ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
this time i got this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That generic "MemoryError" with no further specifications make me suspect that either your RAM is not big enough or it has some faulty bit.

How much RAM do you have?

---

Also for your previous post about the game exiting abruptly, something similar (no error window and no traceback.txt created) happened to me with another game (Bright Past v0.96.5) after a Windows update. It was working fine, then I made a Windows update and now it doesn't even start. When I double click on the .exe I can only see BrightPast.exe in the Task Manager detail list (but no window appears) and after something like 20 or 30 seconds the executable disappears even from task manager.

I tried the same files on the computer of a friend of mine, and it works fine... Must be some weird kind of conflict of that Windows update with my peculiar harware configuration. I asked on Bright Past thread, but I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue.

Also, booting my PC with Puppy Linux instead that with Windows, Bright Past works fine...

raider_manhc

Jul 12, 2018
That generic "MemoryError" with no further specifications make me suspect that either your RAM is not big enough or it has some faulty bit.

---

Also for your previous post about the game exiting abruptly, something similar (no error window and no traceback.txt created) happened to me with another game (Bright Past v0.96.5) after a Windows update. It was working fine, then I made a Windows update and now it doesn't even start. When I double click on the .exe I can only see BrightPast.exe in the Task Manager detail list (but no window appears) and after something like 20 or 30 seconds the executable disappears even from task manager.

I tried the same files on the computer of a friend of mine, and it works fine... Must be some weird kind of conflict of that Windows update with my peculiar harware configuration. I asked on Bright Past thread, but I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue.

Also, booting my PC with Puppy Linux instead that with Windows, Bright Past works fine...
i got amd ryzen 7 3700x 8core processor with 16gb ram.
and a geforce rtx 2070 super also with 16gb ram.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
i got amd ryzen 7 3700x 8core processor with 16gb ram.
and a geforce rtx 2070 super also with 16gb ram.
16GiB in my opinion should be enough to play such games (older Ren'Py games don't crash, right?), but just in case: Try to increase your pagefile/swapfile on drive C to 8GiB. That adds some virtual - slow - memory, but it helps with actual memory problems.

Out of memory errors are happening in other new Ren'Py games as well that use a new Ren'Py version, I think it's a bug in the engine.
My 64GB should be enough to actually cache several games at the same time, still I got a out of memory error when fast forwarding too quickly, especially during animations.

raider_manhc

Jul 12, 2018
This has been happening in other new Ren'Py games as well that use a new Ren'Py version, seems to be a bug in the engine.
My 64GB should be enough to actually cache several games at the same time, still I got a out of memory error when fast forwarding too quickly, especially during animations.
hmm well i was not even fast forwarding.. i was waiting for the prompt/moment when i knew i should go forward and still it crashed... so weird.. i have played alot of other games using renpy, but have never had a game crash on me:unsure:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I just tested the game a bit, it occupied - depending on the content shown - between 200MB and 2GB of RAM. Nothing out of the ordinary and it also goes back down after animations.

But ... you are not getting a "OUT OF memory" error, just "memory".
There is always the chance that it's not related to your RAM at all, but to the stored game files. Try downloading the game again.
And make sure you DO have a swap file on your hard drive, some games depend on one being present, no matter how much RAM the PC has.

Reactions: raider_manhc

keines

Feb 23, 2021
At this point do people fail to even inspect main post at the front page? You don't even need to use search, just read it.
It would take less time to just reply with the code than to type all that complaining about ppl asking.

buttgoose

Sep 5, 2021
It would take less time to just reply with the code than to type all that complaining about ppl asking.
The thread would be half the length it is now (759 pages) if people could read. Y'all gotta think of the mods poor server space for all this wasted text.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Do we have a release Date for the full Season 2 with complete Voice Over yet? Been waiting soo long for this
No
It MAY come out before these go to their holidays, but probably not. About a week ago they said that they still miss some samples for Ep8 and said they are not sure if the actress can come in in time. They'll release a version in time, but it may not contain all Ep8 samples.

Last edited:
Reactions: micmitja

devonY7

Feb 3, 2020
Inceton is one BIG FAT LIAR, at the start of this month they were boasting about FOUR releases (from Lust Theory universe) but just two releases this month & they are done and now went on the holidays, still no news on release date of LT Season 2 with complete Voice Over. It was suppose to come out around Christmas 2022 now its Christmas 2023 and still not complete
it is still possible . both the dlc and VA can be added in one patch . also the 2022 thing cant be real since the game released on steam in january this year right after episode 10 and keep in mind game had little to no VA back then .

Reactions: KiraJames

HPYY

Dec 5, 2023
it is still possible . both the dlc and VA can be added in one patch . also the 2022 thing cant be real since the game released on steam in january this year right after episode 10 and keep in mind game had little to no VA back then .
Previous VA left last Christmas i think. Anyways voice acting is no easy job and they didnt really mean at Christmas. I think only unreal lust theory was to be released on Christmas but seems like a few days earlier. VA probably 1st or 2nd week of January 2024. What was the other lust theory release? (other than season 3 i mean)

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Well, Epq Didn't Give Anything Much, I Surely Want Some Scenes With Amy Mom "Racheal"
Could do without tbh. I am not a fan of oversized saggy boobs. I am also not a fan of Angel But each to their own I guess :)
And of course in the end she could have an interesting story, then I go with any shape.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Why the netorare tag? Is there netorare in the game?
Only in hidden bonus scenes for Jessica and Amy - either non canon or happening before the story events.
They get involved with someone else. But since the MC is not there to catch them, it should not be called netorare (which specifically includes the main character suffering because he caught them).

3.70 star(s) 243 Votes