anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'm curious, @EvilUser , are you really going through the whole game by using Boolean flags instead of a real points system ? Not that I care this much, since I'm not the one who have to keep track of all those v[day]_[Girl ID]_temp[x] flags. But the game is interesting and coded this way it will soon or later lead to a big crash on the wall, which will be a shame.

Reactions: poloko and botc76

thryllth

Jul 15, 2017
Good lord so many giggles, and it appears to be getting worse. There were as many giggles in chapter 3 as there was in 1 and 2 combined.

Reactions: CaptMorgan76

bronze189

Oct 2, 2017
Gotta agree with the others - the Engrish in this is so off-putting that I actually deleted the thing before the first sex scene.

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
I'm curious, @EvilUser , are you really going through the whole game by using Boolean flags instead of a real points system ? Not that I care this much, since I'm not the one who have to keep track of all those v[day]_[Girl ID]_temp[x] flags. But the game is interesting and coded this way it will soon or later lead to a big crash on the wall, which will be a shame.
Before I released the first version I thought of kicking off with points system but if did that the game would be more grinding, so every release would be just a few scenes without much of a content and probably vulnerable to bugs which consume time to be found and fixed... I decided to use boolean flags and release 1 or more days of content per update...

Smexy

Dec 29, 2017
dudes its horror :FeelsGoodMan:, im gonna have nightmare after playing this game seeing all this girls face :WutFace:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Before I released the first version I thought of kicking off with points system but if did that the game would be more grinding, so every release would be just a few scenes without much of a content
What are you talking about ?
Have you heard of a small almost unknown game named (to take only one example) ? It have no grinding, a linear content like your game, each update add a whole day to the game, and it use three points systems. One useless since it just mark the static evolution of the relation, one that influence the way the story goes, and one that influence the way the scenes are played.

and probably vulnerable to bugs which consume time to be found and fixed...
Do you really think that :
Code:
   if carri_points > 6:
      [...]
   elif car_points > 3:
      [...]
   else:
      [...]
is more vulnerable to bugs and harder to debug than your actual :
Code:
    if v1_c_temp3:
        [...]
    else:
        [...]
        if v1_c_temp2:
            [...]
        else:
            [...]
and others :
Code:
    if v1_c_temp2:
        [...]
        $ v1_c_temp3 = True
   [...]
    if v1_c_temp3:
        [...]
        $ v1_c_temp4 = True
My experience tell me the opposite. The deeper you'll go on the story, the more your flag system will be hard to maintain ; especially with this kind of naming convention. Soon you'll start to make typos on each three parts of the flags' name, using a day 5 flag instead of the day 4 one like you intended, using a Michelle (m_) flag instead of a Melissa (mel_) one, and/or using the third flag instead of the second one.
Not only you'll don't even see it, but you'll have to pass through your whole code to remember what's exactly the flag you were supposed to use. And don't think that you are too good for this. Even coder with decades of experiences make these kind of errors. Just look at what you already did. All you have to do for the incest patch is to remember that when you wrote "neighbor", "Rachel", "ex" or "Krysten", you have to duplicate the line and change its content ; still once you didn't changed the said content...

But well, it's your game, you code it the way you want and pass the time you want writing it. The good thing is that if you start to struggle too much with your system, there's an easy way to revert the whole game to a more reliable system without forcing the player to start a new game ; just search on the "guide" section of the forum.

Reactions: poloko and botc76

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
What are you talking about ?
Have you heard of a small almost unknown game named (to take only one example) ? It have no grinding, a linear content like your game, each update add a whole day to the game, and it use three points systems. One useless since it just mark the static evolution of the relation, one that influence the way the story goes, and one that influence the way the scenes are played.

Do you really think that :
Code:
   if carri_points > 6:
      [...]
   elif car_points > 3:
      [...]
   else:
      [...]
is more vulnerable to bugs and harder to debug than your actual :
Code:
    if v1_c_temp3:
        [...]
    else:
        [...]
        if v1_c_temp2:
            [...]
        else:
            [...]
and others :
Code:
    if v1_c_temp2:
        [...]
        $ v1_c_temp3 = True
   [...]
    if v1_c_temp3:
        [...]
        $ v1_c_temp4 = True
My experience tell me the opposite. The deeper you'll go on the story, the more your flag system will be hard to maintain ; especially with this kind of naming convention. Soon you'll start to make typos on each three parts of the flags' name, using a day 5 flag instead of the day 4 one like you intended, using a Michelle (m_) flag instead of a Melissa (mel_) one, and/or using the third flag instead of the second one.
Not only you'll don't even see it, but you'll have to pass through your whole code to remember what's exactly the flag you were supposed to use. And don't think that you are too good for this. Even coder with decades of experiences make these kind of errors. Just look at what you already did. All you have to do for the incest patch is to remember that when you wrote "neighbor", "Rachel", "ex" or "Krysten", you have to duplicate the line and change its content ; still once you didn't changed the said content...

But well, it's your game, you code it the way you want and pass the time you want writing it. The good thing is that if you start to struggle too much with your system, there's an easy way to revert the whole game to a more reliable system without forcing the player to start a new game ; just search on the "guide" section of the forum.

Thanks for the advice, I am sure I will remember this for my next game. I am not well experienced coder so every advice, lesson, etc. is very appreciated. I hope the game will go easy the way it is

pgXIII

Dec 26, 2017
At the beginning of the game when she asks do you mind if I sleep around and it says cuck open is she doing it with only girls or guys too?

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
At the beginning of the game when she asks do you mind if I sleep around and it says cuck open is she doing it with only girls or guys too?
think its with both i think if there is other males in the company
i closed the rout

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Man I can’t wait for this update enough I guess I’ll go lurk around Depraved Awakening thread I will wait patiently in the corner o_O:test2::test2::test2:

U

User_10739

Here's my "squashed like bug" (compressed) version.

Lossy compression is used. (means some, image/audio/video quality may be reduced to make files smaller)
I have a 27" monitor and I don't notice any difference but you may, so, if you don't like it, tell someone who gives a shit...

Luke's Way [v0.04] [Evil User] - Original Size: (611MB)

Squashed Download Win (92MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.60 star(s) 60 Votes