Jeck30

Sep 1, 2022
youve been here long enough to know that people dont know how to use the search function :KEK:
I did and there's no Renpy folder under the ˜/Library folder

And there are 2 Library folders, one in the HD root and another under system folder. There's no library folder under my user.
In mac, you can type COMMAND + SHIFT + G and go directly to the desired folder. But the "RenPy" folder doesn't exist. The 0.22 version of the game is running properly with my savegame intact, btw

Last edited:

Sharingan Warrior

Apr 18, 2020
Sorry didnt read any previous threads
updated the game on steam launched it and loaded a previous save am i missing out on something??
if its achievements do i have to play from the begining?

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

And there are 2 Library folders, one in the HD root and another under system folder. There's no library folder under my user
That's because thats the new folder you have to make, I think. You just need to find the old folder and copy you saves over. But am not a Mac user, so not sure.

Jeck30

Sep 1, 2022
That's because thats the new folder you have to make, I think. You just need to find the old folder and copy you saves over. But am not a Mac user, so not sure.
As far as I understood, the new folder should be there, but empty. But the search function should show both of them or at least the old one...

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
As far as I understood, the new folder should be there, but empty. But the search function should show both of them or at least the old one...
I think the new folder would be only there, if you already started the new game version once or saved once (not sure which of both). Just copy the old saves over to the new folder location, if there is no folder make one. That should work, if not best would be to wait for PBS666, he's the Mac guru :p

Jeck30

Sep 1, 2022
I think the new folder would be only there, if you already started the new game version once or saved once (not sure which of both). Just copy the old saves over to the new folder location, if there is no folder make one. That should work, if not best would be to wait for PBS666, he's the Mac guru :p
I'll wait for him then, because I can't find any "renpy" folder anywhere in my HD

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

And there are 2 Library folders, one in the HD root and another under system folder. There's no library folder under my user.
In mac, you can type COMMAND + SHIFT + G and go directly to the desired folder. But the "RenPy" folder doesn't exist. The 0.22 version of the game is running properly with my savegame intact, btw
Shift+A or Shift+F doesn't work for that.
If your 0.22 it's running then you must have the save folder too or else the game wouldn't work properly.
The correct library is the one you have in the library system on your internal HD/System/UserName/Library and you should find it with the Command+Shift+G and enter the:~/Library/RenPy .
In case try the old school way: the finder's icon on your dock, right click on it paste ~/Library and you will find the correct one there is located your Renpy save folder ( or should be).
For me it work so it should for you too. :)

Reactions: Bob69

Jeck30

Sep 1, 2022
Shift+A or Shift+F doesn't work for that.
If your 0.22 it's running then you must have the save folder too or else the game wouldn't work properly.
The correct library is the one you have in the library system on your internal HD/System/UserName/Library and you should find it with the Command+Shift+G and enter the:~/Library/RenPy .
In case try the old school way: the finder's icon on your dock, right click on it paste ~/Library and you will find the correct one there is located your Renpy save folder ( or should be).
For me it work so it should for you too. :)
That's everything I have under user. And there's no other user profile in this mac

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
That's everything I have under user. And there's no other user profile in this mac
Strange, it's a hidden folder but you should have found it using the commands, give me some sec to understand what can be wrong and I will try to help. :)
Wait it just occurred to me, did you used the alt key to display hidden folder when you did these operations? Because it can be due to that you can't see it, try this before doing anything else.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
thanks a lot!
Ok, let's try this, click on the go in the command bar in the upper part in the monitor holding the alt key, and look if the library show if yes click on library and it should be open the library folder in another window.
it should appear something similar:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I imported my old save, everything looks fine except I can't progress with Amy, the variable amyprogress is 53, and the hint tells me to talk to her by the pool, I tried every time of the day but she's nowhere to be seen and I can't call her via phone either. Looked for her at the gym but still nothing

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Spotlight search is next to useless. It does not search in hidden folders, nor inside packages.
I recommend Easyfind (freeware from Devon technologies) as a search tool.

In addition to all what Dylan741 has posted:

The Library folder in your home folder is hidden by default (which is silly IMO). To go there in Finder, open the Go menu > Go to Folder... (or use the keyboard combo shift-command-G) and type in the path: ~/Library (the ~ indicates the path starts in your home folder)

Alternatively, you can make your Library folder permanently visible (which is what I recommend)
To do this, select your home folder in the sidebar of a Finder window and then open the menu View > Show View Options (or combo command-J). Then put a tick at Show Library folder.
If your home folder is not visible in the sidebar, go to Finder preferences - Show these items in the sidebar and tick your homefolder.

Caveat: do not confuse ~/Library with /Library or /System/Library

Reactions: Dylan741 and Bob69

Jeck30

Sep 1, 2022
Ok, let's try this, click on the go in the command bar in the upper part in the monitor holding the alt key, and look if the library show if yes click on library and it should be open the library folder in another window.
it should appear something similar:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yay! Way to go! The Library folder was hidden! It worked!!

Reactions: Dylan741

Jeck30

Sep 1, 2022
Spotlight search is next to useless. It does not search in hidden folders, nor inside packages.
I recommend Easyfind (freeware from Devon technologies) as a search tool.

In addition to all what Dylan741 has posted:

The Library folder in your home folder is hidden by default (which is silly IMO). To go there in Finder, open the Go menu > Go to Folder... (or use the keyboard combo shift-command-G) and type in the path: ~/Library (the ~ indicates the path starts in your home folder)

Alternatively, you can make your Library folder permanently visible (which is what I recommend)
To do this, select your home folder in the sidebar of a Finder window and then open the menu View > Show View Options (or combo command-J). Then put a tick at Show Library folder.
If your home folder is not visible in the sidebar, go to Finder preferences - Show these items in the sidebar and tick your homefolder.

Caveat: do not confuse ~/Library with /Library or /System/Library
Thanks for the info, PBS666. I did what Dylan741 suggested and it worked. With your tip, Library is visible now. I'll look for this easyfind app :)

Reactions: PBS666

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I imported my old save, everything looks fine except I can't progress with Amy, the variable amyprogress is 53, and the hint tells me to talk to her by the pool, I tried every time of the day but she's nowhere to be seen and I can't call her via phone either. Looked for her at the gym but still nothing
Most likely you need to try on a different day. IIRC the phone to invite people over does not appear if Katie or Amber are sunbathing.

PTGames

Developer of Lunar's Chosen
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
Thanks but I already tried over different days
That is during the part where she is in Amber's body. Talk to her when she's sunbathing. Sunday or Wednesday afternoons iirc?

Reactions: darlic
3.90 star(s) 87 Votes