blobbo66

Apr 13, 2022
Just to be sure:
Do you think the in-game dialogues are bad because of "bad english" or because they are bad in their "idea" (i.e. the core idea of the dialogues, what and how they talk to each other)?

+ If you have examples of "terrible" or unnatural dialogue or anything you feel "lifeless" feel free to share it here :)
I think i know what they are referring to. The english is fine, as is the grammar. A few grammatical and spelling errors here and there but nothing to complain about. The actual dialogue however is....unusual. They way some of the characters talk to each other seems really old fashioned but it's quite intense(?). I noticed it myself on several occasions and was just thinking no one talks like that. Its mainly when the MC is romancing a girl. They are supposed to be modern day young adults but sometimes they speak like they are in a 50s cheesy romance novel. I personally wouldn't consider it an issue but it does takeaway from the immersion a little

amipedro

Nov 21, 2018
I think i know what they are referring to. The english is fine, as is the grammar. A few grammatical and spelling errors here and there but nothing to complain about. The actual dialogue however is....unusual. They way some of the characters talk to each other seems really old fashioned but it's quite intense(?). I noticed it myself on several occasions and was just thinking no one talks like that. Its mainly when the MC is romancing a girl. They are supposed to be modern day young adults but sometimes they speak like they are in a 50s cheesy romance novel. I personally wouldn't consider it an issue but it does takeaway from the immersion a little
Yeah the way characters interact with each other feels very weird but hey, most games nowadays follow these formulas. Devs prefer a fuckable girl/guy instead of a character with ACTUAL personality. It feels odd imo.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Just to be sure:
Do you think the in-game dialogues are bad because of "bad english" or because they are bad in their "idea" (i.e. the core idea of the dialogues, what and how they talk to each other)?

+ If you have examples of "terrible" or unnatural dialogue or anything you feel "lifeless" feel free to share it here :)
Both.

There is bad English but not in terms of grammar or spelling (mostly.). Most sentences read like it's written by an ESL. It's kinda like getting a "please do the needful" email by the Indian tech dude in your company. It's technically correct, but whatever sentence they imagined in their native tongue does not translate well to English directly, i.e. actual native speakers find it really weird and would have used different words for the same thing. This sort of phrasing is very common in the game, where it's just a whole bunch of weird, unusual lines.

As for "idea", yeah, lines are bad. Characters don't have depth, they act like they're all neurotic and in general none of the romance or flirting is believable. Sure it's a fantasy world but people are people. They fall in love too fast, get angry too quickly, the lines are a mess.

Finding specific examples would probably help you a lot but I really can't be bothered to go back to the game and collect lines...sorry man. I appreciate the rest of the game and your efforts though.

Reactions: aragh

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Both.

There is bad English but not in terms of grammar or spelling (mostly.). Most sentences read like it's written by an ESL. It's kinda like getting a "please do the needful" email by the Indian tech dude in your company. It's technically correct, but whatever sentence they imagined in their native tongue does not translate well to English directly, i.e. actual native speakers find it really weird and would have used different words for the same thing. This sort of phrasing is very common in the game, where it's just a whole bunch of weird, unusual lines.

As for "idea", yeah, lines are bad. Characters don't have depth, they act like they're all neurotic and in general none of the romance or flirting is believable. Sure it's a fantasy world but people are people. They fall in love too fast, get angry too quickly, the lines are a mess.

Finding specific examples would probably help you a lot but I really can't be bothered to go back to the game and collect lines...sorry man. I appreciate the rest of the game and your efforts though.
Thanks for that :)
We will check everything and will try to improve it
English should be not a big problem, We are proofreading it rn, and hope will be finished by 3.3.1d

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Thanks for that :)
We will check everything and will try to improve it
English should be not a big problem, We are proofreading it rn, and hope will be finished by 3.3.1d
You and your development team's commitment to improving the quality of the dialogue is greatly appreciated.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
You and your development team's commitment to improving the quality of the dialogue is greatly appreciated.
Sure thing, it's silly to be deaf to community voice.
There is a simple logic:
Deliver a better game - increase the game awareness, cuz more people will love it and leave positive reviews + tell about it to their friends or community - increase the game sales

So if we can do a better product, everyone will be happy (win-win). Gamers will get the game they love, we get extra money, which we can spend on development of this or any new product.

Nov 23, 2020
Can you use catalysts in the arena? When I activate them the spell backfires making me take damage.. am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

lepoutanol

May 10, 2023
Hello Bear in the Night ,
First,I wanted to thank you for providing one of the best VNs that ever been created!Second,I would like to ask some question.Are you planning on giving us endings with all of the girls.Different endings,same edings between some girls etc etc?For example my fav is Dakota.Second was Lilly. For example,are you planning to get MC to propose to Dakota in later chapters/season asking her dad her hand and get married?For Lilly,are you planning the same?Marriage?Meet with her parents just like Dakota?You decided to let Lilly go so I dont know if it is even possible right now.I really hope you are planning to bring her back for good!I know for me it's Dakota.But I also love Victoria,Sabrina,Adele,Ashley,Irena.I also want to see these 5 with this type of ending I mentioned for Dakota & Lilly.Because for me it's all of these girls I mentioned,but for another person it could be Hayley,Amellie,Gabriella etc etc.So,there are is my thank you for the game and some of my questions. I really hope you are considering making these type of endings not only for these 2 girls,but most of them or better all of them.

Bear in the Night

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Hello Bear in the Night ,
First,I wanted to thank you for providing one of the best VNs that ever been created!Second,I would like to ask some question.Are you planning on giving us endings with all of the girls.Different endings,same edings between some girls etc etc?For example my fav is Dakota.Second was Lilly. For example,are you planning to get MC to propose to Dakota in later chapters/season asking her dad her hand and get married?For Lilly,are you planning the same?Marriage?Meet with her parents just like Dakota?You decided to let Lilly go so I dont know if it is even possible right now.I really hope you are planning to bring her back for good!I know for me it's Dakota.But I also love Victoria,Sabrina,Adele,Ashley,Irena.I also want to see these 5 with this type of ending I mentioned for Dakota & Lilly.Because for me it's all of these girls I mentioned,but for another person it could be Hayley,Amellie,Gabriella etc etc.So,there are is my thank you for the game and some of my questions. I really hope you are considering making these type of endings not only for these 2 girls,but most of them or better all of them.
Hey!
Yeah maybe, but game still has not ended.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Dear Witches & Wizards! Welcome to our weekly DevUpdate!
But first, here's your weekly dose of dad jokes:
Why does vampire student often get into detention?
Because he is a pain in the neck!

Literally! But, hey, we know you're here not only for the jokes. It's time to share more news about things we've done this week:
  • Finished planning Grace's storyline for version 3.4.1
  • Finished planning Haley's storyline for version 3.4.1
  • Retouched 98! renders to maximize their magical atmosphere
  • Finished 77 renders with Samantha, Ashley, June, and Kayla for version 3.4.1
  • Finished 3 amazing 60fps animations for version 3.3.1 and beyond.
That's it for today! Stay tuned for more information, and have a great week!

Sincerely,
Bear in the Night team.

lepoutanol

May 10, 2023
Hey!
Yeah maybe, but game still has not ended.
Of course I know the game hasnt ended yet. But I would like to see all the things I described to you. And I think I'm not the only one. Imagine how good the game would be if at the end of it would have different/similar endings I already suggested.

3.80 star(s) 164 Votes