omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
forget about mega, nopy or any other valid download source with this game, pass the 48h of update release cause dev and his minions manually dmca all of it and that gets tiresome real fast, if you cant grab on time always look for torrent, dev can bitch and cry to russians as much as he like doubt they care
Yeah I remember seeing the DMCA message when I tried to use MEGA once some time ago for this game, someone stood up for the developer though saying that they allow F95 to have this here. Honestly it doesn't matter if he wants it here or not, there is no way to stop your game being played for free. There has and always will be someone circumventing any kind of DMCA nonsense or even DRM's.

Reactions: max321

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Great, guess I won't be downloading this game anymore. The issue I have with Torrent downloads it that they are block in my country, so without a MEGA or NOPOY links, no more lusty echoes for me. :(
well if thats the case cant help you much there, time to switch on vpn or something, pretty much all other sources sucks and nothing stay up for long time

Yeah I remember seeing the DMCA message when I tried to use MEGA once some time ago for this game, someone stood up for the developer though saying that they allow F95 to have this here. Honestly it doesn't matter if he wants it here or not, there is no way to stop your game being played for free. There has and always will be someone circumventing any kind of DMCA nonsense or even DRM's.
yeah i agree, but for now they are still trying to take down everything and anyone that isnt around at time that gets leaked have to deal with shitty transfers. many sites dont even bother with this game anymore , too much work i guess.

HorttoKaalo

Jul 1, 2021
The reason why they even started with the whole DMCA strikes in the first place was that one italian fuckface who lurks on this forum also, who blatantly stole the content and then sold it as his own on his website and on his own Patreon page too. He took all of Inceton's content down from his pages right after he saw Inceton himself posting here that he is going to take legal actions against him. Inceton however wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again, and bought DMCA services. He wanted to let F95 go without DMCA strikes, but obviously you can't just hand pick what sites gets the strike and what doesn't if you buy DMCA services from a company. After having a little fallout on this page with the staff he hasn't been interested of this site almost at all as that can be seen as reduced postings and visits here.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Well, I am not even sure, how somebody can DMCA a Renpy game. For what it is worth, RenPy is open sourced, and DAZ models belong, well to DAZ.

barris

Jan 4, 2021
Well, I am not even sure, how somebody can DMCA a Renpy game. For what it is worth, RenPy is open sourced, and DAZ models belong, well to DAZ.
Not relevant at all, derived works can still be copyrighted, it's pretty common. The copyright is on what is novel, the story, its text and characters, the game's decisions, the specific renders etc. Even when the copyright on underlying things belongs elsewhere.

HorttoKaalo

Jul 1, 2021
So are you this infamous italian thief who has been stealing other developers content and sold it as your own? :devilish::illuminati:

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Not relevant at all, derived works can still be copyrighted, it's pretty common. The copyright is on what is novel, the story, its text and characters, the game's decisions, the specific renders etc. Even when the copyright on underlying things belongs elsewhere.
I don't really think that's possible. I am not a lawyer, but at least part of RenPy is released under LPGL, which here means Renpy Games have to be distributed under manner compatible with it. Which means, a) they cant really copyright it as derivative work, and what it is more important b) it can be sold, but source code has to be freely distributed. That's why we don't see DMCA bombings by larger players.
In short, I am currently thinking it's more likely that developer is reporting the links. DMCA firms should know better than this.
So are you this infamous italian thief who has been stealing other developers content and sold it as your own? :devilish::illuminati:
Sure

HorttoKaalo

Jul 1, 2021
In short, I am currently thinking it's more likely that developer is reporting the links.
Developer has already confirmed that they have bought services for it, . When you start up the game you can see the copyright claims. They have trademarked their stuff.

Last edited:

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Developer has already confirmed that they have bought services for it, . When you start up the game you can see the copyright claims. They have trademarked their stuff.
I don't see any copyright claims, or trademarks when I start the game. There is his logo, there is warning about epileptic seizures, after that warning about game being 18+...
Like I said, I am not a lawyer, but what exactly he can copyright? RenPy which is released under few dozen of open source licenses, some very restrictive? Daz models? He would have to buy copyright from them. Not to buy models, but copyright...
Text? It's coded into renpy, and can't be copyrighted...
As for buying services... maybe he did, maybe he didn't. It doesn't mean there is any legal basis for him or them to claim dmca.

• Angry
Reactions: HorttoKaalo

omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
The reason why they even started with the whole DMCA strikes in the first place was that one italian fuckface who lurks on this forum also, who blatantly stole the content and then sold it as his own on his website and on his own Patreon page too. He took all of Inceton's content down from his pages right after he saw Inceton himself posting here that he is going to take legal actions against him. Inceton however wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again, and bought DMCA services. He wanted to let F95 go without DMCA strikes, but obviously you can't just hand pick what sites gets the strike and what doesn't if you buy DMCA services from a company. After having a little fallout on this page with the staff he hasn't been interested of this site almost at all as that can be seen as reduced postings and visits here.

That makes a bit more sense, whoever said it before didn't really explain that. Just that he put a DMCA up and that F95 was supposed to be excluded, nothing about someone else stealing his material which is why it happened to begin with.

Kaftan

Jan 12, 2020
Guys i got small problem

During start of season 2 (EP5) Emily is asking about bonus code

S2 E5 Bonus Code: frozenhot
S2 E4 Bonus Code
: bunny
S2E3 Bonus Code: hoehoehoe
Season 1 Episode 10 code - thanks

So when i write "frozenhot" game says that code is wrong ... When i write "bunny" it says its code for ep4 but it works .... Someone knows how to fix it ? or savegame from Day 1 with working code of episode 5 ?

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
Guys i got small problem

During start of season 2 (EP5) Emily is asking about bonus code

S2 E5 Bonus Code: frozenhot
S2 E4 Bonus Code
: bunny
S2E3 Bonus Code: hoehoehoe
Season 1 Episode 10 code - thanks

So when i write "frozenhot" game says that code is wrong ... When i write "bunny" it says its code for ep4 but it works .... Someone knows how to fix it ? or savegame from Day 1 with working code of episode 5 ?
Why dont you write the Bonus code in the main menu?

Reactions: Kaftan

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I don't see any copyright claims, or trademarks when I start the game. There is his logo, there is warning about epileptic seizures, after that warning about game being 18+...
Like I said, I am not a lawyer, but what exactly he can copyright? RenPy which is released under few dozen of open source licenses, some very restrictive? Daz models? He would have to buy copyright from them. Not to buy models, but copyright...
As for buying services... maybe he did, maybe he didn't. It doesn't mean there is any legal basis for him or them to claim dmca.
You don't have to declare a copyright if I remember correctly. Just publishing something in some public form comes with an assumed copyright. The models are someone else's, but what the devs do with them can be copyrighted, in the same way you can't copyright an actor, but you can copyright the movie they are in. The tools to create the game are one thing, but the game itself can be copyrighted. It would be a pretty useless product if the maker of the tool kept the copyright for anything made from it. They can also copyright the dialogue and maybe some elements of the story, although time loop stuff is common everywhere.

Reactions: HillDweller

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
You don't have to declare a copyright if I remember correctly. Just publishing something in some public form comes with an assumed copyright.
It's depends on jurisdiction. EG, Mexico might recognise (I don't imply they do or not), and Sweden might not. You do realize it doesn't mean a lot at internet in this cased.

The models are someone else's, but what the devs do with them can be copyrighted, in the same way you can't copyright an actor, but you can copyright the movie they are in.
But models are indeed copyrighted.

The tools to create the game are one thing, but the game itself can be copyrighted.
Well, not here. Why? Because, game is not only developed by RenPy SDK. It's distributed with RenPy libraries and code.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
What you are completely overlooking is that, copyrighting the game "Echoes of Lust" is not the same as trying to copyright the models used and game engine used as their own.

"Echoes of Lust" itself is an original work. They aren't copyrighting the models or game engine used to create the original work.

If Inceton starts DMCA'ing other games that use the same model or using Renpy, now that would be something they can't do.

Reactions: Corambis
3.70 star(s) 240 Votes