Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
Did i miss something with Gunnar?
Why are people so heartbroken over him
Or is it just a bunch of bottoms sad that they lost theyre top?
I for one personally loved how kinky he was but not only that, I think a lot of people were hoping for a potential romance with him eventually so to get that Gunnar loves you more message then that ending was like heartbreaking

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
................ I don't understand............ why the hell make the decision to kill him, I understand that the current newly added content was the continuation that many wanted but why the hell do something like eliminate a character like that.......... I suppose that maybe in the future we can revive him in some way.

Reactions: boredlooking23

Passerby2010

Dec 24, 2019
Gunnar was one of the first characters in ld even without his sprite. He was really likeable due to his charisma and kinks. I am sure that hyaos ass will burn when this update became public

the Last dawn

Mar 25, 2021
View attachment 277608

Overview:
It’s an adult text-based game with rpg mechanics, inspired by titles like “Flexible Survival” or “Trials in Tainted Space".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This game contains adult themes of both hetero and homosexual nature (with a stronger focus on male content)

Thread Updated: 2023-02-13
Release Date: 2023-02-13
Developer: Hyao -
Censored: No
Version: 0.51.0
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Linux v0.48.0: - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: - - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Android v0.50.0: - - MEGA - -

fat_fingers_ma_gee thanks for the link

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 277609 View attachment 277610 View attachment 277611 View attachment 277612 View attachment 277613
please fix this text size!!

Aug 2, 2019
What do you mean? Haven't played Tavern of Spears.
Tavern of Spear has a knack of killing off alot of the husbandos depending on the player's choices. Both Caro(Creator of ToS) and Hyao(Creator of LD) are friends irl. So alot of people joke that he's taking a few notes out of Caro's book.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
A random thought:
Killing built up characters can actually be a good writing tech to control the plots, avoiding the story become too convoluted, meanwhile creating memorable climax, emotional attachment, and good drama. (If done right.)

Does that mean Hyao is starting to focus on narratives, driving the stories to some closure from now on? Aka less free roaming sim, more VN.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
A random thought:
Killing built up characters can actually be a good writing tech to control the plots, avoiding the story become too convoluted, meanwhile creating memorable climax, emotional attachment, and good drama. (If done right.)

Does that mean Hyao is starting to focus on narratives, driving the stories to some closure from now on? Aka less free roaming sim, more VN.
It really does build up emotion but it has officially killed off the most kinky character which is a major downfall on a sex game.

I could understand if there was a way to stop it or a choice between characters you let die but this seemed like a bad move considering Gunnar's fanbase.

Aug 2, 2019
It really does build up emotion but it has officially killed off the most kinky character which is a major downfall on a sex game.

I could understand if there was a way to stop it or a choice between characters you let die but this seemed like a bad move considering Gunnar's fanbase.
I'm a bit surprised that gunnar was so liked given his vulgarity towards the player in and out of sexy times.

Anbard

Oct 13, 2018
I'm in the same camp of being surprised that so many people are this upset by Gunnar's death, I really thought he would have been one of the least popular options. He was a jerk to you from day one and the only real relationship available is where you are his little subby bottom bitch, though then again I guess a lot of people like that sort of stuff which hey more power to you.

Honestly though, if there ever was going to be a death from this entire game it definitely was going to be someone from the "bandit" group. I actually thought Jester would have been the one to get the axe.
Makes me wonder, if we are going to have characters die from now on, who would be next? Someone from Bareshade maybe?

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019

It could be consider a bad move in terms of "free roaming sim" / "dating sim", Since plot death never goes well with "freedom".
But it can serve well as the reasons I listed, if the focus is on Story / Plot progression, and there's a story to be told.

LD has really staggered for the past year, no one was happy on how it went. Any change in pace are welcome IMO.
It can go both ways at this point, depending on what's Hyao's plan and execution.

I definitely prefer the death of a NPC over the death of the game.

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
It could be consider a bad move in terms of "free roaming sim" / "dating sim", Since plot death never goes well with "freedom".
But it can serve well as the reasons I listed, if the focus is on Story / Plot progression, and there's a story to be told.

LD has really staggered for the past year, no one was happy on how it went. Any change in pace are welcome IMO.
It can go both ways at this point, depending on what's Hyao's plan and execution.

I definitely prefer the death of a NPC over the death of the game.
It terms of story it was good move I won't deny it had me feel something which is rare, but I cannot fathom why we couldn't interact with that event at all or change the outcome which was definitely more Visual Novel than RPG

Unless somebody has had a different result I do not know about yet

Last edited:
Reactions: boredlooking23
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes