Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
Yes, how dare ANY visual novel creator create THEIR VISUAL NOVEL THE WAY THEY CHOSE TO CREATE IT ?
mass hysteria....
NOTE TO ALL CREATORS, evidently you must now consult the entire world before your allowed to use YOUR IMAGINATION and create anything to check if it's ok with the world that you dare do such a thing with out asking them...

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Yes, how dare ANY visual novel creator create THEIR VISUAL NOVEL THE WAY THEY CHOSE TO CREATE IT ?
mass hysteria....
NOTE TO ALL CREATORS, evidently you must now consult the entire world before your allowed to use YOUR IMAGINATION and create anything to check if it's ok with the world that you dare do such a thing with out asking them...
And here we go. Why are devs writing and communicating here? Its for feedback and this feedback can't always be purely positive because not everyone likes everything.

If we would all act like your sarcastic post, a lot of games would end up way worse than they are because no dev would get any negative feedback and couldn't change a thing to make their games more enjoyable.

Reactions: User_32285

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
I hate to be a bother but I'm stuck in the apartment no other options appear besides webcams, call michelle, tv, and shower. Map and cellphone icons don't work. What did i do to break the game?
I guess you didn't start Ella's event at all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
@Valmora

Actually it is TWO updates - so try getting your facts right.
My criticisms were based on the style of the game - not the story or the images. We had a well paced exciting 6 episodes VN with all sorts of potential, which spawned all sorts of suggestions for plot and development.
Now we have a Sandbox style which can be acceptable, but the 'feel' of the game changed.

AND the plot drifted - it started as a story about a company, LP.
The early episodes were focussed on LP and the MC 'working' with the girls. From a construction point of view, I guess regular daytime interaction in the office could provide much content with the benefit of reusable backgrounds.
Each episode could then introduce an extra location for an evening or nighttime incident.
Michelle's house is certainly reusable and an opportunity for extra activity - I mean for example since Luke bedded the Doc in the early scenes at Michelle's request, why hasn't she reappeared - very easy if she joins in a threesome at Michelle's house.
If these girls are suddenly getting amazing sex, is it reasonable to assume "once is enough" and they won't want more. ;)

Way back in this thread I made suggestions about the office potential - "Employee of the Month" or a "Raffle/Lottery" to make sure all the girls got Luke's services.

Not being very technical, and just reading other comments, I assume the Sandbox option is easier for a developer with fixed 'sets' and I guess the programming may be easier if there is variable progression.

Having said all that there also seem to be varying levels/quality of sandbox.
I really enjoy "Cure My Addiction" which I assume is viewed as a sandbox - but it does not feel grindy to me - there is always something to do, lots of 'quests/achievements' and events progress with new options. You don't have to click through a whole week to do an event again.

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
@Valmora

My criticisms were based on the style of the game - not the story or the images. We had a well paced exciting 6 episodes VN with all sorts of potential, which spawned all sorts of suggestions for plot and development.
Now we have a Sandbox style which can be acceptable, but the 'feel' of the game changed.

AND the plot drifted - it started as a story about a company, LP.
The early episodes were focussed on LP and the MC 'working' with the girls. From a construction point of view, I guess regular daytime interaction in the office could provide much content with the benefit of reusable backgrounds.
Each episode could then introduce an extra location for an evening or nighttime incident.
Michelle's house is certainly reusable and an opportunity for extra activity - I mean for example since Luke bedded the Doc in the early scenes at Michelle's request, why hasn't she reappeared - very easy if she joins in a threesome at Michelle's house.
If these girls are suddenly getting amazing sex, is it reasonable to assume "once is enough" and they won't want more. ;)

Way back in this thread I made suggestions about the office potential - "Employee of the Month" or a "Raffle/Lottery" to make sure all the girls got Luke's services.

Not being very technical, and just reading other comments, I assume the Sandbox option is easier for a developer with fixed 'sets' and I guess the programming may be easier if there is variable progression.

Having said all that there also seem to be varying levels/quality of sandbox.
I really enjoy "Cure My Addiction" which I assume is viewed as a sandbox - but it does not feel grindy to me - there is always something to do, lots of 'quests/achievements' and events progress with new options. You don't have to click through a whole week to do an event again.
Hey Bonhomie!
The story will continue with covering the stories of the first wave of characters, so far I've covered most of them. Girls that didn't had their story continuation are Desiree, Kim and Jeanette (part 2 of Jeanette's story) and when they get their proper story it is the end of Chapter 1 (Also every girl will have her recurring night event).
Rachel, Krysten, Iris and few other new girls are planned for Chapter 2 along with Lorenzo, Michael and Carlo.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Like a lot of people in here, I really didn't care for the sandbox decision and time-waste simulator. Ended up dropping it before the 08 update. Story was pretty good before that part, but it even feels like someone else is writing the story now. Went from clever humor to just a mc who said "fucking slut" a lot. Lots of promise but the recent additions are not for me.

ryonoreiji

Oct 20, 2017
Honestly, to all who read/played the small update V8 content that started playing in a style that's sort of "sandbox style", Thats not really much to base some sort of an opinion on, considering how little you were able to see of it to base a solid judgement and considering what else is to come as far as the story goes, I have no clue how people think they can base complaining on a literal 15 minutes of dialog with one character... People say its a "grind" i saw no grind, as some are with gaining favor/corruption with several novel/games, it still looks just like the same story to me, just that now instead of going through a direct line, "players" Readers will now get to chose what part of the story they want to forward rather its like the office stories, or a story-line that takes place somewhere else on the map, it makes the story more of a pick and chose...
Amazing how people base "I DON'T LIKE THIS" off a single update when you havent even experienced enough of the story/gamepal to REALLY make a decision, since the STORY isnt even finished and the new story telling style just changed in a single small up date, yet it's I HATE THIS...

