Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Almost no content, but it has potential. Let's hope it will not be abandoned after release next update. If there will be update.
I'll update it fastest i can yeah content is really less... Sorry about that i am working on it i'll upload next update as possible i can it will be not abandoned don't worry. You have my word :)

Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
I hope I can just tell her to fuck off indefinitely. Is this another game where you are made to be with every character just because they are there?
You are right, you can i'll add third option to skip scene or close specific girl's path.

Reactions: Strykker

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Tinkel Studios

Actually making a sandbox or a pure VN depends on the type of story you want to tell and the type of game you are interested in developing.

If you want to make some type of game that includes maintenance (evolve school, make investments, or anything similar), combat, or rpg mechanics, such as include side quests that can be done when the player deems (or can wait to do them to have statistics that allow it), surely a sandbox will facilitate your work.

If you want to tell a basically linear story, do a VN.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Tinkel Studios

Actually making a sandbox or a pure VN depends on the type of story you want to tell and the type of game you are interested in developing.

If you want to make some type of game that includes maintenance (evolve school, make investments, or anything similar), combat, or rpg mechanics, such as include side quests that can be done when the player deems (or can wait to do them to have statistics that allow it), surely a sandbox will facilitate your work.

If you want to tell a basically linear story, do a VN.
Yeah, you technically could do the same thing with upgrades and whatnot just happening during the story but if you want the player to actually be involved in that prosses I think a sandbox is the way to go.

Reactions: Tinkel Studios

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Ahh it is not right now but i'll add a map and clickable things in future updates.
You asked what a sandbox is? "I'll add a map." That's a sandbox. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT! Please do not ruin this game with a sandbox. You'll lose so many people if you go that route ... GUARANTEED. I'll be the first to sign off and never come back ... EVER! Sandboxes are an old, used up, method of presenting these games that are no longer necessary. There are other ways of doing things now that are far more superior to sandboxes! Please don't ruin your game with a stupid sandbox!

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
You asked what a sandbox is? "I'll add a map." That's a sandbox. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT! Please do not ruin this game with a sandbox. You'll lose so many people if you go that route ... GUARANTEED. I'll be the first to sign off and never come back ... EVER! Sandboxes are an old, used up, method of presenting these games that are no longer necessary. There are other ways of doing things now that are far more superior to sandboxes! Please don't ruin your game with a stupid sandbox!
Inside voice. The type of game and story should dictate how it's developed. Trying to force mechanics into a pure VN is going to be clunky at best. It's really only bad in my opinion when a dev makes a half assed fake sandbox using a choice menu. If they take the time to actually make screens it altogether different. I'm interested in these "far superior" ways you mention though.

Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Yeah, you technically could do the same thing with upgrades and whatnot just happening during the story but if you want the player to actually be involved in that prosses I think a sandbox is the way to go.
Thanks for advice <3

3.70 star(s) 23 Votes