flying shit about petty drama. I'm consumer, I'm here for the product and HotPink doesn't deliver.
I still remember my first time booting up Tentacle Locker, it instantly hogged up 2gb of RAM and crashed my browser, that's something I wouldn't ever expect from game that looks like flash game with no content.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
StrangeGirl has a new update post out. Hotpink filed a copyright strike on them so they are shutting down work on the game. The comments outright state HP was trying to hostile corporate merger SG and speak to their investor, both of which were refused, so HP pushed the button and went nuclear. Textbook bully move. Hopefully unofficial work on lovecraft locker will continue, they could always push updates here.
I kinda suspected that was the case too. The only reason Hotpink would pull support and still want to talk to SG, is if they wanted something out of SG. And often times, you'll see people who are being threatened with legal action action go quiet, because that's usually what a smart lawyer would advise until they build a defense. No idea if a lawsuit would even hold, considering 1) the premise itself isn't exactly novel, 2) the fact that Lovecraft Locker actually took the game further, and 3) as if Hotpink can talk shit about stealing ideas, considering their own track record of making shovelware bootlegs.

Reactions: Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Draghough

May 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And also a logical guess on when the hotpinks nice thread vanished.
Funny the talks went better and reach to an agreement once they decided to wash their undies in public than what they had in private :KEK:

HotPinkGames weaponizing copyright/report systems seems like an interesting strategy for a studio whose existence is dependent on no one filing an underage report on their games ("These girls in Japanese middleschool uniforms who are in a primary school are totally all 18").
interesting take you got there fellow "underage" enjoyer

proxy-image.jpg
OP said:
Developer Notes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Kyranite

rhitz

Oct 27, 2019
Missing the point: I'm not saying their content is underage (it's drawings), but that the platforms they generate revenue on probably would, and drawing attention to this kerfuffle is shooting dangerously close to the foot.

Their game is one of many games that exist in a "Schroedinger's TOS Violation" state - they're tolerated until someone looks too closely at them. They're clean enough that they don't overtly break any rules, but as soon as there's an inkling they might bring controversy (and, READ: RISK PAYMENT PROCESSORS) the banhammer will start swinging like a kid at a whack-a-mole. Especially true for Patreon, given their extreme sensitivity to anything that could even be mildly interpreted as non-consensual (see: the crackdown on mind control content a few years ago). All the disclaimers in the world won't save them from a webmaster with Mastercard's gun to their head.

In other words: HPG bringing the report system into play is like calling the cops because their drug dealer robbed them. Nobody benefits from the attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akren and Kikinaak
Nov 30, 2017
There was an update on their Itchio and it seems they came to an "agreement", and are going to keep updating this one a while then make a sequel in a few months with new assets and stuff.

Get them doom signs gone, chums. :eek:

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
As said, the current Lovecraft Locker will still receive updates in the coming months, so no gaps will be made, alongside the development of Tentacle Fantasy Soda. The earliest reasonable projection for the new "Lovecraft Locker 2" (not really a sequel but basically a sequel) will be December this year or at the earliest next year. Also, we'll be uploading the remake within the current Itch page of Lovecraft Locker so rest assured you don't have to buy this game again if you have done so already.

This marks the end of the tentacle war.

More lewds are coming.
Anyway, I hope you all will like our next game project: Tentacle Fantasy Soda!
X1Yb2O.jpg
Yes, I think I will.
its on me chap.jpg

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
While i hate how this all went and that this games getting a back seat (less updates, less often and a visual overhaul) the new game opens better doors imo, im not actually a fan of tenticles. Shock!
But i can damn well hope for some satanic goth futa or something in the new game.

Dtsleaks

May 10, 2021
so... ive been looking all over through the gameplay and devlogs but i cant find out why some girls just have hearts over them on day 6 or so... can anyone tell me if they are special in any way or if its just a cosmetic thing?

rhitz

Oct 27, 2019
so... ive been looking all over through the gameplay and devlogs but i cant find out why some girls just have hearts over them on day 6 or so... can anyone tell me if they are special in any way or if its just a cosmetic thing?
Converted girls (no term in devlogs) don't get shocked by girls getting grabbed/released by tentacles; they don't have any unique animations in the lockers though.

They seem to show up based on your overall level, but they don't scale - so no converting the entire school into a tentacle sex cult (yet).

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I suspected it had something to do with girls who spend the entire day in an auto-locker... could maybe try to test this at some point....

Note before anyone elce does. 2 auto lockers next to eachother almost always bug out and grab a single person twice and i think only 1 of them work during this effect, so do not put 2 of them right next to eachother.

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes