Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Hey y'all I accidentally clicked the new game button, and the continue option is now greyed out. Is there any way I can get my old save back?
You should be able to just open the save menu from in-game and load up your in-progress save, provided you haven't saved over it.

WTSMG

Jun 13, 2019
You should be able to just open the save menu from in-game and load up your in-progress save, provided you haven't saved over it.
I tried loading up from the MC's phone in the new game but all the slots in there were empty. Is there anywhere else that I should be loading from?

WTSMG

Jun 13, 2019
Apparently you haven't saved the game. Your mistake, save often. :p
I'm pretty sure I had two save files before this happened. One at around 65%ish and another that I saved at an earlier point in time. I save over them after every playthrough via the phone. Then again if there was another way to save that I should've used I probably didn't do that I guess.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Apparently you haven't saved the game. Your mistake, save often. :p
Especially in RPGM games and Unity. Ren'PY you don't have to save as often since I find it basically to never crash, but saving often is just a good idea. It definitely sounds like you might've just not saved in your previous run, which is unfortunate - with Lust Epidemic there may be an autosave feature you might want to turn on. (At the very least I think there's a "remind to save" feature in the options.)

Reactions: Qmil679

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I'm pretty sure I had two save files before this happened. One at around 65%ish and another that I saved at an earlier point in time. I save over them after every playthrough via the phone. Then again if there was another way to save that I should've used I probably didn't do that I guess.
Well, I don't know how to help, sorry. I've never had a problem with save. Weird. :D

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
When does this happen?
Sorry, I'm not really sure. I just remember a few times Your Father was used when the context made it clear that they were referring to her son. Actually, I'm not sure if it ever properly used Your Son in dialogue.

Now that I'm looking at it, it seems like the names_bugged.txt from the patch link is missing Son from the text file. I'm not even sure where I got the current names.txt from that I'm using, I grabbed it from somewhere a few weeks ago when I downloaded the game.

Reactions: Brovalon

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Sorry, I'm not really sure. I just remember a few times Your Father was used when the context made it clear that they were referring to her son. Actually, I'm not sure if it ever properly used Your Son in dialogue.

Now that I'm looking at it, it seems like the names_bugged.txt from the patch link is missing Son from the text file. I guess it calls them up based on a word count, with 5 being Father instead of Son? Strangely the original names.txt that came with the game seems to also be calling her mom and stuff, so it already has incest?
Probably just stuff that got missed as they released it causing issues later on. I definitely remember those moments you're talking about, though. I definitely remember "father" being in some jarring places and going: What did I just miss?

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
Probably just stuff that got missed as they released it causing issues later on. I definitely remember those moments you're talking about, though. I definitely remember "father" being in some jarring places and going: What did I just miss?
Lol yeah. I edited my post btw because I just realized that what I thought was the original names.txt that I backed up, was actually an incest patch that I downloaded originally when I got the game and forgot about it. So now I'm not even sure where I got that from, because the names.txt in the OP incest patch is different and missing Son as a 5th word (which I'm assuming is where the 'Your Father' bug was coming from).

Reactions: Brovalon

fattrapper

Modder
Jun 19, 2019
I'll try and find the time to got through the game again, but ATM I don't know when this will be. It might not be until the weekend.

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017
Hi guy & girls can one tell me is there number room guide, if so what no page is it on please help

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
How to go to father's office on the third floor? There are boxes blocking the way, how do I move them?
You can find a convertible hand truck in the attic I think.

Hi guy & girls can one tell me is there number room guide, if so what no page is it on please help
Unfortunately I never found it myself either, you just kind of gradually learn what room is what number or thereabouts based off of your time playing. If you're using the walkthrough, then just go into every room you can until you find what you're looking for.

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017
You can find a convertible hand truck in the attic I think.

Unfortunately I never found it myself either, you just kind of gradually learn what room is what number or thereabouts based off of your time playing. If you're using the walkthrough, then just go into every room you can until you find what you're looking for.
i kown but sure i seen a map like this rooms number 1599188757974.png

Reactions: ozmosis
4.40 star(s) 253 Votes