boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
This is a weird question but when did Echoes of Lust name changed to Lust Theory? It sounds like a recent change since it caught me off guard when the file name was Lust Theory while in the other versions it was Echoes of Lust. Had to do some research to see that the name changed but when did that happened and why?
I am betting it is a branding thing. They are selling the game on other platforms (itch.io, Steam, etc.) and I think that they thought (or hopefully tested) and found that Lust Theory was more attractive than the former name. Either that, or someone went off their meds. Either case is plausible.
I think they had massive issues getting Episode 1 on to Steam. Back when the devs were active here they even asked for help if anyone had a clue as to why it was getting rejected. I would guess that they either ran out of ideas and simply tried to trick Steam by simply changing the name and it worked, or they were told that for some reason Echoes of Lust is blacklisted and they had to change the name to get it approved.

Edit: A discord Mod also confirmed they had to change the name because of Steam

Last edited:

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I think they had massive issues getting Episode 1 on to Steam. Back when the devs were active here they even asked for help if anyone had a clue as to why it was getting rejected. I would guess that they either ran out of ideas and simply tried to trick Steam by simply changing the name and it worked, or they were told that for some reason Echoes of Lust is blacklisted and they had to change the name to get it approved.

Edit: A discord Mod also confirmed they had to change the name because of Steam
I keep telling folk that Steam sucks. Maybe they will eventually get around to believing me.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Last edited:

lolmoc

Apr 18, 2020
This version changed the folder for saves.. What a dumb dumb dumb move.
Maybe they're not compatible anymore, dunno, haven't played it.

Edit: Played it, works. Small x-mas episode.

To use old saves, move them from
\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\EchoesOfLust2-1536575576
to
\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LustTheory2-1536575576
Thank you for the help!

Firestorm253

Mar 6, 2020
o_O And people here (thank you guys) still compress more, impressive.
more compressed means worse quiality. i don't consider this as a good thing. as bigger games arey the better the quality of textures, movies, animations ect are. there is only one way of doing it differently and that is to recreate any rendered picture with a given amount of pointed data as information of point movement. this takes an big computation power and is close to rendering the images while playing the game. 99% of the pc's won't be able to do it properly. so you either have big files or bad quality. your choice...

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Good god those random QTEs were annoying, and the ice part that has no rhyme or reason to it... it's worst.
Please no more.

I don't think anyone plays VNs because they really enjoy save scumming.

3.70 star(s) 240 Votes