Sassan011

Jun 16, 2022
is there a way to lower your stats? or to have sessions anyway? because I can't unlock Ornelia's scene and I have all my stats at max

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
This kind of issue seems inexplicable and likely stems from the game engine... I'm starting to wonder if it's healthier for the game's future to switch to a different engine now. Visual Novel Maker is unstable and no longer supported.
There's always Ren'Py and Unity. Both are pretty stable and well supported as well.
While both would work for this game I'd definitely research to see which one would be better fit for you personally.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
There's always Ren'Py and Unity. Both are pretty stable and well supported as well.
While both would work for this game I'd definitely research to see which one would be better fit for you personally.
Given the many Projects similiar to this one the consence seems to be that RenPy can't support any complex management aspect in the long run... graphical visual novels are it's butter and bread... anything beyond requires strong nerves and time

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Minor suggestion: Darken the text on the 'write your name' screen. White text on that colour of background is unreadable.

EDIT: Hmm. Was going through the intro. Was on view three of the handjob. The screen said 'look at my eyes'. The screen then locked. Didn't let me switch to view 2, didn't let me do anything. This puts me off the game.

Last edited:

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Given the many Projects similiar to this one the consence seems to be that RenPy can't support any complex management aspect in the long run... graphical visual novels are it's butter and bread... anything beyond requires strong nerves and time
There's a game called 'My Family Farm' that has similar farming mechanics to this done totally in Ren'py. And there are a number of sandbox style games that 'do' have management elements to them so it's doable.
But yeah, if want more overall versatility, then Unity would be your best bet but honestly? A lot of these kind of games I've played on Unity could be done in Ren'Py too. Then again, Unity 'is' more versatile and you can add in more features for sure. Take Hail Dickattor that is really only on Unity because there's more stats to keep track of along with a bigger, ore indepth management system.

Regardless. Feature rich sandbox style games can totally be done with either engine. It's just a matter of knowing the engines limits and what you want. Hell, I've played straight visual novels done in RPG maker and RPGs made in Ren'py.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
This kind of issue seems inexplicable and likely stems from the game engine... I'm starting to wonder if it's healthier for the game's future to switch to a different engine now. Visual Novel Maker is unstable and no longer supported.
I think it is never good to work with a game engine that isn't supported anymore.
Maybe Unity or something along those lines would be the better decision.

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Also, the growth time for the Zynkable is a bit too long in my opinion. 7 to 8 days maybe, but 10 are out of proportion.

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Maybe a fertilizer doubling the results would be nice. If it costs 20000, so be it.

Also, I hope you plan more than just four fields.

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
is there a way to lower your stats? or to have sessions anyway? because I can't unlock Ornelia's scene and I have all my stats at max
Hmm, I don't see the issue; normally, you can have sessions even with your stat at its maximum. Most scenes with Ornella should be practiced in the morning or at noon.
I'm testing Unreal Engine. It's a bit overkill, I know, but I want something that ticks all the boxes: something recent (and thus with support), something that allows me to do what I want (which is fine because my game isn't very complicated), and above all, software where coding isn't mandatory. Unreal's blueprint system is decent, although it's still more complicated than VNM.
I also have some acquaintances who work with this engine (they're the ones who recommended it to me), so I shouldn't be without a solution normally. I'm testing; nothing is decided yet.
Minor suggestion: Darken the text on the 'write your name' screen. White text on that colour of background is unreadable.

EDIT: Hmm. Was going through the intro. Was on view three of the handjob. The screen said 'look at my eyes'. The screen then locked. Didn't let me switch to view 2, didn't let me do anything. This puts me off the game.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll consider it.
full save (no cheat activated)
love route (except mom)
save #0 and # 1: choice of love AND Dom mom route.
I'm glad to see that someone has finished everything!! Have you encountered many crashes?
I think it is never good to work with a game engine that isn't supported anymore.
Maybe Unity or something along those lines would be the better decision.
I made the (huge) mistake of trusting the 'rpg maker' license because initially, that's where I wanted to go. It was on their site that I discovered VNM, and I went for it without thinking. I thought that since it was from the same series, it must be of quality... I only learned after several months of development that it was just a collaboration and that there was no longer any support.
Maybe a fertilizer doubling the results would be nice. If it costs 20000, so be it.

Also, I hope you plan more than just four fields.
Thank you for the feedback; yes, the farm is expected to evolve in the future (but not the near future! I'm still finishing the initial scenes for all the characters).

Reactions: Evangelion-01

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Qualyfast only seems to increase the speed but not so much the quality. Or I had very bad luck for roughly 30 ingame days...

It would also be of a lot of help to learn which vegebubbles the girls are missing to advance to the next step.

Last edited:

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
What variable should I check to see if Qualyfast has triggered properly? I'm now at 40 days in and not one single high quality vegebubble has appeared. It's as if Qualyfast didn't trigger properly.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Now that this has had several updates time to give it a try, can't wait till pregnancy comes into play.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
There's a game called 'My Family Farm' that has similar farming mechanics to this done totally in Ren'py. And there are a number of sandbox style games that 'do' have management elements to them so it's doable.
But yeah, if want more overall versatility, then Unity would be your best bet but honestly? A lot of these kind of games I've played on Unity could be done in Ren'Py too. Then again, Unity 'is' more versatile and you can add in more features for sure. Take Hail Dickattor that is really only on Unity because there's more stats to keep track of along with a bigger, ore indepth management system.

