JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
I didn't have the problem with savegames (yet), but I find it strange that this game has a progress bar when loading a savegame and it takes fucking forever (OK, it's only 12 seconds) to load a save. I've played hundreds of Ren'Py games and most of them were both larger in size and significantly more complex than this game. I can't recall any of them that have had a load progress bar or any of them that took so long to load. They all take only 1 or 2 seconds. Something's amiss with this game.

Edit: Stranger still is that the save file size is only 200-300kB in this game where is it is 2MB-3MB in other games. Yeah, something's amiss.

Last edited:

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I didn't have the problem with savegames (yet), but I find it strange that this game has a progress bar when loading a savegame and it takes fucking forever (OK, it's only 12 seconds) to load a save. I've played hundreds of Ren'Py games and most of them were both larger in size and significantly more complex than this game. I can't recall any of them that have had a load progress bar or any of them that took so long to load. They all take only 1 or 2 seconds. Something's amiss with this game.

Edit: Stranger still is that the save file size is only 200-300kB in this game where is it is 2MB-3MB in other games. Yeah, something's amiss.
Maybe you have low RAM?
We didn't have such types of reports, usually it's smth is about 2-4 sec to load, but if you load your system hard - loading can takes more time

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Maybe you have low RAM?
We didn't have such types of reports, usually it's smth is about 2-4 sec to load, but if you load your system hard - loading can takes more time
This system is a Windows desktop with Core i7-5775C, 16GB DDR4, GTX970, 750GB Crucial MX300 + 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD. It's not a modern gaming PC, but it's not slow by any means. I'm not sure what you mean by "if you load your system hard". It's not like I'm transcoding video in the background, there is nothing else actively running on the system, and literally no other Ren'Py games take this long to load (note that saves don't take long on this game).

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
This system is a Windows desktop with Core i7-5775C, 16GB DDR4, GTX970, 750GB Crucial MX300 + 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD. It's not a modern gaming PC, but it's not slow by any means. I'm not sure what you mean by "if you load your system hard". It's not like I'm transcoding video in the background, there is nothing else actively running on the system, and literally no other Ren'Py games take this long to load (note that saves don't take long on this game).
Yeah, okay. Will take a look

Mimas

Oct 23, 2018
impossible to save and especially to relaunch its save, I will test your game when we can save its progress, no interest as it is... sry

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016

i thought it was strange the load bar takes a bit of time for me too, but if you hit ctrl you can skip it

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
i thought it was strange the load bar takes a bit of time for me too, but if you hit ctrl you can skip it
LOL, sure enough, pressing <Ctrl> instantly skips the slow progress bar. I suspected it was just something artificial since loading ~250kB from an SSD should take a few milliseconds, not several seconds.

Last edited:

ronniq_390

Mar 15, 2021
Is there anyway
to progress with Leona? I have completed all other quests, but the directions for Leona are telling me to just wait. Not sure how to proceed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
For me the event triggered automatically in the morning after the sleeping. But can't remember how many days I played through.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Same problem for me: version 4.2; no mods; Sandbox.
It saves correctly for the first week of game; now if I save the game at any point when I load it I restart from the same point (thursday morning). The Auto-Save stops working too.
Attached two example
Hm, Did you find any other patterns after which the saves stopped working correctly?
Because we can't catch the error on our own

3.80 star(s) 163 Votes