Just my opinion... Wait and see if you hate it or dont like it when there is enough content added to REALLY judge the new game style...
I'll be honest and say I played the game today for the first time, and the change from linear to sandbox was a letdown, i was engaged in the story and where the desitions took me, but then the sandbox part enter and it's a hard stop on the action to a sea of options that don't take you anywhere because in the end you have to do events in chain to reach somewhere.

So personaly i wish he would go to linear game again (with galery mode) but its not my game and I'll play the game again to see all the options.

But for the most part I liked the game a lot.

Reactions: Valeck and Valmora

Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
@Valmora

actually it was ONE UPDATE, yes the "sandbox" was there in V7, but only the basic form, being able to visit a few places,going from place to place around the map as far as the involved content which was basically not much other than visiting, talking, and the content with Michelle which is to be content the "reader" can do when they chose over and over. AS I SAID, the only real content that was added for readers was the " after dinner invite that was with Ella and her husband" and the actual interactions were in V8, Ella and her husband with the MC, so the actual content that was added was ONE update.

But as you said "We had a well paced exciting 6 episodes VN with all sorts of potential, which spawned all sorts of suggestions for plot and development." how about giving the novel a chance before slamming it ? If the DEV wants to change style to a "sandbox" interface, so that it gives readers more freedom to pick and chose, as well as it being from a stand point better to place new map locations, bars, clubs, shops, parks, or what ever its going to be, plus it makes it easier to introduce the 15+ side stories that from what i am to understand is going to be a real thing, wouldn't you like the CHOICE of who to visit and speak/interact with ? I think of Lukes Way V1 through V6 as the main story setup, now we get to experience the main story as well as all the side stories and interactions as they are introduced one by one... The thing is, people are badmouthing something that they havent even fully experienced yet, they have seen a tiny content with the addition of V7 and its "lets explore and talk" and the in V8 we got to see a little more with the after dinner interactions with the re-invite by Ella and her husband to their house or the other options we were given to chose from...

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
actually it was ONE UPDATE, yes the "sandbox" was there in V7, but only the basic form, being able to visit a few places,going from place to place around the map as far as the involved content which was basically not much other than visiting, talking, and the content with Michelle which is to be content the "reader" can do when they chose over and over. AS I SAID, the only real content that was added for readers was the " after dinner invite that was with Ella and her husband" and the actual interactions were in V8, Ella and her husband with the MC, so the actual content that was added was ONE update.

But as you said "We had a well paced exciting 6 episodes VN with all sorts of potential, which spawned all sorts of suggestions for plot and development." how about giving the novel a chance before slamming it ? If the DEV wants to change style to a "sandbox" interface, so that it gives readers more freedom to pick and chose, as well as it being from a stand point better to place new map locations, bars, clubs, shops, parks, or what ever its going to be, plus it makes it easier to introduce the 15+ side stories that from what i am to understand is going to be a real thing, wouldn't you like the CHOICE of who to visit and speak/interact with ? I think of Lukes Way V1 through V6 as the main story setup, now we get to experience the main story as well as all the side stories and interactions as they are introduced one by one... The thing is, people are badmouthing something that they havent even fully experienced yet, they have seen a tiny content with the addition of V7 and its "lets explore and talk" and the in V8 we got to see a little more with the after dinner interactions with the re-invite by Ella and her husband to their house or the other options we were given to chose from...
You are being WAY too defensive about it. People are are giving reactions based on what was released. If the dev didn't want feedback on an unfinished product then he shouldnt have released it. So far he has been completely welcoming in feedback and you are overreacting FAR more then he is. Having criticisms of a game direction isnt badmouthing it if that is all we have to go on.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
The mother is doing/training to do the MC's old job at the office.
Yes, already 3 versions, one scene.
At least watch TV together, can not talk? In the cafe to go, buy a dress? He works in such a company and walks in such clothes ...

cryzaeford

Jul 5, 2017
when I 1st saw Lorenzo I was like "Oh shit I'm gonna die!" then he ended up being Michelle's dad(or is he?) then I breathed a sigh of relief.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
I have been replaying this from the start, as several of my early saves did not work, and I came across a 'promise' from Michelle to Carrie after Luke's interview:
"Get Luke on board and I will give you a good time … for a long time"

That's a scene I hope the developer has under construction ;) although I recall, and will be looking for it in my rerun, Michelle also suggests she is not very experienced with making out with women.
Her character does seem to suffer from some inconsistencies in the story.

3.60 star(s) 60 Votes