Regardless. Feature rich sandbox style games can totally be done with either engine. It's just a matter of knowing the engines limits and what you want. Hell, I've played straight visual novels done in RPG maker and RPGs made in Ren'py.
It's doable, but takes more effort... if you have to choose from either engine there are 2 thoughts to entertain... which program language is better for you and which engine allows you to make the game with the least effort.
Many RenPy management games I have seen were made in renPy because the Devs considered Python a better fit language wise than Unity.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
It's doable, but takes more effort... if you have to choose from either engine there are 2 thoughts to entertain... which program language is better for you and which engine allows you to make the game with the least effort.
Many RenPy management games I have seen were made in renPy because the Devs considered Python a better fit language wise than Unity.
Right, which 8s why I said to look into both and see what you'd think would be the best fit while keeping limits in mind.
I'm not advocating one over the other so much as just stati g that it's doable, they're stable engines, and well supported. Plus, I did say Un8ty is more versatile overall.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Qualyfast only seems to increase the speed but not so much the quality. Or I had very bad luck for roughly 30 ingame days...

It would also be of a lot of help to learn which vegebubbles the girls are missing to advance to the next step.
I dunno. I've been using qualifast and git n9thing but h8gh quality items.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Hmm, I don't see the issue; normally, you can have sessions even with your stat at its maximum. Most scenes with Ornella should be practiced in the morning or at noon.

I'm testing Unreal Engine. It's a bit overkill, I know, but I want something that ticks all the boxes: something recent (and thus with support), something that allows me to do what I want (which is fine because my game isn't very complicated), and above all, software where coding isn't mandatory. Unreal's blueprint system is decent, although it's still more complicated than VNM.
I also have some acquaintances who work with this engine (they're the ones who recommended it to me), so I shouldn't be without a solution normally. I'm testing; nothing is decided yet.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll consider it.

I'm glad to see that someone has finished everything!! Have you encountered many crashes?

I made the (huge) mistake of trusting the 'rpg maker' license because initially, that's where I wanted to go. It was on their site that I discovered VNM, and I went for it without thinking. I thought that since it was from the same series, it must be of quality... I only learned after several months of development that it was just a collaboration and that there was no longer any support.

Thank you for the feedback; yes, the farm is expected to evolve in the future (but not the near future! I'm still finishing the initial scenes for all the characters).
I dunno much about Unreal other than it's beefy and definitely maybe overkill here.... Welp, hope testing goes well.

RPG Maker itself is a good and well supported engine seeing as it's kinda the bread and butter of the brand, but yeah.... VNM is just no good and kind of a gimmick. You'd have been better off starting with Ren'Py from the get go.

Well, you have a great project, even in spite of how often it crashes and how vague some quest hints are, but you're early enough in development to change engines, based on your future plans post.

Imma still support cuz... well, this game ticks a LOT of boxes for me.

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017

I did some checks, and everything seems to be working fine. Are you applying the fertilizer after planting the vegebubbles?

As a reminder, you need to click on the plant after planting the veegee to add fertilizer.
I dunno much about Unreal other than it's beefy and definitely maybe overkill here.... Welp, hope testing goes well.

RPG Maker itself is a good and well supported engine seeing as it's kinda the bread and butter of the brand, but yeah.... VNM is just no good and kind of a gimmick. You'd have been better off starting with Ren'Py from the get go.
So far, from what I see, Unreal is quite good. I need to check the size of a compiled game because I'd like to avoid ending up with something over 4GB again.
RPG Maker is good too (especially since I know it well), but I'm very dependent on plugins to do exactly what I want, and since I can't code them myself, I have to find them. What bothers me also is that I'll keep almost nothing from RPG Maker, so might as well go for a better engine if I have to redo everything from scratch.

Of course, I'll continue to update the game on VNM in parallel; the next update will bring the first animated scenes of Lisa! (The early access will probably come this weekend or Monday).
Well, you have a great project, even in spite of how often it crashes and how vague some quest hints are, but you're early enough in development to change engines, based on your future plans post.

Imma still support cuz... well, this game ticks a LOT of boxes for me.
Thanks, I appreciate what you're telling me! I don't plan on giving up!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
I did some checks, and everything seems to be working fine. Are you applying the fertilizer after planting the vegebubbles?

As a reminder, you need to click on the plant after planting the veegee to add fertilizer.

So far, from what I see, Unreal is quite good. I need to check the size of a compiled game because I'd like to avoid ending up with something over 4GB again.
RPG Maker is good too (especially since I know it well), but I'm very dependent on plugins to do exactly what I want, and since I can't code them myself, I have to find them. What bothers me also is that I'll keep almost nothing from RPG Maker, so might as well go for a better engine if I have to redo everything from scratch.

Of course, I'll continue to update the game on VNM in parallel; the next update will bring the first animated scenes of Lisa! (The early access will probably come this weekend or Monday).

Thanks, I appreciate what you're telling me! I don't plan on giving up!
Yeah, I love RPGM too and 8 have to rely on plugins too.
But yeah, it can get confusing if you don't properly document everything.

As for Unreal. I'm glad it's working out.
Hopefully, you'll get what you want out of it.

Speaking of Lisa.
I still find it kinda funny that we banged grandma, our cousin, and 2 sisters BEFORE our mom.
I... did not expect that.
Also, Hilda's kinda bitchy and super religious but.... that legit makes me wanna corrupt her to the lewd side even more.

Lucy is adorable btw.
Berry gives off a LOT of mixed signals, but that's not a bad thing.
Btw, what's the plan on total harem size?

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes