Hieronymous

May 3, 2017
Well. I've played through the Sandbox V0.05 and the current Visual Novel V0.3.0.

Here are my thoughts:
Review of the Sandbox Version:
Probably would have like the Sandbox version of the game simplified a little and continued. This version of the game was complicated, but still fun. Some game mechanics in that version were a bit odd. However, the freedom of choice in wandering around the house really gave the game a feel of a ton of content. All the while probably plaguing the developer with moving 4 people around a house 24hrs a day. I can see why Super Alex made the choice of a Visual Novel. It is much easier decision tree-wise to do so.

The plus side of the sandbox version is it give the player much more to do throughout the day / night cycle.
The downside of the sandbox version was it was complicated to activate certain "special" events that only occurred at specific times during the week. Also hampered by not really knowing the other people's schedules.

If he were to develop a future version in the sandbox vein. I'd suggest taking a look at LessonOfPassion's Sensual Hauntings and Living with Temptation. Both of those are similar sandboxish games which he could borrow game mechanics from to smooth out the sandbox variant of this game.

Review of the Visual Novel V0.3.0

This version of the game is an amalgam of both a sandbox and a visual novel. So obtaining all events is much easier compared to the sandbox version because in order to progress the main story. Your character always has to make a yes/no answer in his room. It does away with the money mechanic which I wasn't very fond of. I'm not sure if the relationship mechanic was also ditched or simply hidden.

The plus side of the visual novel is that it's very simple to figure things out.
The downside of the visual novel is that once you play it through once, there is little compelling reason to play through this again.

Overall, I'd say the game will be worth playing for the graphical renders, but I'd doubt there be a reason to play though it multiple times in its current form.

Also, would recommend moving the phone icon for contacting the masseur to the bottom of the screen instead of the top right. Since all of room icons are at the bottom of the screen now, there is little reason for players to look at the top of the screen without the sparkle to indicate they should click there. That or just add a sparkle to the phone to indicate a player should click that.

Reactions: Super Alex

redle

Apr 12, 2017
The first thing I'll say is that the phone should be white, or some other bright color. Its graphic is very dark and displayed over a rather dark room image. I don't know how often it is available to use, but I know that, despite expecting to need to call someone and continually returning to my room and office every chance I could to try and make said call for an entire day I never made the call. It took until the following day when I entered my room (and was told by the game that I forgot to call last night) and was given this warning at least 10 times before I finally noticed that there was a shadowed out phone in the upper right.

Along the same lines, I'm not the biggest fan of the "hunt for the hidden pixel on the screen" to find out what option you have available. This is made worse by the fact that it isn't even hunt on the current image, it is walk all over the house again and again searching 10 or more different rooms for hidden pixels in each one. For me it very much distracts from the game. I spend most of my time not thinking about the story, images, characters, or what choices I want to make. Instead I spend most of my time playing trying to scan for blinky dots and blindly waving my mouse all over the screen. If I have choices, why not just let me know what they are?

All that said, I did like the characters in the game. The renders looked really great too. Even with the frustrations mentioned above I can see myself enjoying future versions of this game. I think I would have preferred the small-area, sandbox, stat-builder setup that it sounds like you were previously building than a linear narrative, but I don't dislike a good VN.

Assuming it does continue in this basically linear fashion, it would be nice to have better feedback on when there is content available. After searching through the house I often find myself at the "go to sleep," or the "work for 4-7 hours" options. These options often even have a warning after clicking on them along the lines of, "are you sure you want to do this, this will bypass many hours?" Even showering comes with a similar warning. These warnings heavily imply that the player is likely to miss out on content if they choose these options. As far as I can tell, these are often the only options available to the player and they MUST choose these options (and they are, therefore, not going to miss out on any content because there is no other way to continue the game). It gives the player a very negative feeling. It would be better if this were reworked (that's my impression on the warnings).

Once again, the game looks good. I just have a few hangups about some of the mechanics. Unlike others, I'm glad you stayed away from ren'py. VN or not, I dislike the python engine and am happy to see any game in something else.

U

User_10739

I'm stuck in the gym after the cheerleader training, there was a yellow text that said CUM but clicking on it never did anything, now it's gone and I'm stuck not being able to move forward...

Reactions: anon123123

anon123123

Oct 29, 2017
I'm stuck in the gym after the cheerleader training, there was a yellow text that said CUM but clicking on it never did anything, now it's gone and I'm stuck not being able to move forward...
go to your room shower after watch tv

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
Hmm, not sure what to feel about the game. It has some good renders but they are wildly inconsistent and quite a few are grainy...then there's also the character that's basically an orange, what's up with that ?!
Another thing is the navigation in the game as it feels clunky and half the time you don't know where you're about to go, that might be just me tho.

Other than that, the story seems interesting but it's too early to say what direction it will take.

Buzz007

Jun 2, 2017
Can someone post a CG rip of 0.3 please ?
I tried to extract the images myself, but the Assets Bundle Extractor always crashes.
Thanks in advance.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
I like the game so far. Nice renders. And I'm hot for Elena! hehehee.
Interesting the Dev put some huge pics with "camera tilt up" like LewdLab has.. tho in thise case, I thought the tilting was too slow

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
Try the Assets Bundle Extractor 2.2b and select the small file not the big file (sharedassets0.assets)
i used unity studio with no problems whatsoever. i would post the cg rip but, there's nothing much going on honestly. most of the cg that was in the old versions are in this one, but not yet implemented.

Reactions: Centrophy

chispasss

Jul 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a problem every time I start the application crash and not let me play version 0.3. Any solution?

Merry Christmas for all. a greeting

PD: sorry for my English but I use the translator.

Reactions: Almighty

JuniorAT

Dec 25, 2017
Yea, Elena is the one that got my attention. Don't really care for the daughter or the maid that much. Just hoping the MC eventually gets some action with Elena, when the boss isn't home.

Story is rather slow, which is not necessarily a bad thing, I just wanna get things moving quicker with the girls. Enjoyed it so far.

Reactions: Centrophy and Xaos

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Strange game, but not offputting. The text speed is annoying (should just be instant), as is the constant hunt for the button that lets you continue with the story, but at least there's no grind. I'll keep an eye on this, and hopefully it won't break down once it gets going.

I did notice two bugs: first is the save/load system not properly resetting events, and the other is the girls' events triggering from the wrong rooms on day 1.

3.00 star(s) 166 Votes