3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
:rolleyes::rolleyes: remake ....
and still the same shit bugs

why every dev makes a remake when he has no ideas anymore how to continue a story ?
lack of IQ ?

Reactions: Jellyfish_xD

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
Last update people shat on the dev for the decisions made to alter the story and characters but this update felt pretty good. It wasn't too short, and I'm excited to see where Nisse's story takes us. My only complaint is that selfishly I want more Thea and more Rosie content. Other than that this was a solid update and if the rest are of this quality I'm sure you'll pick up more supporters for the project, Vilkas Creative!

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Enjoying the ride.. but I gotta say that Jade.. She's got some kind of squared Frankenstein sh*t going on around her eyes..

ritz.png

MAD6999

Nov 21, 2021
Just one question, will the game have lesbian content and if so, will it be avoidable? to know whether to play it or not

Reactions: battali0n

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Vilkas Creative

I left a pretty scathing critique on the old version of the game, and I can see this version actually addressed some of those issues. The English is improved significantly, although it seems like the proofreader didn't get to all of it yet. The overload of cringy witty banter was toned down to make the MC come off as decently charming instead of a clown.

The first version didn't have any flags or variables which was the main concern for me. It seems like you've removed the vast majority of flavor text choices and set flags when you enter a girl's route. The coding is very light. There are no variables to shape the MC's personality or how he deals with the girls other than to enter their route or not. That could put off some people, but I can respect this decision as a means to keep the story on track and lessen the burdens in developing a lot of variations.

The writing could skill have a look over. For example, Nisse should refer to Thea as mom, instead of her name. There is also the uncertainty about how MC would act in a sex scene. Since we have no way to determine how much of a dominant playboy the MC might be, or if he will be a gentle lover, some players might be put off when the MC acts a certain way. Also, there are mistakes with routing. for example, you accept Cacau route on the first chance, and the MC will later monologue about having rejected her. And Cacau later invites the MC to have dinner with her sister and her boyfriend, and the game never checks for your route with her. So it just assumes you are on her route and are "friends with benefits" even if you rejected her route.

For example, when fucking Cacau in the office, the MC thinks to himself, 'Damn, she likes it rough. What a whore.' I actually like an MC that might think or act this way, but I know for a fact that not everyone who would be into a game like this will like it. Plus, he's not been shown to be a massively chauvinistic Andrew Tate wannabe, so there is the concern of landing on a consistent personality for the MC if there can only be one.

But mostly, what I wanted to talk about is how amazing this game handles a few details. All the characters have a wardrobe. They change clothes daily. Not just clothes, but their hair styles can vary from day to day. The father comes home from a long time on the road with a full beard. As soon as he's had some time to get situated, he's clean shaven. This type of attention to detail really helps bring the world to life. You would be surprised by how many devs, even very popular ones, don't bother giving a functional wardrobe to their characters.

The second thing I was very impressed by is that father's character. This might be the most nuanced and grounded attempt at the father passing on the torch to his son to become the "man of the house." Normally, they just die (mostly before the game starts lol), or they are massive assholes without any redeeming quality and the MC just straight up hates them. But how it's handled in this game, and how the MC responds, is very believable. Good job.

I wouldn't say the writing, as a whole, is exceptional, but it's on the decent side with some moments of brilliance. Good luck on the game and don't get discouraged.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
I don´t understand why the dev changed the woman in the remake. It seems as if he has a Donatella Versace fetish, regarding the lips... They really make the faces ugly. Other then that i really like this game, although i am not sure about this many li´s.
Is it only my opinion, or does jade look like a drugsaddict. I mean her lips don't help much, and her eyes look like she is high on something...

Reactions: qaywsx

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Vilkas Creative

I left a pretty scathing critique on the old version of the game, and I can see this version actually addressed some of those issues. The English is improved significantly, although it seems like the proofreader didn't get to all of it yet. The overload of cringy witty banter was toned down to make the MC come off as decently charming instead of a clown.

The first version didn't have any flags or variables which was the main concern for me. It seems like you've removed the vast majority of flavor text choices and set flags when you enter a girl's route. The coding is very light. There are no variables to shape the MC's personality or how he deals with the girls other than to enter their route or not. That could put off some people, but I can respect this decision as a means to keep the story on track and lessen the burdens in developing a lot of variations.

The writing could skill have a look over. For example, Nisse should refer to Thea as mom, instead of her name. There is also the uncertainty about how MC would act in a sex scene. Since we have no way to determine how much of a dominant playboy the MC might be, or if he will be a gentle lover, some players might be put off when the MC acts a certain way. Also, there are mistakes with routing. for example, you accept Cacau route on the first chance, and the MC will later monologue about having rejected her. And Cacau later invites the MC to have dinner with her sister and her boyfriend, and the game never checks for your route with her. So it just assumes you are on her route and are "friends with benefits" even if you rejected her route.

For example, when fucking Cacau in the office, the MC thinks to himself, 'Damn, she likes it rough. What a whore.' I actually like an MC that might think or act this way, but I know for a fact that not everyone who would be into a game like this will like it. Plus, he's not been shown to be a massively chauvinistic Andrew Tate wannabe, so there is the concern of landing on a consistent personality for the MC if there can only be one.

But mostly, what I wanted to talk about is how amazing this game handles a few details. All the characters have a wardrobe. They change clothes daily. Not just clothes, but their hair styles can vary from day to day. The father comes home from a long time on the road with a full beard. As soon as he's had some time to get situated, he's clean shaven. This type of attention to detail really helps bring the world to life. You would be surprised by how many devs, even very popular ones, don't bother giving a functional wardrobe to their characters.

The second thing I was very impressed by is that father's character. This might be the most nuanced and grounded attempt at the father passing on the torch to his son to become the "man of the house." Normally, they just die (mostly before the game starts lol), or they are massive assholes without any redeeming quality and the MC just straight up hates them. But how it's handled in this game, and how the MC responds, is very believable. Good job.

I wouldn't say the writing, as a whole, is exceptional, but it's on the decent side with some moments of brilliance. Good luck on the game and don't get discouraged.
Good review. I liked the game too, can't say I like it more than the old one, I know I liked the old one, but it's too long ago. I was missing a walkthrough-mod, just found out it had one, because I was missing the which routes I'm following.

I finished the game, and looked through the pictures, because I was interested in nisse, and saw I missed a few pictures with her. Like seeing her tits in the clothing shop, it wasn't possible whatever I tried.

I hope he does continue with this game.

And I am wondering what is the goal of the game, should MC choose one girl, or should MC choose them all. Will there be conflicts, I didn't see any difference between selecting one or the other girl, nobody gets angry. Nisse knows I fucked Jade and going on a date with macaco(??) and didn't get angry. I can imagine he will take nisse and thea both, maybe even at the same time in a future version, they seem to all be leaking for him (so to say)...

Aminkondori

Mar 26, 2020
View attachment 2653058

Overview:
Lust of Pain is a visual novel that revolves around the main character, who suffered from long-term depression after being abandoned by their childhood love, and their journey to return to their normal life within their daily routine.

As time goes by, the main character's social circle expands and everything seems to be going well for them.
They have started to obtain everything they could possibly want as a young adult.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Complete Remake of Lust of Pain
Trailer:
Thread Updated: 2023-07-25
Release Date: 2023-07-24
Developer: Vilkas Creative - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.4
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Android: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Extras: Multi Mod* -
Italian Translation*

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2653066 View attachment 2653062 View attachment 2653063 View attachment 2653065 View attachment 2653064 View attachment 2653067 View attachment 2653068 View attachment 2653069
Does the game suddenly end here or is this a bug?

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes