Justaname87

Feb 15, 2018
I've been getting the same exact error on Android as well. It has even messed up my older saves before progressing the game.

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
For now, I advise against trying to go too far with the Android version; the saves clearly have a problem, and it won't be fixed immediately.
In parallel with the new updates that come regularly, I'm actively working on a new engine (Unreal) that will be much more efficient and less buggy. A stable version for Android (and probably other OS as well) will be offered then. Sorry for the inconvenience!

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
[...], I'm actively working on a new engine (Unreal) [...]
Unreal or Unity? Thought I'd read something about Unity earlier, maybe just my imgination though. Unreal engine games I've come across before usually are WASD first-person movement games, can't imagine that working great with this game. I don't really know much about that stuff and probably am wrong, but it makes me kinda wary.

Anyways, thanks for this great game so far! ;)

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Unreal or Unity? Thought I'd read something about Unity earlier, maybe just my imgination though. Unreal engine games I've come across before usually are WASD first-person movement games, can't imagine that working great with this game. I don't really know much about that stuff and probably am wrong, but it makes me kinda wary.

Anyways, thanks for this great game so far! ;)
Both Unity and Unreal allow you to create visual novels. They are powerful engines, and this type of game really doesn't require (really doesn't) a lot of resources. I prefer Unreal because the Blueprint system integrated into this engine is perfect for beginners like me who don't really know how to program. But don't worry, I'll release a test version before porting the entire game to make sure everything works. I won't make the same mistake twice!
1703841074456.png

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Both Unity and Unreal allow you to create visual novels. They are powerful engines, and this type of game really doesn't require (really doesn't) a lot of resources. I prefer Unreal because the Blueprint system integrated into this engine is perfect for beginners like me who don't really know how to program. But don't worry, I'll release a test version before porting the entire game to make sure everything works. I won't make the same mistake twice!
View attachment 3214190
I'm looking forward to it either way, but from what I've seen a fair bit of indie game devs usually do use Unity and I don't know to many games around here done in unreal.
Again, as long as you're comfy with it and we can get a solid game out of it then I'm happy either way.

Oh, question... Ornella had 3 daughters right?
Our mom, Halley's mom, and one more aunt yeah?
I wonder what they're like other than not liking to stick around for too long...
One surprising note about Ornella is that she had kids pretty young... at least taking Lisa's age into account. Welp, not the youngest I've seen a granny have kids considering the story of how my grandparents on my dad's side met. If anything, it shows the generational gap pretty well considering how much older Lisa was when she had kids.

Anyway, every thought of making and showing off a family tree and relationship chart? I honestly think that'd be kinda cool.
Well, that and I'm honestly just super curious.

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
I'm looking forward to it either way, but from what I've seen a fair bit of indie game devs usually do use Unity and I don't know to many games around here done in unreal.
Again, as long as you're comfy with it and we can get a solid game out of it then I'm happy either way.
There are still some games that use Unreal, even though the engine is more optimized for 3D, but yeah, I'm quite optimistic for a more stable and overall better game on this engine.

Oh, question... Ornella had 3 daughters right?
Our mom, Halley's mom, and one more aunt yeah?
I wonder what they're like other than not liking to stick around for too long...
One surprising note about Ornella is that she had kids pretty young... at least taking Lisa's age into account. Welp, not the youngest I've seen a granny have kids considering the story of how my grandparents on my dad's side met. If anything, it shows the generational gap pretty well considering how much older Lisa was when she had kids.

Anyway, every thought of making and showing off a family tree and relationship chart? I honestly think that'd be kinda cool.
Well, that and I'm honestly just super curious.
Yes, there are indeed two aunts in the game: Halley's mother, Emma (who is also the director of the chain of stores where Berry works) and Anna, who has no children. I had already started producing assets with their design and everything, but I'm not too satisfied with what they look like now, so I think I'll redo them (they looked a lot like Lisa, and even though it's a bit normal, I still want them to have different characteristics).

Regarding the family tree, I hadn't thought about it, but the idea is interesting! Especially since I plan to add even more members in the future... I will definitely think about it seriously.

Reactions: Crevanille

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
There are still some games that use Unreal, even though the engine is more optimized for 3D, but yeah, I'm quite optimistic for a more stable and overall better game on this engine.

Yes, there are indeed two aunts in the game: Halley's mother, Emma (who is also the director of the chain of stores where Berry works) and Anna, who has no children. I had already started producing assets with their design and everything, but I'm not too satisfied with what they look like now, so I think I'll redo them (they looked a lot like Lisa, and even though it's a bit normal, I still want them to have different characteristics).

Regarding the family tree, I hadn't thought about it, but the idea is interesting! Especially since I plan to add even more members in the future... I will definitely think about it seriously.
Well, as long as they share some basic core similarities, then it's all good. I mean, look at Halley. She's got a different hair color (which I'm sure is either random and/or from her dad's side) so it's fine to have some differences. Though, I think the real appeal of the taboo is more about those similarities and that making them stand out more with their differing personalities. Like how Berry looks more like her mom but is WAY different from her.

And yeah, I really hope you do up a family tree. I think it'd be really fun to see how everything lines up.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Just a quick question. How many times do we need to sell stuff to Irina? Just wanna get a heads up to plan accordingly since she only shows up on Fridays I think.
Or, does she show up every evening? I forget.

bewolftreize

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
You have to sell her $4,000 worth of vegebubbles (starting from the update; everything you sold before doesn't count). She's only available on Friday evenings.

Reactions: Crevanille

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Ngl.
The furry acting like an actual domesticated animal was... interesting. Damn. These vegebubbles are something else. Shit's like horny catnip and I love it.

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes