Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Academy [v0.1.2] [CastleStudios]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Madridfan

Feb 10, 2018
Possible to finish the panties thief quest? Because after I go out the spa and try to give it in the bathroom say "need panties first"

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The free roam at home needs fixing. For instance, when you wake up and click the telescope it says that you are tired?

To track quest stages, it's better to use meaningful variables like
Code:
have_spa_code = True
have_panties = False
instead of "otaku_points += 10"
and the like. Otherwise the code easily gets messy and it's hard to track it and find bugs.

Jul 26, 2021
I had to stop pretty close to the beginning because there is a problem with your story telling. you seem to be unsure if you want the story to be what the main character is telling the police or not. you start out with this long interrogation that would end the careers of every cop involved. then start the story as though its going to be what the mc is telling the cop chick. then within minutes you include a conversation the mc would have 0 knowledge of between his mother and step dad. so you need to decide what you want, is this his testimony or not. as the story is right now its a conflict that will push many away from the story.

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
I had to stop pretty close to the beginning because there is a problem with your story telling. you seem to be unsure if you want the story to be what the main character is telling the police or not. you start out with this long interrogation that would end the careers of every cop involved. then start the story as though its going to be what the mc is telling the cop chick. then within minutes you include a conversation the mc would have 0 knowledge of between his mother and step dad. so you need to decide what you want, is this his testimony or not. as the story is right now its a conflict that will push many away from the story.

Hi bro, it is a retrospective, where the player will see and decide the events, after that, the player will narrate his testimony to the police (being able to lie or not).

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
Hello. I got stuck at the look for Tadeshi (Think is his name) quest. He is suppose to be in the girls locker room but im in a loop, cant click more than 4 places and none lead me to him.

Nevermind. Find the locker.

Last edited:

Bullgano10

Mar 6, 2019
Am I crazy or there is no Makoto's underwear? I'm stuck at the school area, I couldn't find any other option for click and take a look for Makoto's underwear

mandudeman

May 28, 2021
Am I crazy or there is no Makoto's underwear? I'm stuck at the school area, I couldn't find any other option for click and take a look for Makoto's underwear
That is the current end of version right this moment as the dev keeps saying up in prior comments from yesterday.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Nice game!

Some typos/mistakes:
Trainer: Silence Dylan. Alex(not chosen name for MC) has been a member of the team for a week.
Naoto: He(She) is a complete monster. It's Impossible to try to score a single point on his(her) side.
Hana: (MC trust(s) me... I can't let him down)
Tadeshi: Yeah, my mom is mexican. (Italian? or part of a joke?)

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexCastle

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of :

Lovely Academy [v0.1.2]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

here you can request there, and below my message, there's a link to my discord

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Heya,

I have played the game.

Did the dev live in a country where the police violence is authorized ?
I'm pretty sure that when a police officer beats a suspect, there is a mistrial and the suspect must be released immediately.
I'm not a fan of that kind of start.
And then the woman who comes in and says: "He's not a bad guy, forgive him" and just before, she said: "let him have a little fun". Seriously, Bitch?
That gorilla, bitch, and Hank should have been fired!
Why the MC didn't call for a lawyer?

We have the famous: "What am I thinking, she is my mother!", and that's funny because just after that, you can go into your half-sister's room and take away her pantie.

The MC seems to hate his mother (I hate her too but not for the same reason). Something important would have been asking her why she abandonned/didn't care about him.

I'm sad to say that but the MVP in the family is currently Tony.

And why we can make choice about other characters than the MC? I really don't have a good feeling about that.

I also wondered where we were. A lot of characters have japanese names, but you still have a Tony or a Dylan.

The game throws a lot of massive bad shounen clichés at your face. It's almost unbearable. You even have the coach with a little secret smile on his face when he saw a good volley player...

The game warning " all the characters are over 18 " is completly fake, because the MC said he was 17, and I think his half-sister is younger, so...

I saw the tag "harem" but there are too much guys in that game for that. You can even see one of them getting a BJ. Why the dev showed us that? Pretty sure you will have the choice to share your girls with them later...
And I saw a lot of "Yeah, the father is dead" thing, but Tony is a step-father, so what?

The overview speaks about a serie of murders, but the game itself doesn't give a shit about it. or maybe, it will later, but in that case, the overview is a big spoiler. What you read in the overview should be in the prologue of the game.

Finally, the game is too heavy for just this content. The dev didn't compress his pictures before include them in the game? There are websites like "tinypng" if it can help you.

My humble conclusion is: the game must be redo entirely:
The dev wanted to show a fearsome cool MC but it failed (MC's thoughts just show that he has absolutly no clue of what happening in his life, you can't feel any confidence from him)
The mother is just thinking about being fucked by Tony instead of asking questions to her own son, like :"How was you life? What did you do?" etc... Just an embarrasing dinner where she even forgot the fucking wine and that's all.
The half-sister is just a classic manga jealous idiotic tsundere girl. The scene where they meet her friend on the way of school is the ultimate proof.
The volley scene was way too long and stupid by compiling all the possible clichés from a sport anime, all the new characters were forgettable (you just remember the "tomboy", the "bitch that the father is the best donor", etc... and special mention to that tattoo-type girl who's smoking, nammed "Raven")
The "find the key" moment was totally useless because there was no reward for it, except continue the story.
The plot of the game is totally misplaced. You catch the player's eye by the serie of murders but you just see the MC's boring new life.
The restaurant scene came out of nowhere, because it was early morning and it's normal to have no custumers, that's why restaurants are not open at that time.

Anyways, clearly not my type of game, I have a bad feeling about it. But I still wish good luck to the dev.

Last edited:

MonkeyZero

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you bro, I'm taking notes of all possible tips to improve my game, it's my first game, but I'm trying to make it better each time.
It's understandable. Another little word of advice, Don't end content in the middle of a quest line.

If we are to retrieve panties and return them for a of some sort, let the player finish that current quest before ending content. That way we the players don't thinks that the quest is broken or missed something. Always follow the current quest through to the end.

Second a series of small questlines that little by little move the plot forward is always better than huge sprawling long questlines in many cases. they are bite sized and allows the player to feel progress easier. You can write and use Large/Long Questlines too, but they should be saved for key moments in the story where things are happening that are very important to the plot and the stakes are very high.

Conversations in games are often as brief as possible while still containing the information the player needs to get the idea of what is happening. Try to have short four or five blocks of talking boxes/Heads Punctuated with a response choice the player can make between these so that they are not just dumped helplessly on by exposition without a feeling a choice.

As weird and bad as it sounds, most games give the player an illusion of meaningful choices and really don't allow them to impact much other then how they respond in these sorts of Dialogue Narrative style games. Sure they also have key variables that my effect the story down the line, but most choices are just a flavored response of Nice, Sarcastic, Naughty and Mean responses they can make to whoever it is they are talking to.

Long Blocks of Dialogue tend to bog down the player with a lot of reading making them feel (Not always correctly) that the Developer is wasting their time and padding out their game with a lot of reading instead of exploration and action. Renpy games are mostly about reading, but they tend to also have choices and require the player to be a little bit active in the way the story is presented to them.

You're doing better than me. I can't even find the key to the wine cellar! :ROFLMAO:
Hmmm, Didn't she mention that she was making coffee?

Why not check to see if she forgot she left the key on top of the coffee maker.

To get to the coffee maker Station, Press the Right Hand Arrow from the Shelves you first start searching at. The shelves where there is a Pen on one of them.

It's sort of well hidden, but you are given a hint in the Dialogue before Hanna leaves you to look for the key.

Reactions: Guz89
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes